Jim Getting Pumped up with White Pump!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, so as most of you know, I recently was chosen to log a bottle of the new product from Controlled Labs, White Pump. I've always been a pretty big fan of CL, especially with Green Magnitude and Orange Triad, so I was definitely interested when they were coming out with a new product.

I'm a little behind some of the other loggers in getting this log up as I was recently injured at the Texas Strongest Man competition, and am just now getting back to training (limited).

As of right now, I can't quite bend over to touch my toes, and I can't squat/DL/Row for the most part. I can't do any of the implement work I normally do, and am basically restricted to upper body lifts that don't cause pain. Hopefully, in the next 2-3 weeks I will be good to go with regular training, but I am going to take it slow to make sure I don't reinjure it.

Anyway, I took my first scoop of White Pump and drank it during the competition. Mixed in a bottle of water, it is pretty strong. I'm not sure how I feel about the flavor right now, I'm going to try it some more before I make any real decisions about it either way.

Also, typically I take my preworkout with just a scoop under the tongue and then chase it with water. I would not recommend that with this product (I did it on Monday). It didn't taste terrible or burn the inside of my mouth (Jack3d AF does that) but the powder is very "fluffy" and it was just weird.

This is what I did on Monday for ME Upper:

Strict OHP: 135 x 2, 145 x 2, 150 x 2, 155 x 2

I didn't have too much pain with these, and what pain I did have was primarily with the unrack. I was, however, having a lot of stability issues with the OHP so I'm going to have to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't become an issue....

Klokov Press: 85 x 10, 95 x 10, 95 x 7

Machine Row (because I can't do bent over row variants): 120 x 12, 140 x 12, 160 x 12

a1. Lateral Raise: 15 x 12 x 3
a2. Band Pushdown: Purple Band x 15 x 3
a3. Band Facepull: Red x 25 x 3

Also, the gym I've been training at for the last ~6 months is closing on Saturday (found out like last week). Hopefully, I'll have enough stuff in my garage by then that it won't really slow me down at all, but I might not be able to train for a couple of days after Saturday (if everything isn't ready to go) but will pick this up hopefully not too long after because I want to get everything going ASAP.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. Flavor is strong. I need like 16oz for a scoop. :eek:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I combined it with 2 scoops of Alphamine in about 6oz....was slightly tart lol I think 16oz would be better to down for sure.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I combined it with 2 scoops of Alphamine in about 6oz....was slightly tart lol I think 16oz would be better to down for sure.
I want to add some to Alphamine. :eek:

1 scoop White Pump + 1 scoop Enhanced = :D

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. Flavor is strong. I need like 16oz for a scoop. :eek:
Yeah, I noticed that. I normally don't like to drink that much water with my pre but I'm gonna play around with it some.
I would do that, but haven't used alphamine yet so I would definitely skew the log lol.

I want to add some to Alphamine. :eek:

1 scoop White Pump + 1 scoop Enhanced = :D
I could do that though.....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Missed my workout this morning, which isn't a really big deal, and I'll make it up tomorrow.

I needed the extra sleep anyway, I've been waking up early and going to bed late a lot this week trying to get everything ready for us to train on Monday. Got 5 stones now (116, 173, 228, 302, 336) and plan to make 1 or 2 more. Picking up my rack tomorrow, walls are almost done being painted (and will be done this weekend), getting rubber flooring this weekend. Bench should be here Monday, bought about 950# of plates already, and am planning on getting a couple of plate loadable dumbbell handles next week. Still need an inclining bench, have a log bar now, still have to sand and paint the ceiling in my front room (although it is patched now).

So much to do, so little time.....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or maybe I won't....

Woke up this morning, and went down to Pro Maxima to pick up the rack and was told that some random sales rep apparently called the manufacturing plant and told them that I said I wouldn't be there to pick it up until Monday. So, it wasn't ready. They told me they were going to paint it if I wanted to wait 1.5-2 hours for it, but I didn't have that kind of time because I had to get to work.

So, I'm heading down again to pick it up tomorrow morning. Along with an inclining bench that I bought from them today (they gave me a discount and put a rush on it for free so that it would also be done on Saturday). And, because of all this BS, I wasn't able to get home early enough to train, and barely made it to work on time too.

Bleh.

So now I'm picking that up tomorrow, then heading to the gym to train and pick up the rest of my equipment from their and bring it to the house, then renting a bigger truck and going to get the flooring from tractor supply, getting more paint and hopefully finishing all of the painting tomorrow (I don't want to do it on Sunday).......

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Picked up the rack and inclining bench today. Also, got some bands from my buddy (he owed me money) so I'm good there for now. Got all of the horse stall mats today (312 sq ft worth), and almost all of the painting is done. Need to put a second coat of black on the stripe, and the second coat over the ceiling and I'm done painting. (until I paint the words, in silver, in the black stripe) Will lay the rubber flooring down tomorrow, and assemble the rack and do some organizing, and I should be good to train on Monday. I'll probably order the dumbbell handles this week, but I might not. Then, my main focus will be my strongman equipment and a GHR. I'd like to get a Reverse Hyper, but it will probably be a while before I do that because it isn't 100% necessary and is pretty damn expensive.

Also, probably gonna go pick up some plain white siding tomorrow so that I can put it up on the wall to use as a dry erase board (for keeping track of PRs in various lifts, and writing the days workout on).

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a pretty solid workout today, will post a full update when I get home.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4-28-14 ME Upper

Push Press: 185 x 3, 190 x 3, 195 x 3

Had originally planned to do strict press, and as I was warming up I decided I was feeling good and wanted to push my luck a little. Didn't have any pain doing these (which is a good sign), but there was still some instability (which you'll see in the video).

WG Strict OHP: 105 x 5, 115 x 5, 120 x 5 x 2, 120 x 4

Pull-Ups: BW x 9, 8, 8

a1. Rear Delt Pullapart: Red x 40, x 35
a2. Tri. Pushdown: Purple x 25 x 4

That pump was absolutely ridiculous.

Meadows Rows: 50 x 15, 60 x 15 x 2

Actually had some discomfort doing these. Wasn't pain really, more like tightness when I was doing them.

Suppdate: Took 1 scoop of White Pump preworkout today, and then 1.5 scoop Alphamine (I was dragging ass this morning). As far as the taste goes, I can't say I'm a big fan. I mixed it with a bottle of water, and it didn't taste as good as I would've liked. It is drinkable though, which is more than I can say for a lot of powders. Can't comment too much about the effectiveness of the product yet, but today's pump was ridiculous. I intend to take it daily, before a meal on days that I'm not lifting so maybe the taste will grow on me as I drink it more. Also, one negative that I've noticed already, I felt really waterlogged at the beginning of my workout from drinking so much water with it which is not something that I normally do.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything you think needs changed about the flavoring or is it just a personal dislike/preference?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there anything you think needs changed about the flavoring or is it just a personal dislike/preference?
I wish the flavor wasn't so strong, but outside of that I think it's just preference. I'll see if it grows on me as the log progresses.

Honestly, I've never thought that CL had the greatest flavoring in the industry. To me, the OG White Flood tastes terrible lol. I like Green Mag, and Purple Wraath is drinkable, but it isn't my favorite. I tried a sample of the new WFR, and it tasted pretty darn good. (not pineapple though). But, for me CL flavoring has been hit or miss.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish the flavor wasn't so strong, but outside of that I think it's just preference. I'll see if it grows on me as the log progresses. Honestly, I've never thought that CL had the greatest flavoring in the industry. To me, the OG White Flood tastes terrible lol. I like Green Mag, and Purple Wraath is drinkable, but it isn't my favorite. I tried a sample of the new WFR, and it tasted pretty darn good. (not pineapple though). But, for me CL flavoring has been hit or miss.
Just wondering if it's a change that needed to be addressed.

OG White Flood was disguisting lol We actually have new flavoring in White Flood and Purple Wraath so it's much more appealing lol

And **** your gym. You have no idea how jealous I am lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering if it's a change that needed to be addressed.

OG White Flood was disguisting lol We actually have new flavoring in White Flood and Purple Wraath so it's much more appealing lol

And **** your gym. You have no idea how jealous I am lol
It is a change that needs to be addressed....let me mix it with less water!!

I might have to try the new Purple Wraath soon. I still have some of the OG, and I like it, but I like other intra drinks a little better.

Just wait until I start getting more stuff.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of more stuff, just ordered one of them there swiss press bars that were on flash sale at EFS.

And 2 pair of DB handles. Be jealous Sean.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I'm definitely not able to squat/deadlift yet. I tried to show my wife what I was talking about yesterday with the SSB squats and it hurt a lot. So, it's not as good as I wish it was yet. Bleh.

Did RE Upper today though and didn't have any pain (can't do bent over rows yet though)

Inc. Bench: 185 x 4, 175 x 5 x 3, 175 x 4

CG Bench: 185 x 10 x 2, 185 x 7

Seated Band Row: Purple x 6 x 5

a1. Bradford Press: 95 x 8, 95 x 7.5, 95 x 7
a2. Stretch Pushups: BW x 20, BW x 18, BW x 12

Poundstone Curls: Bar x 60

Pretty solid pump today, was feeling a little nauseous though for a good bit of the workout. Not sure if it was because I hadn't eaten yet, or from the preworkout. I'll see if it happens more and try to see if it's the white pump that does it or something different.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This whole not being able to train lower body is terrible....

Had a pretty solid workout session again today. Was pretty tired when I got up so I added 1.5 scoop alphamine with the White Pump this morning.

ME OHP:

Strict OHP: 155 x 2, 160 x 2, 165 x 2, 170 x 2

Everything above 155 was a PR double, so that's good. Finally starting to get some traction in my training again, if only I could actually train.....

Had a bit of a balance issue with the second rep of 170, it got a little behind me so I had to take a step to keep it but still strict lol. Went for a third but it wasn't there, no big deal because I was working doubles today. Still having the instability issue, but at least it doesn't hurt to OHP....

1 Arm KB OHP: 53 x 8 x 4

a1. CG Chin-Up: BW x 12, 11, 10, 2 (35 in AFSAP)
a2. Facepull: Red x 25 x 3

OH Tricep Extension: Purple x 25, 25, 20, 20, 10 (100 in AFSAP)

Suppdate: Have been pretty bad about remembering to dose on off days. Need to get on that to get the most out of this. I wish the flavor was a little more appealing to me, but outside of that not a lot to complain about. This isn't a product that I can just dump in my mouth and chase with water because of how "fluffy" it is. I did that today (mostly out of habit, and to save time) and it was terrible. So, again, don't do that.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trained light lower body today. Took my usual 1 scoop white pump prior, with water, and drank it over a longer time period and it wasn't so bad. Has a bit of a chalky aftertaste though.

a1. GHR: BW x 10 x 4
a2. Lunges: BW x 20 x 3

Planks: BW x 45 seconds x 2

Nothing crazy, but it was at least something. Didn't have any pain with this today, although it was stiff this morning. Got a good pump in the hams with the GHRs though!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
solid RE Upper session today!

CG Bench Press: 225 x 5, 245 x 4, 225 x 5 x 3

Inc. Bench: 165 x 5--135 x 3, 135 x 8 x 3

Lol, flew off the chest but my triceps were done.

Band Row: Purple x 5 x 5

a1. Pushups: BW x 60 seconds x 2
a2. High Lateral Raise: Red x 30 seconds x 2

That was terrible.

Poundstone Curl: Bar x 70

Awful. I was pouring sweat today, my clothes were soaked when I went to get in the shower afterwards.

Suppdate: Mixed the 1 scoop White Pump with 2 scoops alphamine (raspberry lemonade), because I was dragging ass this morning. Taste is pretty good like that, but it still has that nasty (almost chalky?) aftertaste. Not a huge deal, obviously, but I do wish it was better tasting lol. The pump today was absolutely ridiculous, mostly with those poundstone curls. My biceps started cramping about 5 minutes after finishing the set, and I was having a hard time getting my shirt off after the workout. We'll see how the weights change these next couple of weeks with the white pump though!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woo! Strong close grips. You make me miss pressing.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in some more lower body training yesterday. I tried squatting with the empty barbell and was able to do that with very, very little discomfort. :thumbsup:

Then,

BB Lunges: 45 x 20, 95 x 20 x 2

a1. Meadows Row: 70 x 10 x 2
GHR: BW x 8 x 2

GHD Situp: BW x 15 x 2

Woohoo, some weighted lower body stuff!

Suppdate: Had my usual 1 scoop white pump before training yesterday, nothing else. I mixed it with a larger amount of water and it was better, obviously still not my favorite but MUCH better. Had a solid pump with those lunges, and everything felt pretty good for the most part. Also, got in a tub of that Cotton Candy Purple Wraath and gave it a try intraworkout. The flavor is a little strong for my tastes, and I probably won't be mixing a full scoop for intra (more likely 1/2-3/4 to dilute it a little more). But, it wasn't bad at all. Didn't quite taste the cotton candy at first, but the aftertaste is definitely cotton candy and it is pretty sweet all around. I will also update a little more about that throughout this log.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grape has been re-flavored as well. I find it to be too strong for 20oz but I do one scoop per 32oz and it's more refreshing and can enjoy it over an hour. I just take a scoop pre also and take the sourness lol Sounds like it's the same with Cotton Candy.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I've kind of been away from all the forums for the last week or so. Had a lot of crap going on that took up a lot of my time and it kind of just got put on hold.

Anyway, here is my updates from the last week.

Monday- ME Upper:

Push Press: 185 x 1, 195 x 1, 205 x 1, 210 x 1

All went pretty easily, had some pain with the 185 but it wasn't an issue with the heavier weights.

Strict OHP: 135 x 8, 130 x 6--95 x 4, 115 x 6--95 x 4

Wanted to do the Z Press, but I couldn't without pain.

Pull-Ups: BW x 5, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4

a1. Facepulls: Black x 20 x 2, 15, 20
a2. Tricep Pushdown: Purple x 25, AVG x 15 x 3

Ran out of time, had to leave for work. It wasn't a terrible workout, but obviously I've had better....

Wed- Lower

Tried to do some light deadlifts, but couldn't. Tried to do some light squats, but couldn't. Then did some GHRs, and tried to do rollouts, but couldn't.

Thu- RE Upper

Inc. Bench: 185 x 5 x 5

CG Bench: 205 x 8 x 4

Seated Band Row: Purple x 6 x 4

a1. Rear Delt Pullapart: Red x 30, Black x 30 x 2
a2. Foot Elevated Pushup: BW x 30sec x 3

Poundstone Curl: 60

Friday: Finally had a Friday off of work and was able to go bowling again, bowled a crappy first game but then had two games above 200. That was the last week of the league so at least I won't have to pay $20 a week for something I'm not even going to be able to do...

Saturday: Did some GHRs and that was it. Decided I need to give it some more rest, because it's been sore for the last week or two since I started trying to rush the training again. Might schedule an appointment with the chiro again and see if that has some kind of immediate effect, otherwise I'm not sure how long it will be before I can actually do regular training again.

Suppdate: I've been pretty good about taking the scoop of white pump daily, I believe the only day I didn't get it this week was Tuesday. It's getting to be easier to drink, with enough water the flavor becomes much more enjoyable. The pumps have still been pretty solid, and I want to say I'm starting to notice some positive effects in my training weights, but we'll have to see how this next week pans out.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper:

Strict OHP: 155 x 4, 160 x 4 (Volume PR)

WG Strict Press: 115 x 8 x 3, 115 x 7

Side 2 Side Pull-Up: BW x 4, 3, 3 (per side)

a1. Pullapart: Black x 14, 12 ,10 , 9
a2. 1 Arm OH Tri Ext: Black x 9, 7, 6, 6

These were hard. I did my best to make them hard as ****, I mean rep 1 was hard and I went until I couldn't complete the movement any more.

Suppdate: Muscular endurance seems to be improved in my big lifts. The first set of 115 x 8 was hard and I almost was going to drop weight because I didn't think I could repeat that effort, but was still able to do it 2 more times (and almost 3). Hit a pretty easy volume PR with 160 x 4. Pump was good, as usual, and the mix is getting easier to drink everyday. Been drinking about 1/2 a scoop of the cotton candy purple wraath intra on training days, and it's pretty refreshing with a more mild mix.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been slacking with the updates recently, haven't really been getting on AM as much as I used to (except for the occasional browsing while at work)....

Anyway, lifted on Thursday and it was a decent session.

RE Upper:

Swiss Bar Strict OHP: 125 x 8, 125 x 7, 125 x 8, 125 x 4 (smoked lol)

Inc. Bench: 135 x 10, 155 x 10 x 2 (really tried to focus on the pecs a little more with this one)

Catback Rows: Purple Band x 5 x 5

a1. WG Bench: 155 x 10 x 3
a2. High Lateral Raise: Red x 30 x 3

Swiss Bar Curls: 85 x 8 x 3 (these were HARD).

Had some fun with the new bar, I like it because it will allow me to simulate the press of the log until I can do a full log C+P. And, it absolutely wrecked my delts.

Then today I just did a little bit.

Supine Rows: BW x 15 x 2, BW x 11

PLanks: BW x 60sec x 3

nothing incredible, just did the assistance work I would normally do on a lower day (besides the lower stuff).

Suppdate: Had some pretty good pumps, muscular endurance is definitely going strong. On Thursday I contemplated lowering the weight after the first set (because I barely finished the 8) but still was able to get two more sets before I crapped out. And then was able to do a lot of pressing volume still afterwards. Pumps have been solid, I found myself a little nauseous towards the end of Thursday's workout, I have been training fasted since I started working afternoons so it might have been from that. It is definitely easier to drink now, especially now that I am used to drinking that amount of water before training.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fasted eh? You'll get used to it. Sucks for a bit for sure, though. Good sessions nonetheless.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasted eh? You'll get used to it. Sucks for a bit for sure, though. Good sessions nonetheless.
Yeah, I don't prefer it, but I definitely prefer it to losing out on sleep to get up and eat first lol.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a pretty good training session today, the swiss bar is much harder than a regular BB and a log (for strict pressing out of the rack lol).

ME Upper

Swiss Strict OHP: 125 x 3, 145 x 2 (failed 3), 115 x 8

Inc. Bench: 165 x 10 x 2, 165 x 7

WG Pull-Up (dead hang): BW x 8 x 2, BW x 4 (20 total in as few sets as possible)

a1. Supine Row (focusing on the Upper Back): BW x 11, 12, 10
a2. CG Push-ups: BW x 30 x 2, BW x 25

Overall pretty good day, didn't have any discomfort today at all. Which might be good news.

Suppdate: Nothing more to add thus far, muscular endurance seems to be up still, and the pump is good.

hendricks_yo

hendricks_yo

Awards
2 scoops of white flood with 1 scoop of white pump " Woooooo "

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I'm gonna finally update my training from this Thursday now. Everything felt alright, my back has been a little sore for the last 2 days or so. But, it didn't start after the training, so I think I just slept on it wrong.

Anyway, RE Upper.

High Inc. Bench: 165 x 5, 175 x 5 x 3, 175 x 4

Bench Press: 185 x 10, 205 x 4--185 x 6, 185 x 10

Dang, it's been a long time since I've done regular bench presses. These were with the pinkie on the ring.

Seated Band Row: AVG x 6 x 4

a1. Push-ups: BW x 27, 30, 30
a2. Rear Delt Pullapart: Black x 30 x 3

RG Curl: 65 x 10, 45 x 12 x 2

Pretty good day overall. The bench was feeling a little weak, but no surprise there after all of the incline volume.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I accidentally slept through my alarms yesterday and missed my workout, so I made it up today.

ME Upper:

Strict OHP: 135 x 2, 145 x 2, 155 x 2, 165 x F, 160 x 0

Meh, not happy about this obviously. Strength just wasn't there today.

BTN OHP: 95 x 8, 115 x 8 x 2, 115 x 7

Crapped out right above my head on the last rep with 115. Overall not bad though, this really lit up my delts. Haven't done them in a long time.

Chest to Bar Pull-Ups: BW x 6, 5, 4

Hard.

a1. Facepulls: Red x 20, Black x 20 x 2
a2. Swiss Bar French Press: 55 x 15 x 3

These were good, got a solid pump too. I was dripping sweat all day today too. Really would've liked to get more out of the strict press, but the strength just wasn't there.

Suppdate: Not much more too add. The pump was good, muscular endurance is pretty good (I'm not losing many reps after going to failure or near failure on volume work). Unfortunately, the strength just wasn't there today but this hasn't really been an issue so far. As far as purple wraath goes, the flavor is good, but it's just a bit too strong for my tastes. Although, I mostly drink EAAs intra workout as flavored water (with some extra calories) so it definitely works for me. It will last me an incredibly long time, since I can't drink a whole scoop intra.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pulled a double yesterday, will update the workout later tonight.

Also, my back is killing me today.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So this was Friday's RE Upper workout. I didn't have enough time to finish everything I wanted to do before leaving for work (although, all I missed was my bicep work so no big deal). Overall, it was a decent session.

Bench: 225 x 6 x 2, 225 x 4, 195 x 10

Crapped out on the last set of 225, no big deal though. The first set was pretty hard by itself. I haven't done a whole lot of regular benching so it felt weird at first, but wasn't too bad. No real arching (not like I would usually do anyway), and no leg drive for these.

Swiss Bar CG Bench: 125 x 10, 145 x 10

These are hard. Also, whoever decided the closest handle width was retarded. Neither me, or my wife, could even try to use those. They are way too close together, so I used the first set of neutral grip handles.

Swiss Bar Rows: 85 x 8 x 4

These actually hurt. It didn't hurt while doing the movement, but it hurt to pick up off of the ground and set up to do the rows. And now, my back has been killing me for the last 2 days. This **** is dumb. DUMB.

a1. Push-Ups: BW x 40, 30
a2. High Lat. Raise: Reds x 50 x 2

This sucked. Had a good pump throughout, and muscular endurance was pretty good. Obviously, I would have liked for my back to cooperate on the rows....

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had another decent session today, would have liked a little more from the OHP but didn't miss any lifts so there is that.

ME Upper:

Seated OHP:
115 x 1
125 x 1
135 x 1
145 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
170 x 0

So the 165 was pretty easy, so I decided to keep going. When I unracked the 170 (at the top) I had an incredible amount of pain in my back so I racked and decided to call it with the easy 165.

KB Standing OHP:
53 x 10
53 x 10
53 x 5

LOL, these sucked. My shoulders were on fire, and I could barely even get the KBs to the rack position at the start of the 3rd set. I had to set these on my GHR and pick them up from there since I can't pick up anything with any kind of weight off of the ground.

a1. Chin Ups // a2. Scarecrows:
BW x 10 // Red x 15
BW x 10 // Red x 15
BW x 8 // Red x 15
BW x 8 // Red x 15
BW x 4

b1. Band Pushdown // b2. BB Drag Curl:
Purple x 20 // 65 x 12
Purple x 20 // 65 x 12
Purple x 20 // 65 x 12

Suppdate: Might have enough white flood to finish out this week, depending on if I miss any doses. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the product. It did what I expected it to do (increase muscular endurance, pumps, etc.), and my only real complaint is the flavor, which is bearable.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I figure I have enough left until Wed or Thur. So expect a review from me a few days after that (up to 1 week), I like to wait and see what changes after stopping a supplement like this before giving any thoughts on it.

Anyway, this was Thursday's workout. I've worked 60 or so hours this week, so I haven't been doing much besides that lol. I get off work, go to sleep, and wake up and start over again.

RE Upper:

CG Bench: 185 x 10 x 3

Inc. Bench: 135 x 45 sec x 3

Terrible. Triceps and pecs were pumped up. Had originally planned for 60 seconds, but that was a bit too ambitious.

Supine Row: BW x 15 x 3 (lats)

a1. Dynamic Push-Ups (2-3 seconds down, explode up): BW x 15 x 2, BW x 18
a2. Banded Front to Lateral Raise: Reds x 6 x 3 (6 front, 6 lateral)

These were fun, got a good pec pump and my shoulders were on fire with those banded raises. Got my chiro appointment Tuesday morning, so hopefully that makes a difference in what I am and am not able to do.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hope the chiro works out for you man. You need to deadlift again!