Jim's Back and Everything has Changed....

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cause Humble sucks lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
International chest day:

Bench Press: work to 235 x 2
Drop: 205 x 7 (wanted 8. )

Inc. DB bench: 62 x 8 x 3
DB flat bench: 82 x 7--62 x 8, 62 x 15

1 Arm Pushup (because why not) BW x 4

Push-ups: BW x 30, BW x 25 (wanted 30)

Not bad today. Got a little ambitious on the flat DB bench and had to drop to finish the set. Did the 1 Arm push-ups to see if I still could....will probably continue those. Push up game is weak, but bench felt pretty strong.

It was also about 1 billion degrees in the shed today, thinking about taking up muay Thai 2x a week if I can find a gym that works with my **** schedule. Mostly looking to spar, even been thinking about working my way back into the cage.

Increasing training volume right now, not too much planning. Just gonna do what feels right, hit the mitts and the bag on Sunday before work. I'm out of shape lol.

https://instagram.com/p/6x44Lbsv0Z/

Bench video, top set.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should come down on a Saturday and get a lift in in the shed.
Oh Hell dude I'd pass the fuk out....gotta have my a.c. gym lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs:

Squats (S): 225 x 3 x 3
Hi Bar: 225 x 8 x 2

GHR: BW x 20 x 2
Band GM: Purple x 50

Hypers: BW x 15

Done. Hammies are trashed. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, likely a full body calisthenics workout with some martial arts practice (probably pad work). Thinking lunges, ab work, push-ups, pull ups, etc.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decided last night that sledgehammer Swings would be fun, so I did that today.

Sledgehammer Swings: 16# x 20 x 5

Did 10 per side, per set, and alternated with my wife (5 per side for her). Not bad, will probably do that again. Just need something else to hit with it since I'm out of concrete that I don't need now.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get a tire to hit.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also I have this swingset that was in the yard when I bought the house (made of wood), that I'm gonna take an axe to this weekend.

That way I'll get a workout and plan to use it to make a stone platform and some 4" blocks for block pulls.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench (S): 185 x 5 x 2

Mil. Press: 115 x 8 x 3

a1. Banded Front Raise: Mini x 20 x 2
a2. BB Curl: 65 x 10 x 2

Rear Delt Pullapart: Mini x 50

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They felt pretty good today, touch was consistent and didn't lose the groove like I had been recently.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just lost the drive shaft in my truck while driving down the highway.

My poor poor money.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That really sucks.

How're you going to use a wooden swing set as to make a stone platform?

Are you a sorcerer?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just did some DLs, didn't have a lot of energy today and they didn't feel great but had to get it done.

DL: work to 315 x 2

Pull-up (chest to bar): BW x 8 x 2

1 Arm DB Row: 82 x 15

TRX Facepull: 50

Meh. Tried belting up for deadlift but it got in the way of my setup so I ditched it and finished them beltless. Hook grip hurt like a mofo today.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah, makes sense. I was thinking something different. Are there supposed to be different tiers of platforms?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boss Heavy DL:

DL: 275 x 2 x 5
3" Block Pull: 295 x 3 x 2
Deficit DL: 255 x 4 x 2

Lat Pulldown: 80 x 15, 90 x 15, 80 x 13, 70 x 15

Ran out of time, everything moved pretty well today. Added the belt back in and if felt ok, lost a callous on my last set of deficits so that sucked. Wanted to get some more work in (pullups, farmers, shrugs) but just didn't have the time before work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jealous of that garage gym there Jim. Looks like you've got all the bells and whistles.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jealous of that garage gym there Jim. Looks like you've got all the bells and whistles.
Well, not everything but I've got enough. There's still some stuff I'd like to get (DL bar, Dumbbells, bands, a fan lol). And that's not counting the strongman stuff I haven't gotten yet (DB, farmers, yoke, etc.)

But its enough to get what I need done.

Actually made the "blocks" today, had some leftover pieces from cutting the mats to fit and taped them together to use for now.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rep Bench today

Bench: 165 x 12 x 3
CGBP: 175 x 8, 175 x 7
Lilly Bench: 150 x 9, 150 x 10

Cable Row: 100 x 15, 120 x 15 x 3

BB front Raise: 45 x 10 x 3

BB Row: 165 x 10, 165 x 12

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Explosive squats:

Squat: 205 x 3 x 8 (done in as little time as possible)

High Bar Squat: 220 x 5 x 2

Pause Squat: 180 x 8 x 2

GHR: BW x 15 x 3

Back Ext: BW x 12 x 2

Bleh. Overslept and had to rush to get this done, first set of squats at 2:50 last set of extensions at 3:45. This was miserable.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Body day :

BTN Press: 115 x 8 x 2, 115 x 5 (lol), 95 x 8

1 Leg Calf Raise (on 3" block): 53 x 15 x 2

2 leg calf Raise (on 3" block): BW x 40

BB Curl: 85 x 8, 75 x 10 x 2

Flat Pec Fly: 36 x 8 x 2

Seated 1 Leg Ext (banded on GHR): choked Purple x 12 x 2

V-Bar Pushdown: AVG band x 100 (rest pause)

Push-ups (AF style): BW x 50

Woof. Hot and humid in the shed today, absolutely dripping sweat. Pump was unreal on the Pushdowns, wasn't a fan of the flyes and will probably sub for good old fashioned DB bench going forward. Leg extensions were difficult and was able to get a good contraction with them. Decided on BTN press instead of regular OHP because I believe it to be harder to cheat.

liftandswim

liftandswim

Awards
I don't really like dumbbell flys either. They don't feel good. I prefer the machine...I know that's not an option in the home gym.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make some with handles and chains....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really like dumbbell flys either. They don't feel good. I prefer the machine...I know that's not an option in the home gym.
Yeah, I've used the TRX to do them before but its difficult to truly progress and the instability makes it tough to truly isolate the bird chest.

Maybe someday I'll find a full cable setup for the shed on CL though. Right now the hunt for a solid set of DBs is still ongoing...

Make some with handles and chains....
That actually sounds like it would work well, I just don't have any chains lol (and only one handle :( )

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No training today, had to be in for work 3 hours earlier than usual so just pushed the training back a day instead of trying to get up even earlier since I expect I'll be at work until the same time as usual.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could also try attaching relatively light bands to an s-hook on either side of the shed, and fly that. Depending on how wide the walls are, that is.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or put inverted hooks in the floor.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Explosive DL today.

DL: 225 x 3 x 8 (6:38 total)
Blocks: 240 x 5 x 2
Def.: 205 x 8 x 2

Lat Pulldown: 80 x 15 x 3, 70 x 15

VBar Pullup: BW x 6, BW x 7

Stone Load: 116# x 30 sec

Bleh. Got some kind of stomach bug right now, hardly been able to stay out of the bathroom since yesterday but went and got the work in anyway. Put in for a half day at work today, so hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow for heavy bench.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench > work

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sometimes a good colon blow is enjoyable.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Heavy" Bench

Bench: 190 x 2 x 5 (3:01)
CGBP: 200 x 3 x 2
Lilly Bench: 175 x 6, 175 x 5

Cable Row: 110 x 15 x 4

BB Front Raise: 55 x 10 x 3

KB Row: 53 x 20, 53 x 18

Pretty good day. Did the same thing today that I do on explosive days with my bench, finished all 5 sets in 3 minutes which wasn't bad.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rep Squats today, and it was a bear. Took about 2.5 hours total (including a more extensive warmup) and included a great deal of laying on the ground in between sets.

Squat: 220 x 12, 220 x 10
Hi Bar: 235 x 8 x 2
Lay on ground: 10 minutes
Pause Squat: 205 x 10, 205 x 7

GHR: BW x 15 x 3
Back Ext: BW x 12, 26# x 12 x 3

Bambi legs in full effect after Hi bar. Disappointed with today's training, Hi bar was the only lift I completed to what I wanted rep wise (which was a shock, because I wasn't convince I'd get 1 rep lol). Added the belt in today, didn't have any problems getting used to it. My legs are toast, ordering a pizza and not moving for the rest of the night.

Body day tomorrow, and heading out to the gun show to try and figure out a price range for my next purchase (thinking colt government 1911, which I will ultimately add the Wilson combat trigger/compensator.)

Also, been thinking about where I want to go with training after the cube boss and am leaning towards dedicated blocks where I focus primarily on building 1 of the 3 lifts at a time in the "offseason" and competing every winter.

My initial thoughts (depending on the progress I see with cube boss) are to rotate with something like sheiko, cube predator, and coan DL during the offseason months and then use the cube boss (or something similar, again based on results of this cycle) and PCs peaking program leading into meets during the winter and just rinsing and repeating to really bring up the powerlifts. Thoughts?