Joint Health Supplements

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that Animal Flex was the top joint support supplement for a good few years, but is there anything better on the market these days?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
GenoFlex is my go to. Served my joints real well for many months now.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Flexible by formutech

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that Animal Flex was the top joint support supplement for a good few years, but is there anything better on the market these days?
Man, animal flex was my go to years ago! Now, I take 1.5g curcumin, 10g collagen, and SNS joint XT.

Bulk cissus is an option too

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Joint support xt is amazing on its own, but stacked with Cissus is always an amazing combo for joints.

Joint support xt helps reduce inflammation, which plays a huge role in joint degradation over time.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal flex is good.

Something I like better is Joint mechanic by Millennium Sport. It has meriva in it, which has some impressive research behind it, along ith some other fantastic ingredients.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said joint support xt by sns is a great option. I like using controlled labs orange triad as a multi and it has a joint formula in it as well.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Joint support Xt and cissus
Joint support xt is amazing on its own, but stacked with Cissus is always an amazing combo for joints.

Joint support xt helps reduce inflammation, which plays a huge role in joint degradation over time.
. Tried them all but I keep going back to xt
Like others have said joint support xt by sns is a great option. I like using controlled labs orange triad as a multi and it has a joint formula in it as well.
A lot of recommendations for Joint Support XT, but as a guy with a severe egg allergy I can't take it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A lot of recommendations for Joint Support XT, but as a guy with a severe egg allergy I can't take it.
Try boswellin + cissus as something simple and effective. Basically you need to control inflammation that has been going on for a while and work on the underlying cause/s of the issue.

Managing the pain and discomfort is key first though.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s why I use at minimum 1.5g of curcumin (anti inflammatory)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep! Without it, common dosages are almost useless.
Unless you’re using it purely for digestion and colon health, I mean turmeric/curcumin is fat soluble.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Unless you’re using it purely for digestion and colon health, I mean turmeric/curcumin is fat soluble.
True, i was meaning in the context of joint health

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Joint Support XT hands down. There are some other good ones but I honestly think SNS JS XT is the best out there. Love the Boswellin and Natural Eggshell Membrane. Works wonders for my joints

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
I have terrible joints, but Orange triad/Oximega have been working great for me. Ive recently doubled up on the fish oil dose + added in full spectrum cbd and the results have been nothing short of amazing

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helios by chaos and pain is the best I have used and tastes great. I already pop enough pills throughout the day so I enjoy a powdered supp whenever I can get it.

Ingredients-
Essential Amino Acids – 3000mg: The building blocks.
Microlaction – 2000mg: Proteins that can inhibit Leukocytes from entering the joint cavities and causing inflammation.
Cissus – 1500mg: Encourages the generation of bone stem cells!
Vitamin C – 1500mg: The king of all antioxidants!
Curcumin - 1000mg: An herb used to combat inflammation!
Astragaloside Extract – 500mg: Used for centuries as an immune stimulator and inflammation fighter.
Bromelain (50 GDU) – 320mg: A proteolytic enzyme used for anti-inflammation and to aid in digestion.
5-HTP – 300mg: Used to fight muscle soreness after your workout, and converts into the happy neurotransmitter Serotonin! Serotonin also helps to encourage stage 4 sleep!
Betaine – 200mg: Increases Nitric Oxide levels which help to improve blood flow. Better blood flow = better nutrient delivery and waste removal by the body = faster recovery!
Choline – 200mg: Don’t forget about the brain!
Piperine – 20mg: Makes sure your body absorbs all of Helios’s game time ingredients!
Silicon – 5mg: Used to help promote the synthesis of collagen. Collagen is used by the body for bone and connective tissue regeneration.
Vitamin K1 – 1mg: Involved in blood clotting, bone health, and metabolism

https://www.chaosandpain.com/helios-joint-support/

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Joint Support XT is a great product and imo the best joint supplement on the market by far but unfortunately, because of the NEM Natural Eggshell Membrane you're right in that you can't take it with an egg allergy.

Cissus XT is a great product in my opinion. I've seen a lot of people suggest taking high dose Curcumin & Bioperine with Cissus XT but I haven't personally tried that myself. Joint Support XT is my stand by and then I use Cissus XT during times when really lifting extra heavy because I've noticed it really helps my tendons and ligaments as well.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
laxo and forged joint support is the best combo I've ever used

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
SNS Joint support xt and cissus xt would ahve been the combo I chose as well... go for the cissus solo and see how it treats you.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Joint support xt and cissus xt would ahve been the combo I chose as well... go for the cissus solo and see how it treats you.
Since he can’t due the joint support Xt. A lack product along with SNS cissus would be a good choice

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone try black seed oil/black cumin oil/nigella sativa, suppose to fight joint pain and raise test.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does Hyaluronic Acid still get fair praise for increasing synovial joint fluid quality/volume?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helios by chaos and pain is the best I have used and tastes great. I already pop enough pills throughout the day so I enjoy a powdered supp whenever I can get it.

Ingredients-
Essential Amino Acids – 3000mg: The building blocks.
Microlaction – 2000mg: Proteins that can inhibit Leukocytes from entering the joint cavities and causing inflammation.
Cissus – 1500mg: Encourages the generation of bone stem cells!
Vitamin C – 1500mg: The king of all antioxidants!
Curcumin - 1000mg: An herb used to combat inflammation!
Astragaloside Extract – 500mg: Used for centuries as an immune stimulator and inflammation fighter.
Bromelain (50 GDU) – 320mg: A proteolytic enzyme used for anti-inflammation and to aid in digestion.
5-HTP – 300mg: Used to fight muscle soreness after your workout, and converts into the happy neurotransmitter Serotonin! Serotonin also helps to encourage stage 4 sleep!
Betaine – 200mg: Increases Nitric Oxide levels which help to improve blood flow. Better blood flow = better nutrient delivery and waste removal by the body = faster recovery!
Choline – 200mg: Don’t forget about the brain!
Piperine – 20mg: Makes sure your body absorbs all of Helios’s game time ingredients!
Silicon – 5mg: Used to help promote the synthesis of collagen. Collagen is used by the body for bone and connective tissue regeneration.
Vitamin K1 – 1mg: Involved in blood clotting, bone health, and metabolism

https://www.chaosandpain.com/helios-joint-support/
Helios is defnatelly in my top 3.
It also gave good pain relief when I had my collarbone broken. It's really good for that.
Others in my top 3 are Flexatril and Joint Mechanic.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with this

I’ve always taken life extensions super bio curcumin, 1-2 pills a day (400-800mg)

It is said to be more absorbable therefore you would need less. I have taken other brands at higher doses but they make me smell when I sweat (my girl almost always can tel when I started taking curcumin lol). The life extension doesn’t have such a bad side effect.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there any truth to the theory that the anti-inflammatory joint supplements hinder muscle growth?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is there any truth to the theory that the anti-inflammatory joint supplements hinder muscle growth?
It nearly as much as an injury or pain does ha. It’s so minimal that it’s not even worth discussing

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meriva Curcumin Phytosome is curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
Formutech flexible is one of my favorites. 4 a day and on rough days 8.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Formutech flexible is one of my favorites. 4 a day and on rough days 8.
Please please please don't take me the wrong way for pointing something out on that one:

When you look at their label listing (looking at it on Amazon in this case) there is a warning beneath the supplement facts that it may contain shellfish and beef derived ingredients. Some people may mistake that for thinking that those are the only allergens that it contains but if you read the ingredients, it lists Flour (wheat) which means that it would contain gluten.

This way of labeling confuses a lot of people because when they see allergens listed like beef or shellfish, they assume that that would be all of the allergens that are in the product but that isn't always the case.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^^
I started to not post this because I always worry about upsetting people but I couldn't get it off my mind because I have some very severe food allergies myself. I volunteer with a group that helps support and educate on food allergies and have seen several cases where people that you would consider to be the 'average person' and not the very science minded consumer select a product for themselves or others and experienced real hard from not realizing that products labeled this way have things in them that they are allergic to.

I want to point out to anyone reading now or in the future since I'm replying to another company (Nutrex) that my reply has nothing to do with Nutrex products. Its about a product that he mentioned from a completely separate brand. And to my knowledge, Nutrex doesn't label any of their products that way and from everything I've seen they clearly list allergens on their products. Also, Nutrex is a brand that I happen to like of their products myself.

Nutrex

Nutrex

Awards
^^^^
I started to not post this because I always worry about upsetting people but I couldn't get it off my mind because I have some very severe food allergies myself. I volunteer with a group that helps support and educate on food allergies and have seen several cases where people that you would consider to be the 'average person' and not the very science minded consumer select a product for themselves or others and experienced real hard from not realizing that products labeled this way have things in them that they are allergic to.

I want to point out to anyone reading now or in the future since I'm replying to another company (Nutrex) that my reply has nothing to do with Nutrex products. Its about a product that he mentioned from a completely separate brand. And to my knowledge, Nutrex doesn't label any of their products that way and from everything I've seen they clearly list allergens on their products. Also, Nutrex is a brand that I happen to like of their products myself.
No worries. Not everyone knows what to look for on labels and it’s important that we help each other. Good aspect to look at with these types of products

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please please please don't take me the wrong way for pointing something out on that one:

When you look at their label listing (looking at it on Amazon in this case) there is a warning beneath the supplement facts that it may contain shellfish and beef derived ingredients. Some people may mistake that for thinking that those are the only allergens that it contains but if you read the ingredients, it lists Flour (wheat) which means that it would contain gluten.

This way of labeling confuses a lot of people because when they see allergens listed like beef or shellfish, they assume that that would be all of the allergens that are in the product but that isn't always the case.
Good find. That’s either beyond disingenuous and intentionaly misleading, or a huge oversight. If the latter, it should really be addressed.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For clarification, are you saying that you use 1.5 grams per day or regular Curcumin or of a 95% standardized Curcumin?

If just curcumin, you'll also need piperine
Great point. Absolutely agreed.

Meriva Curcumin Phytosome is curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine.
I'm very curious by the branded versions. Have you tried any other branded version to compare Meriva to? Sabinsa's C3 gets some good feedback as well. When Curcumin first getting more popular BCM-95 was talked about some as well but then seemed to not get any attention anymore.

If this is derailing this too much and anyone wants to discuss Curcumins and start a separate thread, send me a link if so.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m personally using 95% extract curcuminoids with a total of 1.5g curcuminoids a day (has bioprine in it as well).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m personally using 95% extract curcuminoids with a total of 1.5g curcuminoids a day (has bioprine in it as well).
Cool. That's a really high (but good) dose. A lot of the products on the market (not knocking anyone in particular) will have something like 1,500 mg. Turmeric/Curcumin listed but then when you look at it closely, its maybe 100 to 200 mg. of 95% and the rest powder.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I figure it’s shown that upwards of 8g of curcuminoids has no adverse effects so I’ll stay in the lower 1/4 range JIC.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For clarification, are you saying that you use 1.5 grams per day or regular Curcumin or of a 95% standardized Curcumin?

Great point. Absolutely agreed.

I'm very curious by the branded versions. Have you tried any other branded version to compare Meriva to? Sabinsa's C3 gets some good feedback as well. When Curcumin first getting more popular BCM-95 was talked about some as well but then seemed to not get any attention anymore.

If this is derailing this too much and anyone wants to discuss Curcumins and start a separate thread, send me a link if so.
I have not. The research on Meriva is astounding, as it causes curcumin to work much better, from what I understand.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have not. The research on Meriva is astounding, as it causes curcumin to work much better, from what I understand.
The research on Meriva looks great and the research on Sabinsa's C3 complex looks great as well. There's another one, Curcuwin, I think it is, that has a couple of studies that looks good also.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not to “pimp” my own thread, but here is a quick write up I did on curcumin. I tried to hit on the things outside of joint health/inflammation.

I’m still a fan of Theracurmim :)

https://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/289557-curcumin-real-holy.html
I glanced through it quickly and saw that what always seems to be the debate came up where you said Theracurmin > Longvida and someone was disagreeing on it. That's one of things on the subject that makes it truly hard to know is that its not as simple as some people thing in that these branded versions work different ways so there isn't a set way to compare them. Different branded versions can make their own appear better by referencing things a certain way. I'm going to send you a pm so as to not clutter up the thread.