Intraworkout, What is your favorite?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
What is your favorite?
Are they really worth it?

Some time ago I tried Purple Wraath, it was great!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i prefer EAA over BCAA only. There are studies that show EAA are more beneficial than BCAA only. For that, I like IntraMax (which also contains creatine and other ergorgenic aids to help with strength, recovery, and endurance) and Purple Wraath like you mentioned.

"Taken together, these results demonstrate that BCAAs exhibit the capacity to stimulate muscle myofibrillar protein synthesis, however a full complement of essential amino acids could be necessary to stimulate a maximal response of muscle myofibrillar protein synthesis following resistance exercise."
http://www.ergo-log.com/bcaas-post-workout-muscle-gain-but-need-help.html

For BCAA only, I really like Xtend Elite. The Peak02 is awesome for endurance and it tastes great. For a basic BCAA product, Xtend and Iso Aminos are good and both taste great.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
correct me if I am wrong, but one of the downsides of Purple Wrath is that it does not contain Tryptophan.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
i prefer EAA over BCAA only. There are studies that show EAA are more beneficial than BCAA only. For that, I like IntraMax (which also contains creatine and other ergorgenic aids to help with strength, recovery, and endurance) and Purple Wraath like you mentioned.

http://www.ergo-log.com/bcaas-post-workout-muscle-gain-but-need-help.html

For BCAA only, I really like Xtend Elite. The Peak02 is awesome for endurance and it tastes great. For a basic BCAA product, Xtend and Iso Aminos are good and both taste great.
Yes it was fantastic as a supplement!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take intra workouts every now and then. Mainly for something to sip on during my workout and for the extra aminos. I like xtend the best as far as the intras that are available.

ThorBara

ThorBara

Awards
My favourite intra combo is GLYCOFUSE + old ENDUR3. Endur3 taste bad but Glycofuse taste awesome.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What brand?
True nutrition. I have used glycofuse before but I’m not 100% there’s only HBCD in there as a carb source. I think there’s dextrose in there, not saying a ton. Maybe 70/30 HBCD/Dextrose but when I go over 50gr it doesn’t always sit right in my stomach as to where 100gr HBCD from True nutrition is fine.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 scoops MPA pharmgrade
10gr glutamine
25gr Highly Brached cyclic dextrin
-the HBCD will go up to 125gr or cut completely depending on season
I've been thinking of adding HBCD, what have you noticed when using it?

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
2 scoops MPA pharmgrade
10gr glutamine
25gr Highly Brached cyclic dextrin
-the HBCD will go up to 125gr or cut completely depending on season
What would you say the additional benefits from intra-workouts carbs are compared with burning more of your glycogen?

carbloaded

Awards
3-4 scoops of true nutrition karboload is great pre/intra.

GoofyKai

GoofyKai

Awards
Endur3+ by Olympus , Fighter fuel by Nutrabio, or Reload by Nutrabio. All solid choices.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking of adding HBCD, what have you noticed when using it?
Increased recovery is the biggest take home for me.

I also noticed when it was pulled during prep; pumps were way down, as was endurance.

What would you say the additional benefits from intra-workouts carbs are compared with burning more of your glycogen?
It’s helps prevent MPB (muscle protein breakdown) when added with essential amino acids.

HBCD is different than WMS or Karbolyn due to the structure of the molecule. John Meadows spoke about it a while ago. It being a cone shape helps delivery more of the nutrients it’s paired with and also allows for a steady realest of insulin. I’ll try and find the link/videos.

I also truly think intra carbs (when diet is set up correctly) can actually help you build muscle in a slight deficit (I know I’ll get back lash on this)

I noticed it first hand during prep with zero cardio. I kept getting tighter and I kept intra workout carbs and after 4 weeks (when cardio was added back in) I had a slight increase in LBM (18 point skin fold same person, same time of the day, same diet etc). So I guess increased training intensity would be something to note as well

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Increased recovery is the biggest take home for me.

I also noticed when it was pulled during prep; pumps were way down, as was endurance.

It’s helps prevent MPB (muscle protein breakdown) when added with essential amino acids.

HBCD is different than WMS or Karbolyn due to the structure of the molecule. John Meadows spoke about it a while ago. It being a cone shape helps delivery more of the nutrients it’s paired with and also allows for a steady realest of insulin. I’ll try and find the link/videos.

I also truly think intra carbs (when diet is set up correctly) can actually help you build muscle in a slight deficit (I know I’ll get back lash on this)

I noticed it first hand during prep with zero cardio. I kept getting tighter and I kept intra workout carbs and after 4 weeks (when cardio was added back in) I had a slight increase in LBM (18 point skin fold same person, same time of the day, same diet etc). So I guess increased training intensity would be something to note as well
Is it needed daily for added recovery or only on training days that cause the most DOMS?

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
Which has a great taste tho, I'm debating getting new Endur3

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer intramax. It’s either that or water for me. If I don’t use intramax during my workout, I chug it post workout.

I’ve tried a lot of things and don’t really notice any difference. There are a few products that do help a bit but for me, as long as I take my pre workout and use my “intraworkout” as my post workout drink on my way home, I’m usually good. I do change it up though.

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
Have you heard of the intra by Morphogen labs called Synthegen, it's looks pretty great.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been rotating between xtend endure, modern bcaa + Gatorade (flavor matches) and kaged muscle fermented bcaa + Gatorade

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Olympus Labs Endur3
NutraBio Intra Blast
Blue Star AminoFast

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Iforce Swolemate
Gaspari Glycofuse
ALRI Humapro (fantastic EAA product)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IntraMax for me as well. The 6 grams of whey hydrolysate with leucine is a great. Plus it has creatine, betaine and other goodies for recovery, pump, and hydration.

For cardio I also enjoy Xtend Perform as mentioned above. Great flavor and love Peak O2

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Swolemate by Iforce Nutrition at the moment. I like to use Humapro by ALRI as well

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I force compete
humapro

but for the most part I just use a combination of whatever amino products I have and just mix em in a big tub....I think for intra workout, worrying about the ratios and what not isn't important and anything is better than nothing

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
I've been liking OL's Endur3. Tropical Thunder is so yummy too.

Had a sample of NutraBio Intrablast and that seemed to do the trick as well.

I'm also totally fine with water typically.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IntraMax for me as well. The 6 grams of whey hydrolysate with leucine is a great. Plus it has creatine, betaine and other goodies for recovery, pump, and hydration.

For cardio I also enjoy Xtend Perform as mentioned above. Great flavor and love Peak O2
I agree that this is pretty efficient especially with that glut4 activation going on.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SizeOn Wild Berry by Gaspari is still my all-time favorite. I've been using it for so long (literally years) that I lost count. It's that good.

-Spaz

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bought some Pharmgrade during Black Friday sales and I am very pretty impressed (in comparison to other EAA products in the past). I add 50g of HBCD or Karbolyn

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are you saying? Good or bad ?
barely any in that formula. Don't think 50mgs will do much of anything...

Methionine shortage is what makes legumes an incomplete protein....

It's one of two sulfur containing EAAs and for that reason takes like rotten eggs and close to impossible to flavor at required amounts. A good EAA product will not taste real good and therefore it's sprinkled into formulas...

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
barely any in that formula. Don't think 50mgs will do much of anything...

Methionine shortage is what makes legumes an incomplete protein....

It's one of two sulfur containing EAAs and for that reason takes like rotten eggs and close to impossible to flavor at required amounts. A good EAA product will not taste real good and therefore it's sprinkled into formulas...
So you do not like the overall formula compared to something like Endur3 or Intramax?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you do not like the overall formula compared to something like Endur3 or Intramax?
for EAAs just take 20grams whey protein concentrate....gives you all the EAAs at correct ratios plus other amino acids. proven effective.

I'm not familiar with the other 2 formulas

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
My favourite intra combo is GLYCOFUSE + old ENDUR3. Endur3 taste bad but Glycofuse taste awesome.
Iforce Swolemate
Gaspari Glycofuse
ALRI Humapro (fantastic EAA product)
Thank you guys for the Glycofuse mentions! Great source of HBCD and comes in awesome flavors or as unflavored to mix.

I use SizeOn Max Performance every single day. Good selection of fast + slow carbohydrates, 4g of leucine plus WPH, ingredients for power like creatine but also hydration (Sustamine). It's awesome and I can't see myself changing it up any time soon.