Junk or the truth...

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What supplements are the truth or just plain garbage? Glutamine, bcaas, zma, etc

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think everything's garbage. Articles, supplements, training routines, special diets, etc. "oh if you hold the barbell at this angle you'll explode your muscles into amazing new gains!" Blah blah how many articles can they write repeating the same things over and over using a photo of a guy on 3 grams of anabolic steroids and other drugs. It's getting really really old

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That is the industry in general. Someone else's new exercise was something people have been doing forever now. "New exercise you are not doing" turns out to be an old exercise that was forgotten about. How many times has the damn turkish getup been thrown into some bs new exercise article? Just do the **** that works and work hard at it. Flip your hands around for different angles. Problem solved. Haha

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Actually more supplements work than you would think...

Its just that about 99% of people who take supplements do not diet properly and do not workout properly and instead of admitting this they like to say that the supplement industry is snake oil, fraud, etc etc..

^ referring to companies that have legit science behind their ingredients.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think that supplements provide such a small amount of assistance in the larger picture that people overlook thier pourpose. Proper diet and training are key. Supplements are the icing on the cake. That 5% edga that will really make a difference if everything else is already optimal. Thing is most people cant diet and train properly and optimally. In that scenario you could take everything under the sun and still hardly benefit.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Trash-drol.

Way better than Garbage-var.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually more supplements work than you would think...

Its just that about 99% of people who take supplements do not diet properly and do not workout properly and instead of admitting this they like to say that the supplement industry is snake oil, fraud, etc etc..

^ referring to companies that have legit science behind their ingredients.
Nothing works if you don't.

There's a reason studies with diet control and rigorous exercise show better results in placebo groups than most people here are getting with their poorly adhered to diet and exercise program.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Nothing works if you don't.

There's a reason studies with diet control and rigorous exercise show better results in placebo groups than most people here are getting with their poorly adhered to diet and exercise program.
Test and Dbol still work even if your diet is ****. They may not work as well but still work

However epichatechin and every other natural anabolic will do nothing unless your diet, training, and sleep is on point

My point is that once in a while you see a post on the forums someone makes claiming that natural anabolics are bunk but I 100% guarantee you that 9/10 people who say that do not have proper diet, sleep, and training. The non-responder thing is blown out of proportion. The whole "well everyone's body is different" is exaggerated.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Test and Dbol still work even if your diet is ****. They may not work as well but still work

However epichatechin and every other natural anabolic will do nothing unless your diet, training, and sleep is on point

My point is that once in a while you see a post on the forums someone makes claiming that natural anabolics are bunk but I 100% guarantee you that 9/10 people who say that do not have proper diet, sleep, and training. The non-responder thing is blown out of proportion. The whole "well everyone's body is different" is exaggerated.
Well to be honest, I think some of these claims happen for a reason.

1) People stack too much. They think 5 natural anabolics will compare to steroids or something, which is far from the truth.
2) Sponsored log claims are overhyped, so when people do not get the same results they are disappointed and frustrated.
3) The difference is so small/barely noticeable depending on their style of training to the point where it may not be bunk, but definitely not worth the money.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree. ArA is a solid product if you are doing everything to ensure that it SUPPLEMENTS your diet and training and rest. If you are the average gym-goer tha t is going to say you go, you won't notice sh*t.

I will say that back in the day supplements like glutamine were way over-hyped with what it really does.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Then again, how can you prove its the supplement that's working and not just the diet, training, and sleep?

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
By and large most people, most of the time, are underachievers.

We tend to overestimate the effort we put into things, and underestimate our untapped potential.

I certainly do not consider the subjects results in Wilsons studies "impossible!!1!"

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Then again, how can you prove its the supplement that's working and not just the diet, training, and sleep?

I would have to assume that the person has had the aforementioned in check for a substantial amount of time prior to taking a given supplement in order to feel the difference in progress rate (with vs without supplement)

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would have to assume that the person has had the aforementioned in check for a substantial amount of time prior to taking a given supplement in order to feel the difference in progress rate (with vs without supplement)
I agree but I think there's a strong difference between perception and reality. You'd be surprised at how many ppl think they're training is good enough when in reality it's not even close.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
The supplement industry was built on exaggeration and flat out lies. There are many people in this world who get rich off other's hopes, the supplement industry is a prime example.

Yes there are products out their that "make a difference" and there are studies to prove it. Maybe some people will see benefits, maybe not.

At the end of the day there are few supplements worth their retail prices...fair enough, business is business. It costs a lot to manufacture? Boohoo, doesn't make it worth the sticker price. Others justify "well it's worth it to me". Ok that's fine, no shortage of people with more money than brains in the world.

Your average supplement user is not someone with a perfect diet, training schedule, or sleep schedule. The average supplement user is infact the opposite of these but they have hope...and that is why the $upplement industry only continues to grow.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your average supplement user is not someone with a perfect diet, training schedule, or sleep schedule. The average supplement user is infact the opposite of these but they have hope...and that is why the $upplement industry only continues to grow.
This, this, and this.

T

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think everything's garbage. Articles, supplements, training routines, special diets, etc. "oh if you hold the barbell at this angle you'll explode your muscles into amazing new gains!" Blah blah how many articles can they write repeating the same things over and over using a photo of a guy on 3 grams of anabolic steroids and other drugs. It's getting really really old
That's why I stopped subscribing to BB Mags cause the info was nothing new and it was the same thing
that I already read many times just written by different people.