Jswain's training log for powerlifting

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don’t get in your own head!

Strength is a journey, and the way is winding and fraught with perils and pitfalls, dead ends and tests of will. Anyone who’s ever made it through the initial months of a 5x5 where you can no longer just add weight to the bar knows it’s not really linear.

You cannot change what you’ve done, but every day - right now - you can choose to put your best foot forward. To focus on your rehab, and prehab. To be hydrated and well-fueled. To have a plan of attack for every training session, and to be willing to modify that when life gives you lemons to make the best of what you have.

Remember to train your mind as well. Visualization, self-affirmation, realistic goal-setting all serve to directly promote progress to a greater goal. Believe in yourself!
You’re totally right. Being in pain and having it keep you from the things you want to do, over the time frame of years has it has been for me, definitely starts to weigh negatively on your psyche. I look back on the days at jakked where I just felt so physically prepared going into a session that id walk in the gym knowing I was going to be able to push myself to my physical limits. It just seems like forever ago and it kind of gets ya down, for sure. I definitely need to be better about the way I think about my lower body lifts. Instead of “fuk hopefully nothing goes to **** today”, i need to think “another drop in the bucket & another step towards being the best lifter I can be” or something of the like.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, will be moving into our own apartment on 8/20 (im so excited). With that said...im in need of a bench. I’m really torn between buying a standard flat bench vs an adjustable bench. The adjustables are wayyy more expensive but also offer a ton more versatility.

Rogue (40$ shipping)
Flat utility: 179 (id really want the monster utility but its OOS)
Adjustable: 545 (oos...was in stock yesterday, damnit)

Id kind of like to wait until the safety arms are in stock before I order from rogue due to shipping costs.

Rep (35$ shipping)
Flat: 94$ + 50$ fat pad + 10$ for it being red...only one left in stock
Adjustable: out of stock

Titan:
Everything OOS or backordered.

Edge:
Flat: OOS
Adjustable: 495 w/ 4-6 week shipping time, 120$ shipping lmao.

Soo...after typing that all out i think id be a fool not to go with a Rep flat bench. Id really like an adjustable not only for space efficiency but so the fiancé & I can use it for db work & I can also use it for incline bench but a flat bench with a fat pad shipped for 190$ looks to be impossible to beat. Thatd even leave me room to buy a barbell.

Edit: the fat pad from REP is OOS...but i can make due with a 12” bench for a bit until it comes back in stock.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welp, I didnt wait for any consultations. I didnt want them to sell out again.

Got the REP FB-3000 (their cheapest bench...1000lb weight rating & 12” wide pad) & also a 16x20x24” plyo box for 75$. Will pick up their “wide pad” aka fat pad knock off whenever it comes back in stock. The reviews say that that bench is very sturdy and has a relatively thick pad when compared to other standard benches, so I think it was a great purchase given that price tag.

Edit: Hyde - you might find this link useful.

I’m keeping my eye out for the Fringe safety spotter arms too now. They’re apparently compatible with our yokes based on this link as well as a couple reviews from Fringe’s site.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 4 - Sumo (low recoverability)

WU:
Figure 4 stretch: 2m left leg
5 min treadmill walk w/ band around ankles
RKC Plank: 3x15s
Side plank: 3x8 w/ 10ct hold last rep
Bird dog: 3x8 w/ 10ct last rep
Hip flexor stretch: x30sx2 each leg (first “set” before 3rd round of rkc/side/bd, 2nd before glute bridge)
Glute bridge: x20 w/ 10ct last rep

1. (A1) Pull through: 3x20
Pro light x20
Pro avg x20x2

2. (Main): x3x4 w/ AMRAP w/ x8/@7.5 cap
135/185/225/255x5
285x3
310x3x4 - felt harder than 305 last week for sure
310x8

3. (MSM) Dimels: 3x15 w/ hip halo
135x15x3

4. Calves: 70 rep
Skipped. Going by the way of douche as Swede puts it.

5. Dead bug AMRAP
Vs Mm x32 (16 per side)

Pain free. Decided to cap my AMRAPS at 8 reps or @8 rpe whichever comes first for at least the rest of this mesocycle. I think i was overzealous on thinking I could push an AMRAP to as many reps as I did last microcycle (15). Keeping the governer maxed now on 2 different parameters for this mesocycle.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Smart decisions all around, both training and purchases. I would have told you definitely go flat for a new buy and go Rep or Rogue. I know Rogue’s flat firsthand is great, and Rep has a great...rep lol. Their stuff seems legit.

You have seen the old tank Nautilus adjustable I picked up with patience for $200. It’s $850 new. Save the $650 for other gym goodies and wait for a sale from a gym closing or upgrading, Facebook marketplace, Craigslist.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some BPC 157. I’ve seen some people say orally is just as effective as SubQ for musculoskeletal regeneration/healing, but other places still say orally works best for gut health/healing and SubQ is the only way to go for msk stuff.

Any of you guys have any experience with the oral form? I’m not entirely against the subq route but 1) its cheaper when you take bacteriostatic water & syringes into account & 2) it’ll require zero explanation to the fiancé if I take it orally and that wont be the case if I start injecting it lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thinking about pulling the trigger on some BPC 157. I’ve seen some people say orally is just as effective as SubQ for musculoskeletal regeneration/healing, but other places still say orally works best for gut health/healing and SubQ is the only way to go for msk stuff.

Any of you guys have any experience with the oral form? I’m not entirely against the subq route but 1) its cheaper when you take bacteriostatic water & syringes into account & 2) it’ll require zero explanation to the fiancé if I take it orally and that wont be the case if I start injecting it lol.
Orally is going to subject it to all of your stomach acids. It’s a fragile amino acid peptide sequence. You are educated enough medically to understand the truth of this scenario.

Educate yourself and explain to your fiancé what it is. You want to micro dose it as near to tendons and ligaments as you can. It works for muscles but TB500 is better for that, and TB500 acts systemically to a much greater degree. A combo of both is a safe bet, but BPC is by far the more affordable considering the tiny doses. Just means 1-2 shots a day near your sites that really need love.

You need to get her on board. It’s amino acids, which is why they’re both unpatentable as well as inherently safe to consume for everyone (applied safely).

Orally is basically for severe GI issues.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Orally is going to subject it to all of your stomach acids. It’s a fragile amino acid peptide sequence. You are educated enough medically to understand the truth of this scenario.

Educate yourself and explain to your fiancé what it is. You want to micro dose it as near to tendons and ligaments as you can. It works for muscles but TB500 is better for that, and TB500 acts systemically to a much greater degree. A combo of both is a safe bet, but BPC is by far the more affordable considering the tiny doses. Just means 1-2 shots a day near your sites that really need love.

You need to get her on board. It’s amino acids, which is why they’re both unpatentable as well as inherently safe to consume for everyone (applied safely).

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yah. I considered the fact that the gastric acid would breakdown the peptide but as you know it is produced within the stomach itself and there have been studies showing that it is resistant to being broken down, at least to some degree. There are multiple studies showing efficacy on end targets that are outside of the GI tract, regardless of administration route. End points outside of the GI tract where injection vs oral administration routes were compared have included smooth & striated muscle healing in both the GI tract but also urinary tract, reversal of nsaid induced brain lesions & liver lesions/stress, MCL surgical transection recovery, muscle neuroprotection when exposed to a known neurotoxin.

The mcl study administered it in 3 different methods - topically with a cream, orally in drinking water, & intraperitoneal - and there were no statistical differences in outcomes.

There was a study done in gastroc crush injuries that compared injection vs topical cream applied directly over the site of injury and the results were statistically the same.

This leads me to believe that there is absolutely efficacy outside of the GI tract with oral administration. Whether that requires larger doses or not, i dont know.

Also, ghrelin is a gastric peptide that we know has systemic effects as it reaches the hypothalamus. I just theorize that some of these gastric peptides are more stable to the acidic environment of the stomach than we give them credit for. It wouldn’t make sense to secrete a substance that cant do anything because it is so unstable in the environment that its released in where it can’t actually serve a purpose. Well...unless the byproduct(s) of said substance are what are actually responsible for the desired or observed effects, which in this case doesnt appear to be so at least as far as ive seen.

Im not saying you’re wrong, I just dont think its as clear cut as you made it out to seem. I’ll definitely ponder on my options a little more, though. I honestly dont know which area id target - left hip, right wrist, SI? Also sorry of this is TMI but I also do have chronic “loose stools” and **** at a frequency and with an urgency that I’d consider to be far more than the average person, its been that way for as long as I can remember. So maybe IF I went the oral route that would do me some good on that front too.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Next question of the day - anyone know any coupon codes for noots depot?

Trying to stockpile some NAC, bacopa, & rhodolia.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next question of the day - anyone know any coupon codes for noots depot?

Trying to stockpile some NAC, bacopa, & rhodolia.
I just got their sleep formula. If you sign up for the email they send a 10% off (I believe). I can’t remember how it worked lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just tried to use a “curowhite10” code that was allegedly 10% and it took 1% off...

I already sub to emails so that wont work

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dbl

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Adjustments.JPG

Try this my guy. See if it’ll work?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Double, again. Makes me wanna yeet my phone in the trash can.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nope, thanks for trying though homie.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m3d1

WU:
Monster walks & Lateral shuffles with “medium” band around ankles x3m
Band pull apart: MM x20x3
Band pushdown: micro x20x2
Pallofs: mini x30s x3
Half bird dog: x8x2 w/ 10ct hold last rep

(Last set of PAs & all of Pallofs and bird dogs were done between bench sets)

1. (Main) Floor Press
45x8, 95/135/185/215x5
245x3
270x2x4
[email protected]

2. (MSM) Arnold press
35x10
40x10x2

Ss/

3. Inc bench chest supp db row w/ pause
50x12
52.5x12x2

4/5/6 giant set w/ 60s rest between sets

4. Side raise
20/15 x15x2

5. Spider curl
20x12x2

6. Rd fly
22.5x15x2

Tyga, hyde, anyone with lower back or hip issues I suggest you give this a shot. I will say anyone with minor lower back or hip issues, there surely is a chance of injury exacerbation with this. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDZhPctgs9E/?igshid=1oh24i8kgvcqz

It was extremely humbling for me. When my right leg is the front 90 leg I can get up but when my left is the front not only am I excessively leaning towards the left, most likely indicating deficient IR in the right leg or could be ER in L leg too, but theres zero chance in hell of me standing up from that position. I just have no push out of the front leg.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big oOoOf. I’m in the exact same boat as you. If my left leg is 90 in front of me my torso is shifted and leaning left. Excellent video.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Double

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wasn’t aware of those studies, and they’re encouraging. I will say a couple things: one, many medications are more effective for a given dosage if injected - even orally bioavailable drugs. This could be a consideration when looking at cost, making your mg go further. Two, you will need bac water for any preparation of peptide that isn’t being consumed entirely immediately. So unless you’re eating the whole vial at once, google for some cheap bacteriostatic water.

That being said, it sounds like you really could use the digestive support/ a systemic recovery aid. If you want the wrist and hip to fix fastest, yes inject them. But SI and gut inflammation would point towards oral administration.

I think you could always try it oral and break your wifey into the injection notion over time if you wanted to try to do some micro shots to the wrist/hand with her approval. You definitely want transparency in your relationship - conversation about wellness and goals are important (and honesty!).

Big oOoOf. I’m in the exact same boat as you. If my left leg is 90 in front of me my torso is shifted and leaning left. Excellent video.
It was good. I can do them both without issue at all, no compensations, but I did notice when my right side is in front it’s tighter on decent - my hip lightly popped even lol. But I did just squat 3 hours ago.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
M1m3d1

WU:
Monster walks & Lateral shuffles with “medium” band around ankles x3m
Band pull apart: MM x20x3
Band pushdown: micro x20x2
Pallofs: mini x30s x3
Half bird dog: x8x2 w/ 10ct hold last rep

(Last set of PAs & all of Pallofs and bird dogs were done between bench sets)

1. (Main) Floor Press
45x8, 95/135/185/215x5
245x3
270x2x4
[email protected]

2. (MSM) Arnold press
35x10
40x10x2

Ss/

3. Inc bench chest supp db row w/ pause
50x12
52.5x12x2

4/5/6 giant set w/ 60s rest between sets

4. Side raise
20/15 x15x2

5. Spider curl
20x12x2

6. Rd fly
22.5x15x2

Tyga, hyde, anyone with lower back or hip issues I suggest you give this a shot. I will say anyone with minor lower back or hip issues, there surely is a chance of injury exacerbation with this. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CDZhPctgs9E/?igshid=1oh24i8kgvcqz

It was extremely humbling for me. When my right leg is the front 90 leg I can get up but when my left is the front not only am I excessively leaning towards the left, most likely indicating deficient IR in the right leg or could be ER in L leg too, but theres zero chance in hell of me standing up from that position. I just have no push out of the front leg.
Good video!

I have terrible IR, both sides!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wasn’t aware of those studies, and they’re encouraging. I will say a couple things: one, many medications are more effective for a given dosage if injected - even orally bioavailable drugs. This could be a consideration when looking at cost, making your mg go further. Two, you will need bac water for any preparation of peptide that isn’t being consumed entirely immediately. So unless you’re eating the whole vial at once, google for some cheap bacteriostatic water.

That being said, it sounds like you really could use the digestive support/ a systemic recovery aid. If you want the wrist and hip to fix fastest, yes inject them. But SI and gut inflammation would point towards oral administration.

I think you could always try it oral and break your wifey into the injection notion over time if you wanted to try to do some micro shots to the wrist/hand with her approval. You definitely want transparency in your relationship - conversation about wellness and goals are important (and honesty!).

It was good. I can do them both without issue at all, no compensations, but I did notice when my right side is in front it’s tighter on decent - my hip lightly popped even lol. But I did just squat 3 hours ago.
Absolutely - I hear what youre saying. And yes, parenteral administration will the vast majority of the time yield a higher bioavailability (99% of the time with intravenous since the oral option would also have to have a 100% bioavailability).

I have found tablets with 1mg/tab...if I go with them I was planning on 1/2 tab BID for 10 days then 1/4-1/2 tab before bed for the next 20 days. There are 60 tabs/container so 1 bottle would allow for me to use that protocol twice with a 15-20 day break in between. The tabs would also keep me from having to use the BAC water.

I definitely think starting off with and testing the efficacy of the oral tabs will be the “easiest” route for me to go and then break the wifey into it at a later point. I just think with her being 36 weeks pregnant and then me trying to have that conversation of “im gonna start injecting this stuff”, the timing wouldnt be very good. I absolutely agree regarding the transparency comment, I cant keep a secret from her really, nor do I want to - so no worries there.

(Edit: made an error when outlining the protocol im thinking of using).

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Moving squats to tomorrow, just got busy and in the groove of packing stuff up today. We’ll be moving on Thursday so Wednesday will be dedicated to loading and Thursday will be dedicated to unloading, so the target day for 2nd bench will be Friday.

My REP order also just shipped today, so hopefully I get that next week! Gonna plan on building another platform thats roughly 20” so I can do seal rows.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am very interested to hear your results from the oral administration firsthand here! Could be an awesome find for all of us if it’s found helpful.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m3d2 - Squat (Low recoverability)

WU:
3 min walk/lateral shuffle/monster walk w/ band around ankles
Bird dog: x6x2 w/ 8ct last rep
Bus driver plank: x5 each direction x2
Deep squat w/ row: x10

1. (Main): Squat (olys)
45/75/105 x5 high bar, x5 low bar
135x5
165x3x5 all high bar except 3rd set. Zero discomfort in hip or lower back on any reps.

1. MSM) Narrow stance 2” above pllel box sqs: 2x15
155x15
165x5

3. Poor Man’s Rev hyper: 3x20
Bw x20x3

4. duffin UR: 3x15
25x15x3

Man. I feel like im not really doing very much lower body work. As long as I tolerate this whole mesocycle, im going to add another set of MSM next go around. Will still keep the narrow box squat as the exercise as its pretty low impact on my spine & hip right now. Wish I’d find 1k on the ground so I could order the Squatmax.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome. Good lookin out dude. Im gonna hop on that as the 500mg caps will make it easier to dose and im getting the same total amount for the same price (with the code). That’ll let me just keep one whole bottle sealed up in the freezer.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. Good lookin out dude. Im gonna hop on that as the 500mg caps will make it easier to dose and im getting the same total amount for the same price (with the code). That’ll let me just keep one whole bottle sealed up in the freezer.
Looking for another code

*Here
Ksnichols25

Looks like that'll be 25% off as well. Saw it in some other post. I'm not sure if you can add the code on top or not.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just finally got the garage gym set up. As usual, moving took way longer than expected. This time it was due to the fact that I moved with a fiance who is 36 weeks pregnant...she is usually able to handle herself pretty darn well with moving but the pregnancy really has her energy zapped right now.

Celebrating my dad’s bday tomorrow and will be over there pretty much all day. That in combination with the fact that my bench got delivered (to their house) today, im just gonna wait until Sunday to get my second pressing day in.

Stay well everybody.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m3d3 2nd pressing

WU:
RKC Plank x15s
Side plank: x30s
Bird dog: x8 w/ 10ct hold last rep
Jump rope: 1m on/30s off x5
Voglepohl row: 25x25x2
Ng tri band ext: micro x30

5. Band PA w/ NG & full ER
Doubled Micro x30x3 w/ 30s rest

1. WG 2 board bp - 3 ramp sets x15, 2x25 45%
45/95/125x15
150x25x2 - 1st very easy, 2nd tough

2. Db Rolling Tri ext
30x18
35x18

3. Spud ext tri ext: 4x25 (2 sup, 2 pron)
Udhd: 40x25x2
Ohd: 40x25x2

Ss/

4. Hammer curl: 2x15
35x15
40x15

Pic of the initial gym setup.

Edit: deleted the pic & moved below.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A fine space!
It’s gonna be a work in progress for a while, but im just thrilled to have it up in my own space.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m3d4 - part 1

WU:
Band walks x3.5 min
Plank bus driver: x5, 3 each side
Bird dog: x8x2 w/ 10ct final rep
Pull through: pro light x20

1. (Main) Sumo off 1” mats
135/185/225/255/285x5
315x3x4
315x8

2. (MSM) Chair deadlifts off 20” box
135x15x3 - every 3rd rep finished to full standing lockout after 2 ct pause

3. Rafter Pull-up (5 sets)
Bw x8, 10, 6, 6, 6

2-5 in PM.

4. Pull through (3x20)
Pro light in WU
Avg x20x2 (PM)

5. Calves (PM) x70 in as few clusters as possible
0-40 single leg alternating after 20/10/10
41-60 both legs
61-70 single leg

Was hot/humid AF even early this morning and I was nauseous the entire time from too much preworkout without eating beforehand. Gonna finish the last 4 sets of pull-ups, 2 sets of pull throughs, & calves this evening. I didnt think I was getting anything out of the dimmels other than an irritated back so I switched MSMs.

Edit: edited in the PM part.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m4d1 - bench...ACTUAL BENCHING

WU (15 min timer)
Band walks: x3 min

Nonstop circuit:
Lat exercise: 3x25 - voglepohl w/ 25lb on spud pulley
Tri exercise: 4x25 - band triangle pushdown w/ micro
Pressing exercise: 3x25 - db flat press w/ 30lb

Timer ends

Band PAs during rest from bench WUs: Mini x20x5

1. (Main) Comp bp (some thumb from edge, some slightly wider with pinky on ring - top set was pinky on ring)
45/95/135/185/225x5
255x3
275x2x4
275x7@9

If I had spotter arms I wouldve gone for another but I didnt wanna have to wrestle 275lbs off me my first time comp benching in the geerage. Estimates to a 348 1rm, so I didnt lose really anything by not comp benching for...6 months? At least I was able to preserve that.

2. (MSM) Standing Arnold press 3x10
40x10x3

Ss/

3. Seal rows: 3x10 (ring on ring)
135x10 (wu)
165x10
185x10x2

4. Side raise 2x15
20/15x15x2

Tri set/

5. Rd raise 2x15
22.5x15x2

Tri set/

6. Hammer curl: 2x12
22.5x12
20x12

Picture of the seal row setup - turns out ya dont need two boxes.
IMG_7377.JPG

It was plenty stable enough.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice ingenuity! I think I just did 280x7 the other week so you gotta hit that next micro. Bench looks good too.
Thanks for giving me that goal! Will be shooting for 8+

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
M1m4d1 - bench...ACTUAL BENCHING

WU (15 min timer)
Band walks: x3 min

Nonstop circuit:
Lat exercise: 3x25 - voglepohl w/ 25lb on spud pulley
Tri exercise: 4x25 - band triangle pushdown w/ micro
Pressing exercise: 3x25 - db flat press w/ 30lb

Timer ends

Band PAs during rest from bench WUs: Mini x20x5

1. (Main) Comp bp (some thumb from edge, some slightly wider with pinky on ring - top set was pinky on ring)
45/95/135/185/225x5
255x3
275x2x4
275x7@9

If I had spotter arms I wouldve gone for another but I didnt wanna have to wrestle 275lbs off me my first time comp benching in the geerage. Estimates to a 348 1rm, so I didnt lose really anything by not comp benching for...6 months? At least I was able to preserve that.

2. (MSM) Standing Arnold press 3x10
40x10x3

Ss/

3. Seal rows: 3x10 (ring on ring)
135x10 (wu)
165x10
185x10x2

4. Side raise 2x15
20/15x15x2

Tri set/

5. Rd raise 2x15
22.5x15x2

Tri set/

6. Hammer curl: 2x12
22.5x12
20x12

Picture of the seal row setup - turns out ya dont need two boxes.
View attachment 197053
It was plenty stable enough.
Awesome idea...I'm going to do this with my home setup.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1m4d2

WU:
Band walks x3m
Plank bus driver: x8, 6
Bird dog: x8x2 w/ 10ct hold
Half kneeling band distracted hip flexor stretch: x30sx2

Hamstring exercise (2x25): hamstring curl w/ looped micro - each leg has a loop
Squat (2x25): belt sq w/ elevated feet w/ 50lb
Upper back (2x25): band PA w/ mini band

1. Squat, olys
45/95/135/155x6
170x3x5

Zero discomfort. Felt explosive. That makes 2 pain free explosive weeks in a row. Hoping to finish this meso off with the same next week, then on to a deload and will start trying to figure out what weight I’m gonna add for next mesocycle...right now I’m thinking 20lb.

2. 2” above parallel box squat (20” box + 2 foam mats beneath)
170x15
185x15

3. Duffin UR Row (3x15)
25x15x3 -> used a heavy band choked around a db. Definitely not quite as good as the way duffin does them with a spud tow strap and a kb, but it works “well enough” to keep them. You dont get as much humeral abduction or ER and also less scapular retraction - because you’re basically trying to do a band pull apart vs a heavy band at the top.

Ss/

4. Standing hip supported back extension (3x20)
MM x20x3

Lost my swiss ball so no more poor man’s reverse hypers. I refuse to do them with my hips on the yoke xbar...too big of a puss and its too uncomfortable for me to think its worth it.

Got out there at 615 AM to try and beat the heat. Wasnt terrible, but it was still pretty humid. I think the intra white pipes + morton’s lite helped. This is also one of my “easier” (ie. Less taxing) training days right now with how light im keeping squats, so it’ll really get put to the test come day 4.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad the squatting is going well!

You should ask for an economy reverse hyper from Titan from family since it could double as a changing table

Idk if we’re going to want to commit the space to a GHR eventually or not, but I can say I am very glad with my decision to spend the money and space I had to go with the economy hpnd or whatever Titan calls it. This was worth it even if it’s the only machine I ever get to have here.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Or if you ever get a power rack you can get the bolt on one, or even just lay a board across the pins and choke resistance bands to your feet with ankle weights!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad the squatting is going well!

You should ask for an economy reverse hyper from Titan from family since it could double as a changing table

Idk if we’re going to want to commit the space to a GHR eventually or not, but I can say I am very glad with my decision to spend the money and space I had to go with the economy hpnd or whatever Titan calls it. This was worth it even if it’s the only machine I ever get to have here.
Or if you ever get a power rack you can get the bolt on one, or even just lay a board across the pins and choke resistance bands to your feet with ankle weights!
damn! We already placed our final order from the amazon baby registry - the one with the 15% discount! I should’ve considered just plopping it in the bedroom and having it double as a bassinet with a little wicker basket on top!

Man...GHRs are literally my favorite lower accessory exercise so its going to be very difficult for me to replace it with a RH. I REALLY want the GHR/RH combo in a perfect world. Only time will tell...I definitely wont be getting either with the current garage situation. There just isnt enough alternate storage space with our current apartment. There may be with the new unit were transferring to in October (hopefully, its currently being built).

I’ll probably end up trying to rig up a padded pole/pad that can sit inside the J-cups. Need to think on it a little more though.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
M1w4d3 - 2nd pressing

WU:
Shop vac vs ants in the garage for 20 minutes
NG looped pushdown: x30

Band FP w/ ER:
Micro x30x3 w/ 30s rest

WG inc 2 board bp (middle on ring)
45/95/125x15
155x25x2

Db Rolling Tri ext
30x20
25x20

Ss/

Hammer curl
40x15x2

Spud Single Arm tri ext: 4x25 (2 sup, 2 pron)
Supinated: 25x25 each arm, 25x15-7-3 rest pause each side
Pronated: 25x20-5 rest pause (R), 25x25 (L), 25x20-5 rest pause each side

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, oral BPC just arrived. 1g PO down the hatch. Will start up 500mg upon waking & before bed for the next 9 days then move to 500mg before bed for the next 3 weeks.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re totally right. Being in pain and having it keep you from the things you want to do, over the time frame of years has it has been for me, definitely starts to weigh negatively on your psyche. I look back on the days at jakked where I just felt so physically prepared going into a session that id walk in the gym knowing I was going to be able to push myself to my physical limits. It just seems like forever ago and it kind of gets ya down, for sure. I definitely need to be better about the way I think about my lower body lifts. Instead of “fuk hopefully nothing goes to **** today”, i need to think “another drop in the bucket & another step towards being the best lifter I can be” or something of the like.
This is where I am right now too. Hard to get past the "Fug, I can't do anything I want the way I want to right now!!!" That makes it really hard to continue on and even harder to get started back with that mindset. Gonna have to get in the right head space.
Also, oral BPC just arrived. 1g PO down the hatch. Will start up 500mg upon waking & before bed for the next 9 days then move to 500mg before bed for the next 3 weeks.
Looking forward to hearing your results, if things go well I may try this route, and also see about getting some for my wife's IBS.