Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was diagnosed with sciatica a little over a week ago...the pain was horrendous, I was give just 3 days on hydrocodone. the hydrocodone only helped a little but it did make the pain bearable.

enter cbd oil, at 1st application directly on painful areas[left lower back and hip] it helped some, after 2nd application the relief was noticeable...I have been doing 2 applications daily for 2 days and the pain is much better...it hasn't gone away altogether, but with every application it is getting better...

for anyone who has ever had sciatica you know how much pain it can cause...I missed 2 days of work even with pain meds. the cbd oil is relieving the pain much better than the hydrocodone.

@delsolrob i can't thank you enough!!!!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had really bad sciatica 7 or so years ago from a herniated L5 S1 disc. The back was the least of my problems....the shooting pain down my leg was vicious. I know your pain ... The only time it didn’t really hurt was when I was working out....the adrenaline and endorphin rush I suppose. Switched from back squats to front squats, conventional deads to sumo as to really build up my core. Did tons of stretches, hanging, inversion table, and bought every natural anti inflammatory supp i could find lol. Also used DMSO and I swear by that stuff.

Now the back only bothers me occasional and if I get the leg pain it’s extremely rare. Squats and deads can still aggravate my back a bit but nothing severe, just annoying. I’ll have to give that oil a try!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had really bad sciatica 7 or so years ago from a herniated L5 S1 disc. The back was the least of my problems....the shooting pain down my leg was vicious. I know your pain ... The only time it didn’t really hurt was when I was working out....the adrenaline and endorphin rush I suppose. Switched from back squats to front squats, conventional deads to sumo as to really build up my core. Did tons of stretches, hanging, inversion table, and bought every natural anti inflammatory supp i could find lol. Also used DMSO and I swear by that stuff.

Now the back only bothers me occasional and if I get the leg pain it’s extremely rare. Squats and deads can still aggravate my back a bit but nothing severe, just annoying. I’ll have to give that oil a try!
I think the only people who can appreciate how bad sciatica pain is are those who have had it...this cbd oil is the real deal!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I use this, oral CBD and Medical MJ for the damage I have to my back and hamstrings. Gotta love getting old.

I’ve used tons of topicals and this is the best as far as strength and ease of application.

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just recovered completely from a L5/S1 nasty herniation within 3 months. Only thing I found 'may' of helped was specific exercises, rest and I took MK677. Sciatica is awful I hope the CBD works out well for you.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like the inflammation is going down from the CBD. Now that that is happening I suggest looking up sciatica threading exercises that help pull and dislodge the nerve.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after going thru an awful time of severe pain I am on the way to recovery....the pain is not completely gone but the difference between today and a week ago is nothing less than incredible.

@MrKleen73 been doing those stretches/exercises!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
after going thru an awful time of severe pain I am on the way to recovery....the pain is not completely gone but the difference between today and a week ago is nothing less than incredible.

@MrKleen73 been doing those stretches/exercises!!!
I figured you probably were, lots of Dr's never mention them but I figured you probably looked some of it up like most of us do.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I figured you probably were, lots of Dr's never mention them but I figured you probably looked some of it up like most of us do.
yup...very important to research and resource!!!

anthon88

anthon88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah most doctors make it seem like you’re stuck with it for life or surgery is the only option. I’m a firm believer in self healing and if you give your body what it needs, it’s possible to heal up those discs. One of the problems is the lack of blood flow and oxygen to the disc area but as you said their are exercises and stretches you can do to increase both of those things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah most doctors make it seem like you’re stuck with it for life or surgery is the only option. I’m a firm believer in self healing and if you give your body what it needs, it’s possible to heal up those discs. One of the problems is the lack of blood flow and oxygen to the disc area but as you said their are exercises and stretches you can do to increase both of those things.
yup...I am close to being back to normal now, the cbd oil and exercises/stretches have been a game changer!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yup...I am close to being back to normal now, the cbd oil and exercises/stretches have been a game changer!!!
Truth. I do my own therapy as I know my body better than they do.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to hear!