Is letrozole pointless for existing gyno?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Was to be the last thing I try before surgery, but I wonder if it's even worth trying.

If estrogen is reduced in the body, the gland might theoretically shrink down, but once I'm off the drug, my natural hormone levels will eventually be back to where they were before I took the drug. This could result in the gland simply going back to it's original size.

Is letro worth trying for existing gyno?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would not say it's worthless...but def not choice.

crushing estrogen to the point of minimizing it's existence in an effort to thwart gyno would make your life miserable.

In reality, what's your true goal? is it to kill off a gyno flair up, or are you trying to get the gland small enough that it's not as noticeable? if your goal is to kill your gyno, that's a different topic..

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How'd u come down with it?

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
I've use letro before to get rid of gyno that flares up on cycles of Deca and Tren (along with Test).Works every time. Not a fun ride though. Never had a lump (or one on both sides) that lasted much past my cycle - much less for two years. It does crush your estrogen levels so that most of your joints ache especially around 2.5mg daily.

I would give it a try for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any noticeable difference. I definitely would not stay on it long term. If you opt for surgery, it will never come back since they remove the gland. You just want to find a Doc that has a lot of experience with it and doesn't f*** up all of the hard work you put in to your chest work.

Keep us informed.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I got it from a test cycle. I stopped using an AI about midway through the cycle because I wasn't seeing gains. Dumb thing to do I suppose; now I have a lump.

So sick of taking all these drugs. And since I do plan to cycle again in the future, maybe surgery really is the best bet.

Think I'll get a discount since it's only one side?

I guess I could try a masteron cycle. Problem is will I be getting real masteron, and should I run ANY test at all???

swolequest

Awards
I've had a small lump on one side for about a year. Recently had sensitive nip so I decided to try letro. I've read about horrible sides but haven't experienced any. Been at 2.5 for a week now... Worst is prolly the headaches at the start of taking it or an young sweating all the time. No horrible joint pain or anything though.
No sensitive nipples and lump is gone. Nipples are still a little puffy. I'm using research Chen letro so it may be a little under dosed. I would give it a shot before surgery....

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
In the case of Letrozole, you could deplete your E2 levels to nothing in no time. This is Very old school ,we've advanced along way... SERM's like Tamoxifen and Raloxifene are "pure" antagonist in the E receptor in the breast tissue. This is what mainly makes a SERM the clinically preferred drug for gynecomastia reversal.
Raloxifene: 60mg daily for 10 days, then 30mg daily until reversed. You should see improvement in approx. 4 to 6 weeks. If you choose 60 mg a day until it's gone, do not exceed 60 days.

Tamoxifen: 40mg daily for one week. Then 20mg daily until gynecomastia is reversed .

Both protocols above will take time. This is not a 2 week process. Reversal will require patience. But it most certainly is effective, side-effect-free and cost incredibly effective when compared to surgery . Raloxifene is the superior compound "today" for reversing gynecomastia. It can be dosed on or off cycle at 60mg daily up to 80mg daily until your gynecomastia is reversed.
Can gynecomatia develop on one side only?---- Not likely, it's probably already in both, but only one side is affected worse, so you get signs from that one side.
SERM's work. AI's don't. Both have been studied and SERM's are proven effective. AI's are proven ineffective. SERM's bind to E receptors tissue strongly,"unlike" AI's..
Find some links and read...This is just (My) thought..............AnalogMan

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Have been on research raloxifene for 12 weeks now. Nothing. Will try one more source before I quit.

Also google pictures of the Rock and Franco Columbu; both had one-sided gyno.

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
Like I said.. Very Old School!.. Good luck Brother..............AnalogMan

swolequest

Awards
Try letro, bro. Maybe old school but it's worked for me....

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
The entire lotrozole for gynecomastia reversal came about in 2001 when a study was published. This study was done on mice, Not Humans....
PMID: 11850204 if you want to look it up?
To give you an example of how this drug is supposed to be dosed, it was studied in extremely obese hypogonadal men. Overweight men convert far more estrogen than non-overweight men. This is because they carry far more aromatase enzymes. Using Letrozole, these highly aromatizing men were treated with doses of 2mg to 2.5mg once per week. If we break that up, you're looking at about 285 micrograms per day. That's it. This powerful drug never, under any circumstances should be used in a milligram + basis on a daily administered protocol. It's simply outrageous.
This is just my option of many years in this field.........This is simply enlargement of breast tissue in males. Your body is basically adopting female characteristics, this is caused by excess estrogen and can be aggravated directly by progesterone. So the morale of the story, some tissue (not all), upregulation of progesterone receptor can happen, for example in the mucous membrane because it's estro-sensitive. But our concern is the breast. Block the estrogen receptor. Progesterone receptor is synthesized. Blocked estrogen receptor =down regulated progesterone receptor..... AnalogMan

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I am using letro now 2mg a day to beat gyno brought on by test and ostarine. The lumps are almost gone after about a week. I feel much leaner in my chest and ab area.....it helped me. Once I feel its fully under control, I will eod dosing at 1 mg for cycle.

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
Letro may be old school, but it has worked for me every time I have had a flare up. Noticeable difference in a couple of days on the sensitivity department. Maybe a couple of weeks until the small lumps are gone.

I just tried Tamoxifen for two weeks and the gyno was getting worse not any better. There may be better alternatives but Letro it still my go to for gyno flare-ups because it always works.

I may try Raloxifene in the future just to see how it works for me.

AnalogMan, I think that study you quote done on obese men was to increase total and free testosterone and not about gyno control or reversal.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was to be the last thing I try before surgery, but I wonder if it's even worth trying.

If estrogen is reduced in the body, the gland might theoretically shrink down, but once I'm off the drug, my natural hormone levels will eventually be back to where they were before I took the drug. This could result in the gland simply going back to it's original size.

Is letro worth trying for existing gyno?
As you said. ...it's only useful to shrink but surgery is the only "cure "unless it's pre pubescent.

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
Letro may be old school, but it has worked for me every time I have had a flare up. Noticeable difference in a couple of days on the sensitivity department. Maybe a couple of weeks until the small lumps are gone.

I just tried Tamoxifen for two weeks and the gyno was getting worse not any better. There may be better alternatives but Letro it still my go to for gyno flare-ups because it always works.

I may try Raloxifene in the future just to see how it works for me.

AnalogMan, I think that study you quote done on obese men was to increase total and free testosterone and not about gyno control or reversal.
PMID:15238910 / PMID:14759718, If Letro is dosed wrong? You will crush your E2 "fast" and if you've killed your E2 before, you know what I mean... AnalogMan

300Fan

Awards
All of my clients are plastic surgeons (I run a marketing company) and they see teens, young adults, adults, older guys and body builders on a daily basis. I hear crazy stories, mostly all related to hormonal imbalance due to steroid usage. The honest answer to your question is to get Gynecomastia surgery. Surgery = long-term results and will be more psychologically reassuring knowing that it's gone for good.

Looking for a quick fix via a supplement/peptide/SERM will not fix the issue. If anything it will just be temporary. I got crazy flares when I took Havoc (I followed all the instructions, etc.) a few years ago and guess what... I went in and had the surgery, though it was only on my right side. No matter what you do now, it will always come back and you know it (psychologically); which is the worst part about gynecomastia! Bite the bullet and get it removed = no more problems :) PM me if you have any questions

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
All of my clients are plastic surgeons (I run a marketing company) and they see teens, young adults, adults, older guys and body builders on a daily basis. I hear crazy stories, mostly all related to hormonal imbalance due to steroid usage. The honest answer to your question is to get Gynecomastia surgery. Surgery = long-term results and will be more psychologically reassuring knowing that it's gone for good.

Looking for a quick fix via a supplement/peptide/SERM will not fix the issue. If anything it will just be temporary. I got crazy flares when I took Havoc (I followed all the instructions, etc.) a few years ago and guess what... I went in and had the surgery, though it was only on my right side. No matter what you do now, it will always come back and you know it (psychologically); which is the worst part about gynecomastia! Bite the bullet and get it removed = no more problems :) PM me if you have any questions
Pretty much!

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
PMID:15238910 / PMID:14759718, If Letro is dosed wrong? You will crush your E2 "fast" and if you've killed your E2 before, you know what I mean... AnalogMan
AM, have you had a gyno flare-up before? Have you used the either of the protocols with success that you mention above? I am not saying this to be disrespectful at all I would just like to know if you have any personal experience with it?

I have and I know what works for me and has worked for others but I am always willing to learn. I have spent "too" many hours now reading about both using Letro exclusively and also Tamoxifen high dose (up to 100mg ED for the first week and than 10-20mg ED for the rest of the cycle.

What I haven't read in all of the articles is "what" people are using for an AI during the Tamoxifen regime. If you are using Tamoxifen alone, you are doing nothing to lower overall estrogen level - only competing with the binding of estrogen to the breast tissue - correct? I would imagine that you would need to use something (Letro, Anastrozole, Exemestane) in addition to the Tamoxifen.

Most of the posts were old or on Websites I am not a member of and didn't have time to register and post. And, there are still as many promoting "Letro only" and "put down the bottle of Tamoxifen" from 2014.

Crushing my E2 in to the dirt is not ideal (loss of sex drive, dry joints, moody, etc.). Just trying to figure out another way to approach this without dealing with surgery for now.

I know letro works for me but have no experience with long term tamoxifen and, if I am going to try it, I want to do it right.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just an ironic comment about AI's being "old school" and SERMs being "new school" for Gyno: in terms of breast cancer treatment and prevention, it is exactly the opposite.

I swear I'm in some kind of freaking time warp. A Bush and a Clinton are running for president, there are Terminator and Jurassic movies at the box office, and now Nolvadex is the new treatment for Gyno... ;-)

AnalogMan

AnalogMan

Awards
Just an ironic comment about AI's being "old school" and SERMs being "new school" for Gyno: in terms of breast cancer treatment and prevention, it is exactly the opposite.

I swear I'm in some kind of freaking time warp. A Bush and a Clinton are running for president, there are Terminator and Jurassic movies at the box office, and now Nolvadex is the new treatment for Gyno... ;-)
I hear ya bro.. Look at this one..PMC:3071351......AnalogMan

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks mate. So in that study I think it is important to note that the recommendation of SERMs over AIs was in men on anti androgen therapy for prostate cancer. This actually makes since given if you already have low androgen levels, there is not much estrogen being converted by aromatase anyway. It also illustrates very clearly something experienced gear users already know. Namely, low levels of DHT can also lead to Gyno and high levels of DHT (and it metabolites) can ease or help prevent Gyno. (Evidenced by Gyno induced anti androgens or 5a reductase inhibitors, etc.)

Thus, a question for the OP would be how are your DHT levels and does it make sense to supplement in addition to AI and or SERM.

Multiple tools to fight a complex problem. Ultimately, given how long you have had it, I agree with several here that surgery may be your final solution. :-/

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
use a SERM if trying to rid gyno, not an AI, NOT LETRO ( yes i know you have seen it posted, but it is CRAP... to put it lightly...) dont crash your estrogen, your body needs estrogen for many fnctions in the body, BLOCK it with a SERM like Ralox or Tamox (i rec Ralox) and run that for 3-4 months and see how it goes. but understand in some cases you need to get it cut out once its developed and you want it fully gone. but still at worst it should still shrink itif not rid it completely.

use an AI on cycle to avoid gyno or help it go away IF its oncoming ON cycle

TShoot

TShoot

Awards
I can't seem to find an AI (or combo) that works to stop gyno flare up ON cycle if using Deca or Tren (I know, then don't use them - right).

If you are sensitive to a gyno flare up on Deca or Tren, what has everyone else found to work to stop it from occurring ON cycle? I haven't found one thing to stop it other than Letro. Anastrozole or Exemestane, even at higher than normal doses to keep estrogen in check, does not seem to work for me.

AI, plus cabaser, prami? Low dose Letro? AI, plus 60mg daily ralox?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't seem to find an AI (or combo) that works to stop gyno flare up ON cycle if using Deca or Tren (I know, then don't use them - right).

If you are sensitive to a gyno flare up on Deca or Tren, what has everyone else found to work to stop it from occurring ON cycle? I haven't found one thing to stop it other than Letro. Anastrozole or Exemestane, even at higher than normal doses to keep estrogen in check, does not seem to work for me.

AI plus caber. Tren and deca are more likely prolactin induced.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When tamoxifen did not help, I switched to Letrozole and it shrunk my gyno to virtually nothing a few years ago. Just my 2 cents

MrSdrol

MrSdrol

Awards
I had gyno for almost a year and got rid of it completely using a combination of Nolva+Epistane, hasn't returned since.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

AI + prami may help you then on cycle

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My recent experience with letro has been surprising. Long story short, I had some residual gyno I had been treating with ralox. It had shrunk quite a bit, so decided to jump on a cycle of that Fusion Phera crap and continue with the ralox on cycle. Well, my gyno lump blew tf up on that sh!t. And I barely got any gains at all. Stuff was bunk imo. Stopped the cycle just short of 4 weeks or so. Went through 4 bottles of ralox and it wasn’t touching it. Recently ordered some letro, and started ~1mg every 3 days. That was ~2 weeks ago. My gyno lump has already shrunk by half, and is no longer painful. Ymmv, but it definitely seems to be working for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Post Cycle Therapy 7
Supplements 4
Anabolics 5
Post Cycle Therapy 3
Anabolics 6