Keto meal suggestions

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I was doing the anabolic diet farily well and then school started. Here is my dilema.. every tue and thursday I have school, first class is 11am-1240pm and second class is 2-315pm then after class I go fight train 6-830.. everything is pretty far from my house so I am away from home from 1030am-9pm.. thats 10 and a half hours.

Now I work 12 hour days and at a hospital so I am used to being on the move and eating but my main problem is that there is no microwave at school or the fight gym!!! WTF!! So my meals are extremely limited I need suggestions of things I can eat and doesnt require heating up.

So the requirements are has to be high fat, high protein and not needed to be heated up. I figured I would need 2 meals and about 3 snacks for these days.. here is what I have so far as options

MEALS
low carb wraps with lunchmeat and cheese
egg salad
tuna salad

Snacks
protein shake with nuts
cheese and pepperoni
mixed nuts
Jerky
pork rinds

a sample outline for a days eating would be

wake up - big egg breakfeast
during first class - snack on some nut
break- eat some tuna salad
during second class - some more nuts
after class - egg salad
before fighting - some pepperoni and cheese
after fighting - a protein shake and some peanut butter
come home - and eat last meal

please help me think of some more ideas for food so I dont go insane from eating the same things everyday

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
First, invest in a "Thermo bag" that can keep your food cold or hot longer. I'm going to bed soon but I'll throw some ideas tomorrow.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was thinking of throwing a cooler in my trunk to keep food cold.. didnt realize i could keep food warm.. any more info on these warming bags? cant wait for ur suggestions aswell I have been off keto for a couple days now and just been eating sensibley, i cant wait to get back on

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
lol you should bring some raw fish with you, like real fish steaks not tuna!!!

Eats it raw and wriggling just like Golem.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
http://www.koldtogo.com/images/87CClipStrip25LiterInsulatedBag.jpg Like this

1. Whipped cream, you whip up some cream, you can fold in protein mix for added protein or sugar free jello for flavoring alone. You throw that in the freezer over night into a ziplock back or another container. If you have an insulated bag, you an keep it cold for a while.

2. If you go on google type in "Low carb soup cream of" you'll get alot of hits, you can make the soup, heat it up before going to school, put the soup in a thermos, have hot soup for a few hours. High fat, low carb, whatever protein content you like with the chicken.

3. If you make up some steak before you get to school, put it in a small container, then in an insulated bag, you can keep the steak or meat hotter longer. How long it stays hot depends on the size of the bag and how many times you open it and close it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.koldtogo.com/images/87CClipStrip25LiterInsulatedBag.jpg Like this

1. Whipped cream, you whip up some cream, you can fold in protein mix for added protein or sugar free jello for flavoring alone. You throw that in the freezer over night into a ziplock back or another container. If you have an insulated bag, you an keep it cold for a while.

2. If you go on google type in "Low carb soup cream of" you'll get alot of hits, you can make the soup, heat it up before going to school, put the soup in a thermos, have hot soup for a few hours. High fat, low carb, whatever protein content you like with the chicken.

3. If you make up some steak before you get to school, put it in a small container, then in an insulated bag, you can keep the steak or meat hotter longer. How long it stays hot depends on the size of the bag and how many times you open it and close it.
thanks I forgot to mention I am allergic to cassein (or something in milk) so I can't have milk products as I break out in hives and get acid reflux pretty bad, oddly enough though my body is fine with whey. But thanks for the bag idea I didnt know they made them, Ima try it out and experiment and see how long it keeps my meat warm, just throw in some buger patties and if I eat it for my first meal right after class it should be still warm.. thanks for the tip

Tuna with enova or olive oil on top.
I had tried this before.. mayo is so much better tasting to me.. thanks but I am looking for more of a variety as I already eat a deathly amount of tuna already (and probably already have mercury poisoning)

chicken w/ pesto

easy and awesome
dont kno about the pesto sauce but now I am about to buy my niffty baggies to keep food warm I difenetly will be trying chicken in one to see how warm it keeps compared to red meat

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Don't be afraid to eat your meals cold. I do this VERY often.. and have actually grown quite fond of it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any more tips???

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
trashydiva24

trashydiva24

Awards
ahh can't believe I forgot about jerky! Dont kno about as a meal but def a snack

Make sure to take a look at the sugar content... it is crazy and not on my CKD menu! I use nuts &/or peanut butter and a lot of ISOPURE for snacks.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Cook up a piss load of pork loin and take it with you in tupperware containers...

seriously, you can get it for 1.99/lb at costco.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure to take a look at the sugar content... it is crazy and not on my CKD menu! I use nuts &/or peanut butter and a lot of ISOPURE for snacks.
jerky has sugar?? seriously?? I would have never guessed that just imagined it to have a ton of sodium.. eh I guess thats off the list...

any more ideas guys?? alo please remember this isnt just for meal suggestions this is for something I can eat cold and on the go

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
jerky has sugar?? seriously?? I would have never guessed that just imagined it to have a ton of sodium.. eh I guess thats off the list...

any more ideas guys?? alo please remember this isnt just for meal suggestions this is for something I can eat cold and on the go
Only some jerky's have sugar in them..

you can find them without, fairly easily.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Pork Rinds, fried pork skins.

You can make your own jerky if you feel up to it. Not all jerky has high sugar, a few brands do however.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pork Rinds, fried pork skins.

You can make your own jerky if you feel up to it. Not all jerky has high sugar, a few brands do however.

good stuff there.. never thought of that I just rule all chips out but I guess they arent really chips.. good CKD munchy snack there!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I'd really like to find a wholesale site so I can buy massive amounts of pork rinds and cheese.