Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Kenpo vs BPS Elimistane

Yesterday was a short workout due to company visiting. Thanksgiving day and all this weekend we've had 10 to 20 family members at my house the entire time. Weight Lifted9065 lbs Barbell Bench Press 222 Set 1 : 185x3 Set 2 : 185x6 Set 3 : 185x6 Set 4 : 185x6 Set 5 : 185x6 Set 6 : 185x5 Set 7 : 185x4 Set 8 : 185x4 Set 9 : 185x5 Set 10 : 185x4 DQ "Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street."

Nice benching, man! Hard to get in a good workout with all that going on!
 
Short workout but obviously intense. Great pressing man! Enjoy the time with the family!
 
Strength Testing Sunday so....

Weight Lifted5625 lbs

Weighted Pull Ups 245
Set 1 : 210x5

Barbell Rear Delt Row 198.33
Set 1 : 170x5 felt good

Barbell Deadlift 332.5
Set 1 : 285x5 more in the tank

Barbell Bench Press 227.5
Set 1 : 195x5 I think 200 next time

Barbell Standing Military Press 116.67
Set 1 : 100x5 about right

Barbell Squat 192.5
Set 1 : 165x5 more in the tank

DQ Holidays are for giving not receiving.
 
Strength Testing Sunday so....

Weight Lifted5625 lbs

Weighted Pull Ups 245
Set 1 : 210x5

Barbell Rear Delt Row 198.33
Set 1 : 170x5 felt good

Barbell Deadlift 332.5
Set 1 : 285x5 more in the tank

Barbell Bench Press 227.5
Set 1 : 195x5 I think 200 next time

Barbell Standing Military Press 116.67
Set 1 : 100x5 about right

Barbell Squat 192.5
Set 1 : 165x5 more in the tank

DQ Holidays are for giving not receiving.

how does that compare with the last time?
 
how does that compare with the last time?
Not sure BigT as I've never tested them before. I'm getting ready to pick a new lifting program and needed to test strength maxes. I've been using an iPhone app called Multi-Year Weightlifting. This app has almost every program you can imagine and uses these tests to help you choose a program.
 
Not sure BigT as I've never tested them before. I'm getting ready to pick a new lifting program and needed to test strength maxes. I've been using an iPhone app called Multi-Year Weightlifting. This app has almost every program you can imagine and uses these tests to help you choose a program.

what's an app? lol, i just write stuff down, just call me fred-as in flintstone, lol.

i hope you see some nice progress!!!
 
what's an app? lol, i just write stuff down, just call me fred-as in flintstone, lol.

i hope you see some nice progress!!!

Same here.. i print out my sheets through them in a small binder and record everything with a pen...
 
what's an app? lol, i just write stuff down, just call me fred-as in flintstone, lol. i hope you see some nice progress!!!
Fred and Barney! Lol. Don't you know that apps give you more gains?! Lol!!!
 
Fred and Barney! Lol. Don't you know that apps give you more gains?! Lol!!!

lol...gains, i am just trying to maintain!!! arthritis is getting worse and years of alcoholic drinking are catching up with me, lol....happy to see you have taken better care of yourself over the years....

if i knew i would live this long i would have taken better care of myself, lol.
 
Yep, I write mine down in a notebook as well. Programming is done in advance and daily workouts are put on the whiteboard in the gym.
 
Nice! I'll have to check out that program. I don't test my maxes much either, I find I get stronger through sub-maximal training. That's why I love 5/3/1 so much :)
 
Strength Testing Sunday so.... Weight Lifted5625 lbs Weighted Pull Ups 245 Set 1 : 210x5 Barbell Rear Delt Row 198.33 Set 1 : 170x5 felt good Barbell Deadlift 332.5 Set 1 : 285x5 more in the tank Barbell Bench Press 227.5 Set 1 : 195x5 I think 200 next time Barbell Standing Military Press 116.67 Set 1 : 100x5 about right Barbell Squat 192.5 Set 1 : 165x5 more in the tank DQ Holidays are for giving not receiving.

Nice numbers kenpo
 
I'm in the gym so often, I don't have to write anything down. I know where all my lifts are and which one's need more attention.
 
Dinosaurs! LMAO! I'm a nerd engineer and absolutely love the advantages of using logging applications on my iPhone. Also like that I can plan out my next lifting session. To each his own though. Beerchug.
 
Been eating maintenance plus 200, had a 35 1/4 inch waist and weighed in at 160 at the beginning of this log. This morning the waist is 34 and weight is 155! Elimistane!
 
Yesterday was a forced rest day.

Chest dips leaning forward and kissing the front bar! Lol. Since I lost 5 lbs in BW I added 5 lbs to the dip belt (total 95 lbs)! The last sets killed me.

Weight Lifted15250 lbs
Chest Dip 308.33
Set 1 : 250x7
Set 2 : 250x7
Set 3 : 250x7
Set 4 : 250x7
Set 5 : 250x6
Set 6 : 250x5
Set 7 : 250x6
Set 8 : 250x6
Set 9 : 250x5
Set 10 : 250x5

DQ " A goal properly set is halfway reached."
 
Been eating maintenance plus 200, had a 35 1/4 inch waist and weighed in at 160 at the beginning of this log. This morning the waist is 34 and weight is 155! Elimistane!

200 cals over maintenance and you are dropping weight and lost 1/4 inch on waist....wow!!!!
 
200 cals over maintenance and you are dropping weight and lost 1/4 inch on waist....wow!!!!
Agree but lost 1 and 1/4 inches on waist-even better. I'm telling you this is a serious "cutting" compound.
 
As I mentioned before, I'm new to free weight squats. Prior to this I used a Smith machine that forced me to do more of a "hack squat". Free weight squats are a whole different feeling!

So, new record for me!!

Weight Lifted13500 lbs
Barbell Squat 180
Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 135x10
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 135x10
Set 6 : 135x10
Set 7 : 135x10
Set 8 : 135x10
Set 9 : 135x10
Set 10 : 135x10

DQ Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
 
As I mentioned before, I'm new to free weight squats. Prior to this I used a Smith machine that forced me to do more of a "hack squat". Free weight squats are a whole different feeling!

So, new record for me!!

Weight Lifted13500 lbs
Barbell Squat 180
Set 1 : 135x10
Set 2 : 135x10
Set 3 : 135x10
Set 4 : 135x10
Set 5 : 135x10
Set 6 : 135x10
Set 7 : 135x10
Set 8 : 135x10
Set 9 : 135x10
Set 10 : 135x10

DQ Simplicity is the key to brilliance.

Your quote fits your workout. Simple, yet ass kicking! 10x10 is definitely no joke!! Try 5x25 next time. You may have to drop a little weight.
 
Your quote fits your workout. Simple, yet ass kicking! 10x10 is definitely no joke!! Try 5x25 next time. You may have to drop a little weight.
That 5x25 would be killer! Lol
 
JeFit issues...

New Logging app

OverHead Press
Mass Reps Tempo Rest
100lb. 4 3210 180s
95lb. 7 3210 180s
95lb. 5 3210 180s
95lb. 5 3210 180s
95lb. 6 3210 180s
95lb. 4 3210 180s
95lb. 5 3210 180s
95lb. 5 3210 180s
95lb. 4 3210 180s
95lb. 5 3210 180s
BW 157.5 lb.
BF 15.0%
Date 2014-12-04
 
Sweet!! Nice pressing. That's a lot of volume on them delts man! Always putting out 110%, always!!
 
No machine here! Just a man! Lol

Argh. JeFit! Now I have to login from Safari instead of hitting the login button on the Sync page. Progress! Lol

DQ As we get older we realize it's not about having many friends it's about having a real friend.

Decline Crunch 20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep 1 notch decline
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 20 Lap/Rep 2 notches
Set 4 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 5 : 20 Lap/Rep 3 etc
Set 6 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 7 : 15 Lap/Rep
Set 8 : 15 Lap/Rep
Set 9 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 10 : 12 Lap/Rep
Set 11 : 10 Lap/Rep
Set 12 : 10 Lap/Rep
Set 13 : 10 Lap/Rep
Set 14 : 10 Lap/Rep
Set 15 : 9 Lap/Rep Vertical here
Set 16 : 9 Lap/Rep

Barbell Ab Rollout on Knees 20
Set 1 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 2 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 3 : 20 Lap/Rep
Set 4 : 20 Lap/Rep
Add Workout Logs
 
Due to Elimistane's cutting effect I've had to add calories to maintain weight.

DQ Remember that stress doesn't come from what's going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what's going on in your life.

Weight Lifted10915 lbs
Barbell Bench Press 228.17
Set 1 : 185x7
Set 2 : 185x7
Set 3 : 185x6
Set 4 : 185x5
Set 5 : 185x6
Set 6 : 185x6
Set 7 : 185x6
Set 8 : 185x6
Set 9 : 185x5
Set 10 : 185x5
 
Did whatever I wanted today! Fun day!

DQ Your persistence is your measure of faith in yourself.

Weight Lifted14255 lbs
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press 186
Set 1 : 155x6
Set 2 : 155x6
Set 3 : 155x5
Set 4 : 155x6
Set 5 : 155x6
Set 6 : 155x6
Set 7 : 155x5
Set 8 : 155x6
Set 9 : 155x5
Set 10 : 155x6
EZ Bar Curl 93.33
Set 1 : 70x10
Set 2 : 70x10
Set 3 : 70x10
Set 4 : 70x10
Set 5 : 70x10
Barbell Close Grip Preacher Curl 101.33
Set 1 : 80x8
Set 2 : 80x8
Set 3 : 80x8
 
A few more days left for Elimistane. I still plan on getting bloodwork done and will post it up here. Stay tuned.
 
Back
Top