Justhere4comm's Crossing The Finish Line (Post Workout) Log

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
For those of you sipping on the finish line, do you concern yourself with the creatine converting over to creatinine and not getting the benefit from it?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
For those of you sipping on the finish line, do you concern yourself with the creatine converting over to creatinine and not getting the benefit from it?
creatine should be broken down at the same consistent rate, but I believe that depends on the particular muscle group. But because this is C hcl, the absorption rate is better. If this was a single c mono, I think your point would be very valid.

still is a good question

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
creatine should be broken down at the same consistent rate, but I believe that depends on the particular muscle group. But because this is C hcl, the absorption rate is better. If this was a single c mono, I think your point would be very valid.

still is a good question
I was thinking more about the time it spends in liquid. Isn't it unstable in liquid and degrades fairly quick? I could be wrong, though

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I was thinking more about the time it spends in liquid. Isn't it unstable in liquid and degrades fairly quick? I could be wrong, though
oh ok, I got it-
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080578/

Stability in solutions
As shown in Fig. 4, in contrast to its stability in a solid state, creatine is not stable in aqueous solution due to an intramolecular cyclization (Howard and Harris 1999). The rate of creatine degradation in solution is not dependent on its concentration, but on pH. Generally, the lower the pH and higher the temperature, the faster is the degradation. This solid-state and degradation properties have been thoroughly investigated as early as the 1920s (Edgar and Shiver 1925; Cannon et al. 1990) and more recently by Dash et al. (2002), as well as Harris et al. (Howard and Harris 1999). These researchers found that whereas creatine was relatively stable in solution at neutral pH (7.5 or 6.5), a lowering of pH resulted in an increased rate of degradation and after only 3 days of storage at 25°C creatine degraded significantly: 4% at pH 5.5; 12% at pH 4.5; and 21% at pH 3.5 (see Fig. 5). Similarly, Ganguly et al. (2003) reported that creatine monohydrate stored at room temperature degraded into creatinine within several days but that refrigerating creatine monohydrate in solution slowed degradation. The rapid degradation of creatine in solution precludes the manufacture of shelf-stable standard acidic beverages containing efficacious amounts of the ingredient. If creatine is not consumed immediately after it has been dissolved in water, it should be stored at a low temperature to retard the degradation.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
oh ok, I got it-
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3080578/

Stability in solutions
As shown in Fig. 4, in contrast to its stability in a solid state, creatine is not stable in aqueous solution due to an intramolecular cyclization (Howard and Harris 1999). The rate of creatine degradation in solution is not dependent on its concentration, but on pH. Generally, the lower the pH and higher the temperature, the faster is the degradation. This solid-state and degradation properties have been thoroughly investigated as early as the 1920s (Edgar and Shiver 1925; Cannon et al. 1990) and more recently by Dash et al. (2002), as well as Harris et al. (Howard and Harris 1999). These researchers found that whereas creatine was relatively stable in solution at neutral pH (7.5 or 6.5), a lowering of pH resulted in an increased rate of degradation and after only 3 days of storage at 25°C creatine degraded significantly: 4% at pH 5.5; 12% at pH 4.5; and 21% at pH 3.5 (see Fig. 5). Similarly, Ganguly et al. (2003) reported that creatine monohydrate stored at room temperature degraded into creatinine within several days but that refrigerating creatine monohydrate in solution slowed degradation. The rapid degradation of creatine in solution precludes the manufacture of shelf-stable standard acidic beverages containing efficacious amounts of the ingredient. If creatine is not consumed immediately after it has been dissolved in water, it should be stored at a low temperature to retard the degradation.
Creatine renders itself almost completely inactive in as little as an hour in solution. Ill see if I can find the paper when I get time.

Sometimes as fast as 15 minutes I read also.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Creatine renders itself almost completely inactive in as little as an hour in solution. Ill see if I can find the paper when I get time.

Sometimes as fast as 15 minutes I read also.
That's what I was thinking. That's why I asked

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm. Yeah I remember hearing that but in this respect the amount of time it takes me to drink finish line is like under 10 minutes so I don't think it's an issue but good point for sure

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day Off. Resting up.
Will be dosing Finish Line (am)

Low Cal Day.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it might be a feminine hygiene product. The new "Light Day" pad.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest / Arms

Pre workout
Coffee
PowerMax XT
Follidrone 2.0 x 2 caps
Incinderine
Exotherm
Finish Line (Peri)

Chest / Arms
Start time 5:45a

Flat Bench
120 x 25
170 x 8, 2, 2
190 x 6, 2, 2

Incline Press
120 x 15
120 x 10, 2, 2
120 x 10, 2, 2

Dumbbell Flies
30 x 8
25 x 8 x 2

Dips
2 (Failure)

Barbell Curls
60 x 10, 2
60 x 08, 2

Standing Dumbbell Curls
25 x 20
30 x 08
35 x 06

Tricep Pushdown
50 x 20
100 x 8

Preacher Curl
40 x 15
25 x 10

Stop time 6:45a

Post Workout
Finish Line
Joint Support
Some high glycemic carbs
Whey Protein
and the usual Suppspects

Some notes:

*This is in regard to Finish Line. I am working at pre-exhausting some first sets, and it's bringing some of the volume down in perception, but in reality I am staying at the same high volume based on the (rest, pause) being so short, and weights are increased in many of the sets.

I do believe it is the inclusion of Finish Line which is contributing to my ability to do this, but I cannot discount the impact Follidrone 2.0 is having on my routine in and out of the gym.

Breakfast
Whey Protein Hydro Isolate
Continue drinking Finish Line (1 scoop in a 1 liter bottle of water)

Lunch
2 cans of Tuna with a cup of rice, butter and hot sauce. I call it Tuna suprese.

With a half Sweet Potato
Garnished with sugar free brown sugar.

Dinner
- - ? - -

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Dinner
16oz Chicken breast
1 cup protein pasta
1 cup chopped bacon
Carbonara sauce

Edit: I just realized that's quite a bit of carbs and calories lol.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dinner
16oz Chicken breast
1 cup protein pasta
1 cup chopped bacon
Carbonara sauce

Still sounds delicious. Bacon FTW

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Dinner
16oz Chicken breast
1 cup protein pasta
1 cup chopped bacon
Carbonara sauce

Fattie...LOL

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I like being a fattie. I find it refreshing and freeing...lol

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
All I know is you bunch of younger lean mamby tambies are pissing me off. If any of you are fat, then Im morbidly obese and I can't handle that type of depression or self rejection
No man....big boneded....

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
All I know is you bunch of younger lean mamby tambies are pissing me off. If any of you are fat, then Im morbidly obese and I can't handle that type of depression or self rejection
Plus, I am right behind you age-wise. We are old...we're allowed to be

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which has been scientifically proven to burn calories
That means you go from obese to just fat? Or does it not work like that?

I had my bmi tested the other day at work and apparently I'm overweight lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was reading. Chewing burns calories. I'm really good at that!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Love you too buttercup

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
BMI is a bunch of bull shyt, especially for the athletically built. Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis would have been considered obese according to BMI. I have seen FireTitan and I would not consider you obese whatsoever

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BMI is a bunch of bull shyt, especially for the athletically built. Former heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis would have been considered obese according to BMI. I have seen FireTitan and I would not consider you obese whatsoever
I appreciate it. And lennox was and is a BEAST

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Legs Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- Vitargo
- Powermax XT
- Follidrone 2.0 (1 cap)
- Incinderine
- Exotherm 1.5 pumps

Legs
Achilles on left leg is acting up a little.

Start time 3:40a (no rest)

Leg Press **(lw = low wide, mw = medium wide, hw = high wide)
1x20 @ 160 lw
1x10 @ 175 lw
1x10 @ 220 lw
1x10 @ 235 mw
1x10 @ 250 mw
1x10 @ 220 hw

Hamstring Curls ss*
1x10 @ 165
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 145

Leg Extensions ss*
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 130
1x10 @ 130

Hack Squat
2 x 6x45's x 10 hw

Lunges (body weight, length of gym)
2x

Calf Press on Hack Squat
3 sets of 15 @ 4-45's

Stop time 4:20

Post Workout
- Whey Protein
- Finish Line
- Invictus .5 ml

Notes:

I purposefully left my Finish Line out of this routine. One doesn't realize the contribution of any supplement until it is removed from the equation. Let me tell you all right now, I felt the difference.

The time between sets increased, not by much, but instead of keeping a faster pace, I took my time moving between groups. I feel that Finish Line as an additional Pre / Intra / and Post offers up it's profile to benefit the most. The beta alanine would be wasted if only used as an intra. The effects can be felt quickly after ingestion so I wouldn't feel the need to take this 30-60 minutes prior to workout.

Tomorrow (Shoulders / Back) and will be using it as a Pre / Intra / and Post.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Legs Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- Vitargo
- Powermax XT
- Follidrone 2.0 (1 cap)
- Incinderine
- Exotherm 1.5 pumps

Legs
Achilles on left leg is acting up a little.

Start time 3:40a (no rest)

Leg Press **(lw = low wide, mw = medium wide, hw = high wide)
1x20 @ 160 lw
1x10 @ 175 lw
1x10 @ 220 lw
1x10 @ 235 mw
1x10 @ 250 mw
1x10 @ 220 hw

Hamstring Curls ss*
1x10 @ 165
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 145

Leg Extensions ss*
1x10 @ 145
1x10 @ 130
1x10 @ 130

Hack Squat
2 x 6x45's x 10 hw

Lunges (body weight, length of gym)
2x

Calf Press on Hack Squat
3 sets of 15 @ 4-45's

Stop time 4:20

Post Workout
- Whey Protein
- Finish Line
- Invictus .5 ml

Notes:

I purposefully left my Finish Line out of this routine. One doesn't realize the contribution of any supplement until it is removed from the equation. Let me tell you all right now, I felt the difference.

The time between sets increased, not by much, but instead of keeping a faster pace, I took my time moving between groups. I feel that Finish Line as an additional Pre / Intra / and Post offers up it's profile to benefit the most. The beta alanine would be wasted if only used as an intra. The effects can be felt quickly after ingestion so I wouldn't feel the need to take this 30-60 minutes prior to workout.

Tomorrow (Shoulders / Back) and will be using it as a Pre / Intra / and Post.
Leaving it out? Smart move man!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Moving forward, instead of posting my entire w/o here, I'm going to post my notes as they relate to Finish Line.
My workout can be found in either of these two places moving forward. 6 week fat loss challenge or Justhere4comm's 6-8 week cut

Notes:
Instead of going without Finish Line today, I utilized this additionally to my Pre (Powermax XT), Intra, and Post Workout.
It was made fairly clear, this supplement has it’s place as an Intra, and PWO.

In this case however, one must compare the volume of exercises to the prior without Finish Line. Realizing however there are other factors involved in the outcome of a workout, such as the prior day's caloric intake (quality) and quantity, rest, etc. I think I can also conclude the contribution to my current day's workout was aided by consuming Finish Line through my routine.

Concluding, if I were to end this trial here and now, it should be clear to all those reading, this is not a placebo effect, and the benefits as they relate to BCAAs are well researched as are the other ingredients in this Intra/Post Workout Supplement. I highly recommend you give this a try. I'm almost finished with this tub, and couldn't be more pleased with the quality, and it's so bloody delicious!!! I want to try all of their other flavors.

Back / Shoulder Pre workout routine
- Coffee
- 1 cup oatmeal
- Powermax XT
- Follidrone 2.0
- Incinderine
- Exotherm 1.5 pumps
- and of course the usual suppsepects
- 1/3 of 1/2 Liter of Finish Line

"Staying Alive" Beegees

Back / Shoulders (Rest Pause x @ x, x, x)
Start 3:45a

Military Press
175 x 5, 2, 2
160 x 5, 2, 2
145 x 5, 2, 2

T-bar Rows
100 x 12
115 x 8, 2, 2
115 x 8, 2, 2

Lateral Raises ss*
2 x 20 x 12

1/3 of 1/2 Liter of Finish Line

Shrugs ss*
2 x 45's x 15

Close-Grip Seated Row ss**
1 x 90 x 15
1 x 110 x 8, 2, 2
1 x 120 x 5, 2, 2

Pull-Up ss**
3 sets to failure

Smith Machine Upright Rows
2 x 80 x 15

Side lateral pulley
1 x 20 x 15
1 x 20 x 12
1 x 20 x 10

Face Pulls
1 x 40 x 12
1 x 30 x 12

Stop 4:45a
Finish the last 1/3rd of 1/2 Liter Finish Line

Notes:

Post Workout
- Whey Protein Hydro Isolate
- 1/2 Banana (Ran out, so went halfsies with my love)
- Invictus .5 ml

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Chest / Arms

Pre workout
No Coffee today
PowerMax XT and OL Conqu3r (tastes like sh!t)
Oatmeal 1/2 cup
Follidrone 2.0 x 2 caps
Incinderine
Exotherm
Finish Line (Peri)

Chest / Arms
Start time 2:35a

Flat Bench
135 x 30.5 (personal best)
135 x 20
135 x 15, 2, 2

Incline Dumbbells Press
40's x 15
45's x 15
50's x 8

Dumbbell Flies
40's x 10 x 2

Dips
2 (Failure)

Barbell Curls
60 x 10
60 x 10

Standing Dumbbell Curls
30 x 08
35 x 06
25 x 10

Tricep Pushdown
110 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 10

Preacher Curl
40 x 12
25 x 10

Stop time 3:30a

Post Workout
Finish Line
Joint Support
Some high glycemic carbs
and the usual Suppspects

Some notes:
Holy <insert expletive here> I fried myself during chest but I managed to push through the rest of the routine. Increased weights on arms, but the shear reps from my chest took a lot out of me.

I was sweating more than ever during this routine. Probably the reps plus the exotherm. A little shaky at the end of my workout, but thankfully Finish Line helped to dismay this from going much further.

Breakfast
Coffee! Oh how I love thee, let me count the shots...
Whey Protein Hydro Isolate
4 hard boiled eggs

Lunch
1/2 cup pasta with red sauce and a can of tuna

Dinner
This is always a surprise for me

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Final Review for Finish Line from IForce Nutrition

@ManimalPatB NurseGray TrainerTone cobri66 criticalbench sparks2012

Thank you for the opportunity to try this amazing supplement!

final finish line.jpg

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Excellent review!!!!

Very Cherry Lime is my favorite flavor of Finish Line. I am glad you loved the product and it worked for you!!!!

Thank you!!!!!