Just started TRT. Have a few questions.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So doc put me on 100mg Test gel per day for 90 days as a test batch and then we will check levels after the period.

I under stand that this varies person to person but I’m curious at approx what amount of boost will I see on my blood work after the 90 days. So for example my levels WERE about 200 before. What approx would they be at with this? Again I acknowledge it’s hard to guess since a persons size etc will influence that.

I’m also curious what sort of things I can expect in addition to the test boost. Like should I anticipate and increase in estrogen etc?

Any anecdotal experience from folks on similar dosages would be great thanks.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is almost NO WAY to answer this. Unfortunately, this is like asking, "How much weight will I lose with these diet pills?"

If you were using inj test C or E we could give you a range based on personal and published lab work. My advice is to pull up the studies they did to get the test gel approved by the FDA and find the results in there.

I would personally rec. just getting the shots as you will end up there anyway IMO. I have been on TRT for 10+ years and have never used cream.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is almost NO WAY to answer this. Unfortunately, this is like asking, "How much weight will I lose with these diet pills?"

If you were using inj test C or E we could give you a range based on personal and published lab work. My advice is to pull up the studies they did to get the test gel approved by the FDA and find the results in there.

I would personally rec. just getting the shots as you will end up there anyway IMO. I have been on TRT for 10+ years and have never used cream.
I thought it was weird that the doc put me on the gel too I even asked about the injections

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought it was weird that the doc put me on the gel too I even asked about the injections
Well in that case maybe you break out in a rash............as some do on cream.............thus requiring inj. Just saying lol. Now, this would not be a good idea if your dr. is going to require you to come in for the shots.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100 sounds a bit low. you might intentionally have your test low on the next bloods?
That’s what I’m curious about. I’m wondering what approx NG/DL increase people see. So say for example the average person person sees about 400 NG/DL in their bloods increased. Or what have you. Obviously it’s a bit of a game we are playing to be on the high side of the natural scale. I’d like to be hovering around 900 or so if I could by the time it’s all ironed out.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s what I’m curious about. I’m wondering what approx NG/DL increase people see. So say for example the average person person sees about 400 NG/DL in their bloods increased. Or what have you. Obviously it’s a bit of a game we are playing to be on the high side of the natural scale. I’d like to be hovering around 900 or so if I could by the time it’s all ironed out.
I understood what you are asking but with the cream, a product notorious for HUGE interpersonal variability due to the nature of TD's, it is almost impossible. For about 100 bucks where I live, it may not be an option where you live, I can walk into a lab place anytime I want and test my total test. If you really need to know that is not a huge price to pay for a definitive answer. Your levels are also going to change over the course of the day depending on when you test vs when you applied the cream.........once again rough estimates are going to be available in the published studies using the cream.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dr’s get kickbacks for pushing certain meds. I’m sure this was prob the case with you. I was first prescribed androgel about 9 years ago. I stayed on it for about 8 months, then went to injections.

Don’t be afraid to Dr shop. It will take a while to find a Dr who truly understands TRT and is up on the latest protocols.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You pay the Dr. he works for you, tell him you want to go IM !!

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well in that case maybe you break out in a rash............as some do on cream.............thus requiring inj. Just saying lol. Now, this would not be a good idea if your dr. is going to require you to come in for the shots.
Cream and Gel is 2 different things, I used both and Test Cream is way better than Test Gel.

Op states he have gel.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cream and Gel is 2 different things, I used both and Test Cream is way better than Test Gel.

Op states he have gel.
I think he was suggesting using a rash as a viable excuse to get the doctor to switch. Which is a fine strategy.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think he was suggesting using a rash as a viable excuse to get the doctor to switch. Which is a fine strategy.
Maybe I quoted the wrong post but I thought he confused gel with the cream, cream is a lot better than gel, injectable is better of course but if that’s not available I would try to switch the gel to cream.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So follow up as the 90 day supply is coming to an end.

I have scheduled an appointment to discuss with the doctor about switching to the injections. I also asked about possibly upping the dose. But since the injections are more effective then I may not need to increase. I haven’t had blood done since being on yet. I HAVE noticed nipple sensitivity and slight lumps behind them. So obviously I have to discuss the doctor prescribing me some sort of estrogen blocker if they even do that. If not I’ll order some myself since it’s not crazy expensive.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I have scheduled an appointment to discuss with the doctor about switching to the injections. I also asked about possibly upping the dose. But since the injections are more effective then I may not need to increase. I haven’t had blood done since being on yet. I HAVE noticed nipple sensitivity and slight lumps behind them. So obviously I have to discuss the doctor prescribing me some sort of estrogen blocker if they even do that. If not I’ll order some myself since it’s not crazy expensive.
Sounds like a good plan I switched from patches to IM and would never go back !!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I would get your levels checked and try to dial your dose in so you don't need an AI. AI's have NEVER been studied long-term ie lifetime usage in males and IMO you should attempt everything before committing to another med for life. It's trt and OTC options would be my choice before resorting to RC chems possibly for life.

Wagz86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would get your levels checked and try to dial your dose in so you don't need an AI. AI's have NEVER been studied long-term ie lifetime usage in males and IMO you should attempt everything before committing to another med for life. It's trt and OTC options would be my choice before resorting to RC chems possibly for life.
Good advice and I agree I’d rather not have another med. I did not know they had OTC options so that’s great. If you any suggestions I can get that would be awesome.

Side note. I’m on two packets of the gel at 50mg each. I’m curious what you guys think is best. Usually I put both packets on after I shower in the morning after the gym. But I’m wondering if spreading them out would be better like another packet say before bed.

Last edited: