DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5552.JPG

From on of the mountain dog coach’s;

“ This is an excellent piggy back if you are wrapping up colossus bc it’s straight into high volume. The second pic is the rotating training split so you guys can get an idea of what and when you will be training each body part. If you a volume junkie like me you will love this “

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks like a good one! Looking forward to the pain.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting way he periodizes training. At least a new way to me.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m really digging the rotating days. It’s easy to get caught up on it’s Monday so I’m training _____. Putting rest days in where it counts and rotating where needed is nice. Also the incorporation of a lot of the newer techniques he has been putting out on YouTube lately is great.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Always consider trying these plans.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Always consider trying these plans.
Worth every penny for the information, activation exercises, how he sets up the programming, and walks through each and every rep of the exercise.

The first 10-15 pages are all information on how to alter the split, proper nutrition, intra-workout nutrition, rest, and examples of how to utilize the RPE Scale.

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
so has anyone tried this one?i was between project collosus-gamma bomb and this one and i started with this..

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
so has anyone tried this one?i was between project collosus-gamma bomb and this one and i started with this..
Ive done the other two, I loved project colossus.

with gamma bomb, it was ok, preferred creeping death 2.0 to it tbh.

I've done a few weeks of OF and I had to cut it short due to work and my garden is getting landscaped. So its on hold, but i did enjoy the few weeks that I did.

So far project colossus and creeping death 2.0 are my favourites so we'll see how OF gets on

how far in are you? are you enjoying it?

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
Ive done the other two, I loved project colossus.

with gamma bomb, it was ok, preferred creeping death 2.0 to it tbh.

I've done a few weeks of OF and I had to cut it short due to work and my garden is getting landscaped. So its on hold, but i did enjoy the few weeks that I did.

So far project colossus and creeping death 2.0 are my favourites so we'll see how OF gets on

how far in are you? are you enjoying it?
im finishing my first week and i like it so far..its a little early to come to any cocclusions though.
the thing that im a little concerned though is that i feel like there isnt much frequency for some bodyparts..?and i am accustomed to more volume with past programms like 4-5 sets per excersise..
i didnt chose to start PC cause of the lower volume..and i have only 6 weeks ahead to train so i wouldnt be able to finish creeping death 2 and it would be a shame..

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im finishing my first week and i like it so far..its a little early to come to any cocclusions though.
the thing that im a little concerned though is that i feel like there isnt much frequency for some bodyparts..?and i am accustomed to more volume with past programms like 4-5 sets per excersise..
i didnt chose to start PC cause of the lower volume..and i have only 6 weeks ahead to train so i wouldnt be able to finish creeping death 2 and it would be a shame..
Be patient. It builds up and is pretty intense towards the end.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
PC is not about volume its about intensity.
You don't need a lot of volume when intensity is high. If you are truly pushing your limits you dont need 20-30 sets to get a good workout. You can be crippled in 10-12 working sets you are truly pushing the threshold. Most gym trainees (not all) don't understand complete failure and always train to a 7-8 RPE and leave plenty of reps in the tank and think that is their limit. There is a big difference between physical failure and mental failure. Most people won't understand that until they are pushed by someone else or train with someone who can take them there.

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
PC is not about volume its about intensity.
You don't need a lot of volume when intensity is high. If you are truly pushing your limits you dont need 20-30 sets to get a good workout. You can be crippled in 10-12 working sets you are truly pushing the threshold. Most gym trainees (not all) don't understand complete failure and always train to a 7-8 RPE and leave plenty of reps in the tank and think that is their limit. There is a big difference between physical failure and mental failure. Most people won't understand that until they are pushed by someone else or train with someone who can take them there.
i understand what you are saying..in my case things were the other way around..i did 4-5 sets per excersise almost all to failure..which led to injuries,mental fatigue and many other bad results.i didnt even do deloads..so i decided to follow a program which can show me the correct rpe,deload time etc..and i like john meadows very much so i trust him.i hope ill have a good run with odins force..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i understand what you are saying..in my case things were the other way around..i did 4-5 sets per excersise almost all to failure..which led to injuries,mental fatigue and many other bad results.i didnt even do deloads..so i decided to follow a program which can show me the correct rpe,deload time etc..and i like john meadows very much so i trust him.i hope ill have a good run with odins force..
If you are doing 4 sets of the same exercise to complete failure. You are not hitting failure.
If you are not smoked after a COMPLETE Failure set there is still some RPE left in the tank.
You also noticed your own red flag. You never deloaded when your body was thrashed. That is your issue.
Listen to your body if the program is too intense pull back. That is why this is made this way so you can allocate to 4-5-6 days pending on your recovery due to the intense nature of John's programs.

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
If you are doing 4 sets of the same exercise to complete failure. You are not hitting failure.
If you are not smoked after a COMPLETE Failure set there is still some RPE left in the tank.
You also noticed your own red flag. You never deloaded when your body was thrashed. That is your issue.
Listen to your body if the program is too intense pull back. That is why this is made this way so you can allocate to 4-5-6 days pending on your recovery due to the intense nature of John's programs.
by failure i mean i couldnt complete any other rep with good form,it was impossible.but tbh i never had a training partner to help me push past that point..anyway,lesson learned,deloads are very important and ill do my best with mr meadows programm to take advantage of all the working sets.

Scrutiny

Awards
I agree with all that’s been said in here.

If anyone looks at John’s YouTube workouts these days and who he trains with, you’ll see the Intensity approach as opposed to just pure volume.

E.g working up to the 1-2 work sets to failure and then other intensity techniques - like what’s in PC and Odin.

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks into the programm and i like it very much..i am facing some recovery issues,especially with legs but nothing i cant handle..leg days re brutal...

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
Guys,i just finished the programm and i liked it very much.the excersise selection,the tecniques,everything was very well put together..
now after my time off-deload ill try another one of mr meadows programm..can anyone help me with choosing?im trying to bulk and i cant decide between gamma bomb-creeping death-creeping death v2..?

TinyGiant

Awards
Gamma Bomb or Creeping Death 2. They both are among my favorites. But I believe the days are set up different so I’d look into that and choose.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Given that ‘summer is over’

Why not up the cals and try project colossus?

If not, I vote for creeping death love that program

PARASXOS

Awards
  • Established
Given that ‘summer is over’

Why not up the cals and try project colossus?

If not, I vote for creeping death love that program
Project colossus is low volume,and the truth is im not used to such low volume training..

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Project colossus is low volume,and the truth is im not used to such low volume training..
You’d think that...

But try it.

Warm up sets, heavy intense working sets

It’s anything but low volume

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is because most trainees go into the gym and try to do "too much volume", or don't train to a proper RPE for Failure.
Where in fact if they are faced with a high intensity set their true RPE on the all-out set is around 7-8 with plenty of reps in the tank.
If you observe most people who say they hit failure, they still have at least 2-3 true reps in the tank. People are hitting "Mental Failure" before "PHYSICAL Failure". You will most likely need a partner to push you there so you get an understanding before you run the program according to plan.

It's not about doing more and more sets for volume (law of diminishing returns) Intensity sets are made to be lower volume for a reason. You would be surprised at how taxing PC Is, especially if you run it according to plan and match the RPE's week in and week out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
The Solution Supplements 22