Joint supplements

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone give me advise on joint health and comfort? I'm 23 and my joints all the way around for the past few months have been hurting me very badly. Especially my shoulders and knees. They bother me enough to keep me awake at night and prevent from sleeping.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can anyone give me advise on joint health and comfort? I'm 23 and my joints all the way around for the past few months have been hurting me very badly. Especially my shoulders and knees. They bother me enough to keep me awake at night and prevent from sleeping.
Post videos of you lifting. I can guarentee there is a form issue with your major compound or isolation movements causing you to have nagging injuries.
Don't look to pills for miracles, you need to first see if there is underlying factors on a day to day basis (bad posture, bad form lifting, type of work you do) that could be the large issue at hand here.

Everyone should be intaking 2-3g of EPA/DHA from fishoil as a starter which can benefit your joints.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately I think it more had to do with my line of work considering that when they started acting up the only time my joints feel in check or comfortable ironically is after I lift. Shoulder raises and press actually make the feel better squats make my knees back and hips fell better working out in general makes me feel more flexible agile and capable. The only time I've used incorrect technique is from my former construction job with bending over and lifting materials close to a hundred pounds, carrying buckets of water and mortar long distances, pushing railroad ties or boulders for land scaping over my and hod carrying brick and morter and other materials past fatigue one of the reasons I put my two weeks in. But I will take videos and send them to your email Bob. Thanks for the look out.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Be careful how you lift, and use your joints at work. You will want to take care of the joints now before it gets worse. A joint supplement I like is GenoFlex, a cissus supplement.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Unfortunately I think it more had to do with my line of work considering that when they started acting up the only time my joints feel in check or comfortable ironically is after I lift. Shoulder raises and press actually make the feel better squats make my knees back and hips fell better working out in general makes me feel more flexible agile and capable. The only time I've used incorrect technique is from my former construction job with bending over and lifting materials close to a hundred pounds, carrying buckets of water and mortar long distances, pushing railroad ties or boulders for land scaping over my and hod carrying brick and morter and other materials past fatigue one of the reasons I put my two weeks in. But I will take videos and send them to your email Bob. Thanks for the look out.
Then it comes down to how you function daily, how you pick up things, and if you do it in a bad manner with poor form it will catch up over time.
I can 100% Guarentee when you squat your knees buckle inward causing more pressure on your knees.
Don't email them to me post them here.

This way you can see your own issues. It has to do with posture if that is the case at work. You need to start standing with an upright posture, lifting things just like you would in a gym or else like you said overtime its going to catch up to you and cause pain.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Next time I squat I will upload a of me squatting. I tried to do good technique at my former construction job but alot of the time I was more focused on getting the job done and over rather than taking my time and taking things slow. which was my fault.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everyone should be intaking 2-3g of EPA/DHA from fishoil as a starter which can benefit your joints.
Curious to know what kind you use and is it a bunch of caps or liquid to get 2-3g ?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Curious to know what kind you use and is it a bunch of caps or liquid to get 2-3g ?
OxiMega by CL 4 Caps a day
read your label on your fishoil to meet the EPA/DHA Standards

you could also use PES Omega3, ON Fishoil etc..

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I personally use flexible from formutech. Been using for years and I have a good Amount of Joint issues.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like Others have said you have to find the cause of the discomfort and eliminate it. You said lifting makes them feel better right?

and work is the cause?

stop doing the stuff at work that causes this, or if you must find another job. I know its difficult, I quit a job because it was bothering my shoulder.

As far as supplements, my favorite is Millennium Sports Joint Mechanic. It has something called Meriva in it, with some solid research behind it. It also has some other nice ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A good fish oil supplement is a solid place to start (and should be part of anyones daily)... For something more like you're describing, look into SNS Joint Support XT and/or Cissus XT. Both are stellar joint, tendon, and ligament aid that can really help you feel better in just a few days.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Like Others have said you have to find the cause of the discomfort and eliminate it. You said lifting makes them feel better right?

and work is the cause?

stop doing the stuff at work that causes this, or if you must find another job. I know its difficult, I quit a job because it was bothering my shoulder.

As far as supplements, my favorite is Millennium Sports Joint Mechanic. It has something called Meriva in it, with some solid research behind it. It also has some other nice ingredients.
Yes, the main cause WAS my FORMER JOB. One of the reasons i quit was because of the damage it was doing to my joints and health. Yes lifting helps alot it keeps them from feeling stiff and stinging and makes them feel more secure. I'm hoping that after a few months and some recovery and lighter weight and more controlled reps in the gym will assist them more so. And I will look into these oils starting with fish oils. And the ones recommended by TheSolution . Thanks for everyones time and help it is duely noted and appreciated.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
A good fish oil supplement is a solid place to start (and should be part of anyones daily)... For something more like you're describing, look into SNS Joint Support XT and/or Cissus XT. Both are stellar joint, tendon, and ligament aid that can really help you feel better in just a few days.
Thank you.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What kind of pain is it? Like can you describe it a bit more that way maybe some different recommendations could be given.

Outside of that I fall in line with what a lot of the other guys have said in this so far.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Stinging and discomfort from inside my knees. Shoulders are just stuff and tight. I'm going to get the fish oils and things TheSolution recommended and send him videos of my teqchnique. Hopefully there is something I can eliminate before buying joint supplements.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Stinging and discomfort from inside my knees. Shoulders are just stuff and tight. I'm going to get the fish oils and things TheSolution recommended and send him videos of my teqchnique. Hopefully there is something I can eliminate before buying joint supplements.
Post squat/lifting video here if you can

btothefman

Awards
Curcumin / Tumeric will keep with inflammation just make sure you get the one with Piperine. Home made bone broth will give you extra collagen which has joint and many other benefits.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Curcumin / Tumeric will keep with inflammation just make sure you get the one with Piperine. Home made bone broth will give you extra collagen which has joint and many other benefits.
Love the bone broth input will definitely do that.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could try Perluxan Hops Resin Extract.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I live off of formutech flexible. Turmeric is a great addition.

exrugger

Awards
My joint regimen (split below into morning and afternoon pre gym):
2 grams of Tumeric
3 grams fish oil
4-6 grams of cla
2g quality cissus
1.5g/1.2g Glucosamine & Chondroitin
Collagen (sprinkle it in my protein shakes)

All of this has kept all sorts of issues at bay and when they start to flare up I jump on this and it seems to go away when combined with pre and intra workout stretching and post workout ice.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A lot of these suggestions will aid in joint pain. Proper hydration, fish oil, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, cissus all aid in joint pain.

The only thing that actually is proven to help rebuild is collagen. Hydrolyzed Collagen should be around 10grams at least per day as it doesn’t get absorbed that well. The other option is undenatured type II collagen 40mg a day. It’s a small pill and is absorbed well.

I found the type II collagen at sams club, a 120 count bottle iirc for 25$. Lasts 4 months.

fish oils: around 2-3 grams of omega 3 content, I usually get whatever deal I can find at sams or Costco and get triple strength. With those I still need around 4-6 to the the correct amount of omega 3

Curcumin I do life extension super bio curcumin- 400 - 800mg

For the other stuff I take orange triad, so I get some of those other joint ingredients from that.

As far as hydration I have around 1.5 gallons of liquids a day

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just started using ginger/turmeric and it’s having amazing effects on joint/tendons and gut health for me

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get in three grams epa and dha in everyday. Its worth it.

Lots of water , yes.

A great Joint mechanic ingredient, Meriva is curcumin bound to phytosome, which makes it work better.