Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My leg gave out trying to re-rack the weights after that one
haha so true. I can't tell you how weird of looks I get when I have a 25lb DB in my hand and can't stand up

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ran it and loved it
My whole log on Anabolic Effect was running the program.
Do you outline your workouts in that log, can't find the log but I've been looking for that workout. Heard good things and I have not ran a program I didn't make myself in years. Wanna try a solid plan for my next go

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you outline your workouts in that log, can't find the log but I've been looking for that workout. Heard good things and I have not ran a program I didn't make myself in years. Wanna try a solid plan for my next go
I have all of Meadows Programs
Worth every penny

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards
Just wanted to say hi here, been looking at some information about John meadows' programs and found this forum 👌

I, myself am on the 10th week of CP2(6day variation) and I honestly kind of can't believe I didn't find these training programs earlier! Totally what I love. Been doing the ttadional ppls, gvt 10x, nsuns and all the Jeff nippard's programs. The latter being better then the ones I've done previously. But JM's training methods just click with me and I push myself way more.

You guys saw the lat pull down variation he did with Brandon curry? I've been adding like 2 to 3 sets of these after each pull day. Just amazing.

Still struggling to figure out which one I'll do next
Seems that gamma bomb and the newest one high evolutionary would fit me more. I probably won't be able to train on most weekends starting March so it'll have to be a 5 day variation of any training with perhaps some Saturday workouts when I can make it . Will see.

Ps: never had a day dedicated to arms so that will be fun for once

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just wanted to say hi here, been looking at some information about John meadows' programs and found this forum 👌

I, myself am on the 10th week of CP2(6day variation) and I honestly kind of can't believe I didn't find these training programs earlier! Totally what I love. Been doing the ttadional ppls, gvt 10x, nsuns and all the Jeff nippard's programs. The latter being better then the ones I've done previously. But JM's training methods just click with me and I push myself way more.

You guys saw the lat pull down variation he did with Brandon curry? I've been adding like 2 to 3 sets of these after each pull day. Just amazing.

Still struggling to figure out which one I'll do next
Seems that gamma bomb and the newest one high evolutionary would fit me more. I probably won't be able to train on most weekends starting March so it'll have to be a 5 day variation of any training with perhaps some Saturday workouts when I can make it . Will see.

Ps: never had a day dedicated to arms so that will be fun for once
Welcome! And you really can't go wrong with any of them, especially the more recent ones.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it 1 program of his that’s specifically for a strong bench? I’ve hit a weight I can’t pass and it annoys me so much...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is it 1 program of his that’s specifically for a strong bench? I’ve hit a weight I can’t pass and it annoys me so much...
No, closest might be the chest training manual but for the most part his programs are design to be comprehensive and focus more on hypertrophy vs pure strength.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Here's my tips for benching more when your in a rut, if your interested.

Increase your overhead press and tricep strength.

Get stronger on bench in different rep ranges.

Train chest 2x per week. First session train chest but do no flat benching. Use machines, cables and dumbbells and weighted dips for higher reps 10-20. Next session just do flat benching with long rest periods and heavy weight 3-5 rep, after you finish say 8-10 sets (only the last 2 or 3 should be hard) do some triceps work or burn out with push ups.

Follow a specific bench press program if you have not before.

Put on some extra bodyweight.

Obviously don't implement all of these. Pick 1 method and do it for a month or 2 and then go back to your normal training

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here's my tips for benching more when your in a rut, if your interested.

Increase your overhead press and tricep strength.

Get stronger on bench in different rep ranges.

Train chest 2x per week. First session train chest but do no flat benching. Use machines, cables and dumbbells and weighted dips for higher reps 10-20. Next session just do flat benching with long rest periods and heavy weight 3-5 rep, after you finish say 8-10 sets (only the last 2 or 3 should be hard) do some triceps work or burn out with push ups.

Follow a specific bench press program if you have not before.

Put on some extra bodyweight.

Obviously don't implement all of these. Pick 1 method and do it for a month or 2 and then go back to your normal training
I need to focus a little extra on OHP, thanks for the reminder.

I have been doing 5/3/1 for awhile and all my lifts have been climbing but now it seems like they have staggered and I actually feel weaker (especially the bench), it’s sucks and it’s fvcking annoying! So a little more focus on OHP is a good idea and I probably should do a little more dips. I bench 2x a week btw, 1x with chest and 1x with shoulders, I should do 1 harder and 1 lighter session though, lately I’ve been going hard both. I have a tendency to burn myself out...

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards

I have been doing 5/3/1 for awhile and all my lifts have been climbing but now it seems like they have staggered and I actually feel weaker (especially the bench), it’s sucks and it’s fvcking annoying! So a little more focus on OHP is a good idea and I probably should do a little more dips. I bench 2x a week btw, 1x with chest and 1x with shoulders, I should do 1 harder and 1 lighter session though, lately I’ve been going hard both. I have a tendency to burn myself out...

You can also look into Nsuns

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No, closest might be the chest training manual but for the most part his programs are design to be comprehensive and focus more on hypertrophy vs pure strength.

I have a shiit bench but simply gaining weight makes a tremendous difference for me... pressing strength in general always skyrockets for me when I'm in a surplus for awhile. If you truly want strength, pounding the cals is the best thing you can do to absolutely ensure you're building muscle, espeically if you're working it 2x/wk (you will need to recover well and quickly). Sleep would be #2 IMO

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have a shiit bench but simply gaining weight makes a tremendous difference for me... pressing strength in general always skyrockets for me when I'm in a surplus for awhile. If you truly want strength, pounding the cals is the best thing you can do to absolutely ensure you're building muscle, espeically if you're working it 2x/wk (you will need to recover well and quickly). Sleep would be #2 IMO
yeah I hear a lot about gaining weight, but my ego likes my abs and I’m 230 already so I feel that should be enough to break 400... fvck, I need to break 400 this year!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah I hear a lot about gaining weight, but my ego likes my abs and I’m 230 already so I feel that should be enough to break 400... fvck, I need to break 400 this year!
My goal is to hit 400 this year at 198lbs

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm on week 11 of the CD2. It's awesome, High volume and very intense. The style of training I prefer. But one should really pay attention to the recovery aspect. I had bad sleep last week which affected my training and mood this week. So I'm managing to take naps and take one pump day out for this week and rest instead. So to recover well is very important if you want to make it through the 12weeks. Besides that, I added some lateral raises and upright rows in some weeks where I felt my lateral delts weren't getting enough volume. But overall it's awesome.

I need your suggestions for what to run next, I want to ease things up a little before I start my cut but still push hard. I feel like I respond better to high volume. I'm thinking of running Odin Force or do the first half of the Gamma Bomb. But I'm all ears.

The Mountaindog programs I've ran now are : GB, PC, and now CD2

Edit: I will start my cut 6 weeks from the start of the new program, and I will cut for 6 weeks. So long programs can work too.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm on week 11 of the CD2. It's awesome, High volume and very intense. The style of training I prefer. But one should really pay attention to the recovery aspect. I had bad sleep last week which affected my training and mood this week. So I'm managing to take naps and take one pump day out for this week and rest instead. So to recover well is very important if you want to make it through the 12weeks. Besides that, I added some lateral raises and upright rows in some weeks where I felt my lateral delts weren't getting enough volume. But overall it's awesome.

I need your suggestions for what to run next, I want to ease things up a little before I start my cut but still push hard. I feel like I respond better to high volume. I'm thinking of running Odin Force or do the first half of the Gamma Bomb. But I'm all ears.

Edit: I will start my cut 6 weeks from the start of the new program, and I will cut for 6 weeks. So long programs can work too.
If you want volume Gamma Bomb
if you want intensity Odin Force or High Evolutionary.

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards

Hey man, we both on the 11th week of CD2. Only thing I added is some of these lat pulldowns he did with Brandon curry.
It's my first mtdog program, also looking for the next one. Saw you ran GB what do you think of it compared to CD2?

Also the latest program high evolutionary looks neat, you didn't mention it so you could look into it.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My goal is to hit 400 this year at 198lbs
yeah, that’s why I don’t want to gain weight, I should be able to do it at my weight. What’s your PR now for bench?

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
yeah, that’s why I don’t want to gain weight, I should be able to do it at my weight. What’s you’re PR now for bench?
Last I did was 335 at 205lbs. Went up very easy. I have not done any peaking program yet and did this while on a cruise. I'm 100% sure I can do 340 right now. Pretty sure I can add another 20 lbs just from going on cycle. Anywho, 397 at 198lbs is the state record where I live. Which is very low for a state record in my opinion so I'm setting my goal to break it by the end of the year

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Last I did was 335 at 205lbs. Went up very easy. I have not done any peaking program yet and did this while on a cruise. I'm 100% sure I can do 340 right now. Pretty sure I can add another 20 lbs just from going on cycle. Anywho, 397 at 198lbs is the state record where I live. Which is very low for a state record in my opinion so I'm setting my goal to break it by the end of the year
Cool! I’m at 375 so I’m not far, I stall in the upper range so I probably need more triceps strength, low range I have no issues with and can explode pretty well from there but I slow down in the middle and very slow in the upper range. I should probably do more pin presses and board presses when I thinking about it.

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hey man, we both on the 11th week of CD2. Only thing I added is some of these lat pulldowns he did with Brandon curry.
It's my first mtdog program, also looking for the next one. Saw you ran GB what do you think of it compared to CD2?

Also the latest program high evolutionary looks neat, you didn't mention it so you could look into it.
Hey, that's cool! one more week to go. Those lat pulldowns looks cool, I bet those will be in the next program. Any particular reason why did you add them?
GB is brutal too, the volume keep adding up. But for me personally, I liked the first half where the chest, shoulders and back were trained twice per week, I gained size in it , the arm days are full of painful wonderful pumps and the chest shoulders and back pump day are fun to do, I enjoyed them. However, the second half where the legs were trained twice per week while the upper body only once, it's brutality to a next level, It was very exhausting to me but enjoyable until the last couple weeks where I was feeling tired on a constant basis especially when I finish the first leg session of the week. If I were to compare it to CD2, GB is not time consuming as CD2, full of antagonists muscle pumps, volume keep going up, more variety in abs exercises( liked it better). CD2 allows you to train every body part twice per week which is something I prefer, and the first 2 exercises of every base workout are the same for 4 weeks so you know what to expect (perform more reps then add weight in the last week).
Both are good programs, but second half of GB for me is not something I'm looking to do in the near future because I'm looking to gain more upper body size and it's exhausting and brutal so I can't add more frequency/volume to it.

I've ran PC before running CD2, I think High Evolutionary is similar to PC in terms of intensity and low volume. I liked PC because you give all in one or two sets and keep adding more weight every week. But I was having feedbacks that I'm not looking the same size as I used to be in some areas like shoulders and arms, that's why I guess I require more volume. I did PC after finishing GB.

@The Solution I want something in between both, and 4-5 training days/week. Since you did High Evolutionary, can you please tell me the main takeaways from it?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey, that's cool! one more week to go. Those lat pulldowns looks cool, I bet those will be in the next program. Any particular reason why did you add them?
GB is brutal too, the volume keep adding up. But for me personally, I liked the first half where the chest, shoulders and back were trained twice per week, I gained size in it , the arm days are full of painful wonderful pumps and the chest shoulders and back pump day are fun to do, I enjoyed them. However, the second half where the legs were trained twice per week while the upper body only once, it's brutality to a next level, It was very exhausting to me but enjoyable until the last couple weeks where I was feeling tired on a constant basis especially when I finish the first leg session of the week. If I were to compare it to CD2, GB is not time consuming as CD2, full of antagonists muscle pumps, volume keep going up, more variety in abs exercises( liked it better). CD2 allows you to train every body part twice per week which is something I prefer, and the first 2 exercises of every base workout are the same for 4 weeks so you know what to expect (perform more reps then add weight in the last week).
Both are good programs, but second half of GB for me is not something I'm looking to do in the near future because I'm looking to gain more upper body size and it's exhausting and brutal so I can't add more frequency/volume to it.

I've ran PC before running CD2, I think High Evolutionary is similar to PC in terms of intensity and low volume. I liked PC because you give all in one or two sets and keep adding more weight every week. But I was having feedbacks that I'm not looking the same size as I used to be in some areas like shoulders and arms, that's why I guess I require more volume. I did PC after finishing GB.

@The Solution I want something in between both, and 4-5 training days/week. Since you did High Evolutionary, can you please tell me the main takeaways from it?
Its a high intensity based program
You can follow my Anabolic Effect log where I posted my workouts.
Just focus on beating the log book with intensity techniques
Great program, and I am running it again I enjoyed it so much.

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards

I've added the lat pull down after testing them out caus eit looked Intresting. I really liked how they felt. So I just add a set or two at the end of a pill day or even last leg day of the week. No other particular reason. But loving that burn on my lats. Never felt it so hard. And I'm using child weights but I don't care.

GB does sound Intresting, Odin would be Intresting aswell but I don't like to change programs so they fit my lifestyle much. With GB I can take every weekend off training with no problem. (won't be able to attend a gym most weekends due to job starting March) with Odin, I feel like I won't rly be doing what's intended on the program if I train Monday till Friday then weekend off. I looked a bit at the programming and rest days always change around. Not saying it wouldn't work if I rest weekends but I like to do things as exact as possible. It's just like when I count calories, has to be exact and get into my spreadsheet haha

I might even redo CD2 after GB, I just loved it. But I never had a day where I only train arms, so kind of want to try that out. I used to do Jeff nippard's upper/lower before CD2 and you train everything 3x a week with that program. CD2 still felt like the best program I've ever tried and since I've finally upped kcals by quite a bit. (3300 to 4300) I finally start to gain weight slowly. No matter what I did I gradually moved the calories up but my weight stayed the same (93 to 94kg) (using spreadsheet to figure out tdee, avg weight etc) now I eat 4300 to 5000 calories, still putting it in the sheet and it feels much better (95.5kg after 1 ish month) . Kinda wondering what I'll be eating in March when I'm on my feet the whole time.. Right now outside the gym I'm sedentary and working on my PC.

Thanks for your reply tho, made me more intrested in GB

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've added the lat pull down after testing them out caus eit looked Intresting. I really liked how they felt. So I just add a set or two at the end of a pill day or even last leg day of the week. No other particular reason. But loving that burn on my lats. Never felt it so hard. And I'm using child weights but I don't care.

GB does sound Intresting, Odin would be Intresting aswell but I don't like to change programs so they fit my lifestyle much. With GB I can take every weekend off training with no problem. (won't be able to attend a gym most weekends due to job starting March) with Odin, I feel like I won't rly be doing what's intended on the program if I train Monday till Friday then weekend off. I looked a bit at the programming and rest days always change around. Not saying it wouldn't work if I rest weekends but I like to do things as exact as possible. It's just like when I count calories, has to be exact and get into my spreadsheet haha

I might even redo CD2 after GB, I just loved it. But I never had a day where I only train arms, so kind of want to try that out. I used to do Jeff nippard's upper/lower before CD2 and you train everything 3x a week with that program. CD2 still felt like the best program I've ever tried and since I've finally upped kcals by quite a bit. (3300 to 4300) I finally start to gain weight slowly. No matter what I did I gradually moved the calories up but my weight stayed the same (93 to 94kg) (using spreadsheet to figure out tdee, avg weight etc) now I eat 4300 to 5000 calories, still putting it in the sheet and it feels much better (95.5kg after 1 ish month) . Kinda wondering what I'll be eating in March when I'm on my feet the whole time.. Right now outside the gym I'm sedentary and working on my PC.

Thanks for your reply tho, made me more intrested in GB
GB will have you workout on saturday if you follow the exact set up. You raised your calories that much and you gain weight slowly, I'm jealous lol. CD2 is amazing and fun, GB is fun in the same way. Keep me posted about what program you will end up doing. I still haven't made up my mind for my case, I'm considering the relatively old programs too like the beyonder, taskmaster but since @The Solution is running High Evo again, it must be so interesting.

@The Solution Thanks for the infos, I'm checking your log.

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards
GB will have you workout on saturday if you follow the exact set up. You raised your calories that much and you gain weight slowly, I'm jealous lol. CD2 is amazing and fun, GB is fun in the same way. Keep me posted about what program you will end up doing. I still haven't made up my mind for my case, I'm considering the relatively old programs too like the beyonder, taskmaster but since @The Solution is running High Evo again, it must be so interesting.

@The Solution Thanks for the infos, I'm checking your log.
Ahyoure right I got confused with high evolutionary I believe. Altho It seems that doing 2rest days on the weekend with GB isn't thst big of a deal as with Odin. Could be some rough Fridays where I do chest/back after arms Thursdays but it's ok. There's some weekends I can train so will do some extra work. 5 days feels like I'm lazy no matter what the intensity is haha

I will post here what I end up doing. Next week I have to train Thuesday till Sunday due to Monday being closed. So the Monday after that I'll either start the new program or do a deload week

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ahyoure right I got confused with high evolutionary I believe. Altho It seems that doing 2rest days on the weekend with GB isn't thst big of a deal as with Odin. Could be some rough Fridays where I do chest/back after arms Thursdays but it's ok. There's some weekends I can train so will do some extra work. 5 days feels like I'm lazy no matter what the intensity is haha

I will post here what I end up doing. Next week I have to train Thuesday till Sunday due to Monday being closed. So the Monday after that I'll either start the new program or do a deload week
I will recommend you to do a deload week as JM mentioned in the first workout of the last week to start things fresh again. Odin Force, is 5 days for one week and 4 days for the next week alternating, it's versatile too, maybe even more than chest and back after arms day.

Last edited:
Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards
I will recommend you to do a deload week as JM mentioned in the first workout of the last week to start things fresh again. Odin Force, is 5 days for one week and 4 days for the next week alternating, it's versatile too, maybe even more than chest and back after arms day.
Yeah ill check it out again still have 2 weeks to figure out wich program I'll use, in the end I'll try them all anyways haha

Also, he recently posted a story that his new program has been written and will be released soon! I'm new here but I saw on this forum that you guy bought programs together so I could chip in on that potentially 👌

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I’m finishing up week 10 of CD2 myself (second time running). For me GB was easily the next best. CD2 is def my favorite so far but gb isn’t too far behind (I’m a volume guy too)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah ill check it out again still have 2 weeks to figure out wich program I'll use, in the end I'll try them all anyways haha

Also, he recently posted a story that his new program has been written and will be released soon! I'm new here but I saw on this forum that you guy bought programs together so I could chip in on that potentially 👌
I’ll buy the program when it’s released and then we can do a group buy. once we get a headcount on how many want the program we will split the cost evenly among those who want to invest in it and I’ll email it out

It looks like he is sending it out Monday for edits/cover and will be out shortly after that. I would assume before the Arnold.
Who would be interested in the group buy? Let's get a list of people going and then once we see the price we can break it down.

Last edited:

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Do you have some ideas about the new program? it's high intensity low volume like High Evo, same purpose?

@booneman77 did you high volume programs that came before GB? like taskmaster and sentinel?... if yes, how did you find them compared to GB and CD2?

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I’ll buy the program when it’s released and then we can do a group buy. once we get a headcount on how many want the program we will split the cost evenly among those who want to invest in it and I’ll email it out

It looks like he is sending it out Monday for edits/cover and will be out shortly after that. I would assume before the Arnold.
Who would be interested in the group buy? Let's get a list of people going and then once we see the price we can break it down.
I’ll chip in bro

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Do you have some ideas about the new program? it's high intensity low volume like High Evo, same purpose?

@booneman77 did you high volume programs that came before GB? like taskmaster and sentinel?... if yes, how did you find them compared to GB and CD2?
I have them but haven't run them yet. I've only run GB, CD2 (twice), and Omega Beam so far. Not sure what I'll run next as I'm just about to finish CD2 again. I have some nagging injuries so I may be forced to design something myself for awhile though.

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have 28days later?
Was thinking about running that I’d be interested in a group buy!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does anyone have 28days later?
Was thinking about running that I’d be interested in a group buy!
Was it not one of the ones that dude posted in this thread? I thought he put up nearly everything.

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards
@Aleksandar37
@DrChicken
@Mowglisml

Anyone else in for the group Buy?
Once it is available ill collect email addresses and send it out.
Yeah me if we get enough people
Can I pay via bank transfer?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How much will it cost?
Depends on the program price, and how many people want to chip in
Example: $100 program and 10 people want to chip in. Then $10 each.
We won't know until it is released. I am just trying to organize things ahead of time.

Aenigma

Aenigma

Awards
PayPal // Venmo Please.
That's alright I'll be using the PayPal account of my GF then, mine got locked after I reported an unothaurised use. Don't Remember the answers I put on those security questions

Anyways hitting that last week of CD2 hard! How hard? Harder than last time #gregdoucetteifbbpro oh wait ain't Instagram haha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Count me in @The Solution

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1