is HRT common in young adults?

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
How common is Low T in young adults. I'm 20 years old and I feel like I have a much lower than average testosterone count.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
not common but certainly possible. only bw will tell you if you are low

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
I'm 6'2 235lbs at 23% bf and my libido is next to nilch, i'm tired all the time, i dont enjoy doing things that I used to LIVE FOR DOING. I just feel depressed all the time and i keep accumulating fat in my mid section and on my glutes...idk if i should see a doctor though.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
you should certainly see a dr and get bw done b4 drawing to the conclusion that you have low t. depression and low libido does not = low t. they just happen to be two out of dozens of symptoms

srobby90

Awards
I think it's getting more common, either that or it's just being diagnosed more. A lot of people cringe at younger people on TRT but if you're low you're low and imo every man deserves to have proper test levels.

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
I feel like people cringe because they assume it's young kids looking for easy access to steroids.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get a complete hormone panel, that will pinpoint your problem..

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
I have an appointment made for tomorrow...I haven't quite thought about how I'm going to phrase it though. I do live in probably the most conservative town in the world though, so should I just tell him, "I think I have low testosterone." and list off my symptoms or what?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have an appointment made for tomorrow...I haven't quite thought about how I'm going to phrase it though. I do live in probably the most conservative town in the world though, so should I just tell him, "I think I have low testosterone." and list off my symptoms or what?
Tell him you believe you have a hormone deficiency..

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
hypothetically, if i do, and I recieve treatments for it, would i notice a drastic difference or just miniscule? because the first hurdle is finding out, the second hurdle would be finding a way to pay for it.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hypothetically, if i do, and I recieve treatments for it, would i notice a drastic difference or just miniscule? because the first hurdle is finding out, the second hurdle would be finding a way to pay for it.
If you have medical insurance, TRT can be real cheap. And it would be a drastic difference..

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
I dont know whether to be more excited or nervous for tomorrow now. I could definitely use drastic anything over what's been going down these past couple years.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
If your test is low, I have two suggestions.

1) Lose some weight so your estrogen willl go down.

2) Next time your in a relationship, take the ball zinger guys advice. A bunch of stuff to make sex awsome, and just railing away on your GF for like 2 months, would probably give your testicles a pretty nice workout.

Taking test will only make your balls even weaker, so that youll be getting TRT for the rest of you life.

aisman

Awards
If your test is low, I have two suggestions.

1) Lose some weight so your estrogen willl go down.

2) Next time your in a relationship, take the ball zinger guys advice. A bunch of stuff to make sex awsome, and just railing away on your GF for like 2 months, would probably give your testicles a pretty nice workout.

Taking test will only make your balls even weaker, so that youll be getting TRT for the rest of you life.
unless you do trt with hcg... i guess.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
unless you do trt with hcg... i guess.
True, but it would also be just another medication for him to take. In general, I think a lot of people who go to this site would enjoy a natural alternative before going on medication.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How common is Low T in young adults. I'm 20 years old and I feel like I have a much lower than average testosterone count.
Before jumping on TRT, it would be a good idea to get with a trained health professional you is willing to look at the root cause of the issue rather then just treat low testosterone resulting in treating the symptoms vs the cause. One needs to look at lifestyle, nutrition, hidden stressors (mental, physical, environmental, inflammation,ect) other hormonal imbalance such as adrenal, thyroid, estrodial. Dr's today are some time just to lazy to take the time to look for why you are having these symptoms and are just want to replace the things that are low which can cause other imbalance making matters 100 times worse. I see it every day with patients you have gone to these dr's and stick them on androgel for 3 months causing more imbalances in the process.

Badco1989

Awards
At 23% BF your best advise is going to be to loose some weight. Get down to 12% or less, then see how you feel. Whats your alcohol intake like? Alcohol kills Test.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Again you need to look at lifestyle and root causes before TRT..

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I get the feeling this guy whent on test and never looked back at this site. I hope he doesn't get gyno. Dammit!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like sexual exhaustion symptoms to me.
with out knowing a whole medical history one can only assume his condition.
This is why internet can be a dangerous place for some when the pathology of the disorder is rarely even identified.