Is HIGH TEST bad for you IF ALL SIDES are controlled?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
??
If one were to take all appropriate preventative measures (AI, prostate supps,etc), can elevated of Test lead to adverse health conditions?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hemocrit levels too, no support supps can cover that

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
it depends how high. hemocrit can be controlled if you donate blood frequently. some people hemocrit won't go out of normal range even if taking high doses for years. how high of a dose and for how long. there was a study not too long ago where men were put on a high dose of test I believe around 500mgs for 6 months and all blood work including PSA was still in normal range. You might want to do some google searching for the study. I don't think anybody could really answer your question though. It many comes down to your genetics and lifestyle factors otherwise.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at 200mg/wk which is high, my hematocrit stays right over top of scale. not much over, but over.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here, well, mine hovers around 50 (not too bad)

The blood letting idea is looking more and more appealing!

Venous thrombosis (clots) and increased chance for heart attack due to the high viscosity of the blood

at 200mg/wk which is high, my hematocrit stays right over top of scale. not much over, but over.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
again the AI issue is based on person to person. some peoples lipids can be thrown off by a low dose of a AI while the next guy can take more or a higher dose and still be within range. it varies from person to person. the only way to tell is by bloodwork.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya.

Lipid profile is not a concern. As a matter of fact, it's rather pristine (Thank God).

Probably in large part due to the cardio, low carb regimen and sizeable doses of a wide array of healthy fats.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yes and that's not a small issue. Estrogen has an important role in overall health.
what if the AIs purpose is simply to get the estrogen into the normal range since your test is so high your estrogen will be as well. So even using the AI to get your estrogen within normal limits will still cause lipid issues?

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
I am not contesting estrogen role in health. some people may have to take a AI for a lifetime to maintain healthy test levels.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty sure he is simply stating NOT to drive estrogen too low as that has adverse consequences as well; problematic cholesterol levels only being one of them.

Now, will manipiulating estrogen down into NORMAL LEVELS (via AIs) simultaneously wreck your lipid profile? Ideally, NO....it certainly shouldn't, but this will largely depend on the individual's genetics and diet/lifestyle as lipid levels are affected from a multitude of things.

So even using the AI to get your estrogen within normal limits will still cause lipid issues?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure he is simply stating NOT to drive estrogen too low as that has adverse consequences as well; problematic cholesterol levels only being one of them.

Now, will manipiulating estrogen down into NORMAL LEVELS (via AIs) simultaneously wreck your lipid profile? Ideally, NO....it certainly shouldn't, but this will largely depend on the individual's genetics and diet/lifestyle as lipid levels are affected from a multitude of things.
Guess it's all about trial and error with a specific AI..another good reason to get regular blood work

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nail on head brother.