intermittent fasting Only On Cardio Days

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
Being off for the summer I wanted to try a little intermittent fasting since I train earlier in the day. However, I am not a big fan of weightlifting on an empty stomach & the lower energy I feel. However, I have been doing IF on my cardio days only. Right now I only have one cardio day per week but as my bodybuilding show gets closer I plan on adding 1-2 more. Will I still get some of the benefits of IF doing it in this manner? The only bad thing is that I am a teacher & go back to work in September so morning workouts will stop & training will be at 4pm.

Thanks

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you could always try it... its not too hard to tell if u like it or not. as far as noticible results from it once a week will be debatable at best

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go for it. Take some Target A-2 prior to the runs ;)

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
You could try the eat stop eat IF approach.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
So basically for a day or two a week you do a 24 hour fast and eat normally on the other days.

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
So basically for a day or two a week you do a 24 hour fast and eat normally on the other days.
Not 24 hours...last meal is around 9pm and I don't eat again until 10am...so about 12-13 hour fast

TheSurgeon81

Awards
Try the Renegade diet. Really worked for me.

It's more of an eating plan than a 'diet'.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TheSurgeon81

Awards
Yeah. Only think that worked for me. Easy to follow. Takes discipline but results will come fast if you're smashing the heavy iron.