Intra Carbs Study... Did Not Impact Blood Lipids Profile

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesnt look like they matched the pre workout CHO intake. To deduce the effects of CHO on intraworkout nutrition it would have been better if they matched the preworkout CHO intake between the two groups and then gave eith CHO mixture or placebo for intraworkout

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesnt look like they matched the pre workout CHO intake. To deduce the effects of CHO on intraworkout nutrition it would have been better if they matched the preworkout CHO intake between the two groups and then gave eith CHO mixture or placebo for intraworkout
Each participant was their own control. It was double blind placebo I think.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Each participant was their own control. It was double blind placebo I think.
He's saying that an acute study where you don't know what the carb consumption for the participants looked like before the study is of limited usefulness, I think.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's saying that an acute study where you don't know what the carb consumption for the participants looked like before the study is of limited usefulness, I think.
The way he worded "the two groups" made me think that he thought there was two distinct groups of subjects :p

It's just the abstract so details are limited, but they were asked to keep diets the same and they did the testing in the morning it looks like fasted. I do wish I had access to the full study, would be interesting to see if there was any difference in peak force output.