LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A few orders. Nice EEAs and Casein freebies for my large isolate haul.

View attachment 240986
Almost every plant based protein powder i've tried has a bad aftertaste and in general doesn't taste very good. How does biosteel stack up to others?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Almost every plant based protein powder i've tried has a bad aftertaste and in general doesn't taste very good. How does biosteel stack up to others?
Yeah, they all have the same aftertaste. Going through Rivalus right now because of expiration date. It's not very good. I do like how thick plant proteins mix up in proats. I'll have to report back on BioSteel.

What flavor isolate you snag? I’m always tempted to try MP. I’m a vanilla guy to mix up oatmeal, fruit… etc.
Chocolate Brownie, it's solid. I don't think I've ever had a bad MP flavor.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, they all have the same aftertaste. Going through Rivalus right now because of expiration date. It's not very good. I do like how thick plant proteins mix up in proats. I'll have to report back on BioSteel.
All of them are definitely pretty thick. I've tried the huge supplements vegan protein powder in my ninja creami and it was ok but I put in sugar free pudding pack which helped on the flavor :ROFLMAO:

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All of them are definitely pretty thick. I've tried the huge supplements vegan protein powder in my ninja creami and it was ok but I put in sugar free pudding pack which helped on the flavor :ROFLMAO:
My work has free hot chocolate packets. I always snag a few for my plant proats :)

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can’t stand having to pull my ID out and show it for random shitt….(there’s a political rant there too, but this ain’t the place for that lol) …I’m glad I went to a cashier tho, because waiting at a self checkout for some dumbasss to waddle over and check during that process is brutal!

View attachment 240892
On a serious note, Mothers NuLens works awesome.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My work has free hot chocolate packets. I always snag a few for my plant proats :)
There you go. Now that sounds like it would taste a lot better :)

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody have any suggestions for a birthday cake/funfetti type of flavor for protein?

I'm considering Raw Itholate Birthday Cake, PES Cake Pop, Musclesport Dippsadoodles, Musclesport Unicorn Cookie Shake. Those seem to be popular, unless I am missing any?

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anybody have any suggestions for a birthday cake/funfetti type of flavor for protein?

I'm considering Raw Itholate Birthday Cake, PES Cake Pop, Musclesport Dippsadoodles, Musclesport Unicorn Cookie Shake. Those seem to be popular, unless I am missing any?
Although I've never tried it, MyProtein has a Birthday Cake Impact Whey flavor. I have never been disappointed with any of their flavors. Impact Whey's macros aren't as good as the ones you mentioned but would be cheaper.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Trutein Birthday Cake tastes good and has good macros and most importantly I trust the macros to be correct.

I haven't tried the Itholate Birthday Cake, but their Chocolate Mint is great.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I've had the MuscleSport Unicorn Cookie Shake... if you like frosted sugar cookies, like the ones you'll find in grocery store baking sections haha, you'll love this flavor. Not a true 'cake batter' flavor though IMO.

EDIT: I really wish someone would find whatever company used to flavor the OG iForce Protean. I might be a bit biased because I was involved in approving flavor samples, but the 'Vanilla Cupcake Batter' flavor we had was titties. Someones gotta bring that back.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
EDIT: I really wish someone would find whatever company used to flavor the OG iForce Protean. I might be a bit biased because I was involved in approving flavor samples, but the 'Vanilla Cupcake Batter' flavor we had was titties. Someones gotta bring that back.
It's so hard to re-create any flavor without exact flavor specs.

It's one of those weird things where you could know the flavor house and even the flavor ID #, but without knowing the percentage of sweeteners, what they were, etc., it's almost impossible to recreate exactly.

If you have any left, regardless of age, you're welcome to message me and send it my way and I can see if I could it analyzed for you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trutein Birthday Cake tastes good and has good macros and most importantly I trust the macros to be correct.

I haven't tried the Itholate Birthday Cake, but their Chocolate Mint is great.
Trutein products taste REALLY good, at least the ones I’ve ever tried. I think mainly banana cream and lemon meringue if I recall right.

I should probably get some more of those!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Trutein products taste REALLY good, at least the ones I’ve ever tried. I think mainly banana cream and lemon meringue if I recall right.

I should probably get some more of those!
The Lemon Meringue is great.

The Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie and Smores are really good too.

The next one I want to try from them is the Marshmallow Fluff.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's so hard to re-create any flavor without exact flavor specs.

It's one of those weird things where you could know the flavor house and even the flavor ID #, but without knowing the percentage of sweeteners, what they were, etc., it's almost impossible to recreate exactly.

If you have any left, regardless of age, you're welcome to message me and send it my way and I can see if I could it analyzed for you.
Oh my old Protean jugs are longggggg gone. I had small stockpiles of that/Hemavol when I parted ways with them, but they didn't last long :LOL:

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Although I've never tried it, MyProtein has a Birthday Cake Impact Whey flavor. I have never been disappointed with any of their flavors. Impact Whey's macros aren't as good as the ones you mentioned but would be cheaper.
I really enjoyed the birthday cake impact flavor from Myprotein.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh my old Protean jugs are longggggg gone. I had small stockpiles of that/Hemavol when I parted ways with them, but they didn't last long :LOL:
I tried haha. I'm the same way though - if I like something, its long gone.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Have you had the Ryse 'Jet Puffed' protein yet? On the pricier side, but its basically liquid mallows haha.
No, it’s tempted me a few times but the price is pretty lousy. I don’t buy ~2lb tubs as a general rule.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, it’s tempted me a few times but the price is pretty lousy. I don’t buy ~2lb tubs as a general rule.
FWIW, you should be able to find tubs of it at your local Wally World for ~$30, cheaper than you'll see it on most online sites. Every once in a while you can get lucky and the tubs will be 'nearing expiration' and they'll sell em even cheaper.

Nice little treat to have every once in a while haha

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whats the flavor like on the R1 Lytes? Pretty good deal for 2 tubs on DPS right now
Blue Razz R1 Lytes flavor is very standard. Old school blue razz flavor that you'd think of. Maybe a hair light on the actual flavor, but taste is pretty much middle of the road.

I tend to mix all of my intra stuff together usually though, so doesn't really bother me either way.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Last one I liked was from Ryse and it's got the marshmallow pufft to it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FWIW, you should be able to find tubs of it at your local Wally World for ~$30, cheaper than you'll see it on most online sites. Every once in a while you can get lucky and the tubs will be 'nearing expiration' and they'll sell em even cheaper.

Nice little treat to have every once in a while haha
I do appreciate the tip, but I’m too cheap to be dropping $15 a pound for protein powder! I can buy ribeye and wild-caught salmon for less.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I do appreciate the tip, but I’m too cheap to be dropping $15 a pound for protein powder! I can buy ribeye and wild-caught salmon for less.
I mainly use mine to make whole food bars these days. So $15-20 lb isn't the worst when I use it that way. Plus multiple servings.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I mainly use mine to make whole food bars these days. So $15-20 lb isn't the worst when I use it that way. Plus multiple servings.
I’m certainly not judging anyone else! Better to spend your money on something like this that could contribute to health & happiness simultaneously than a lot of other things in my book.

I am definitely thinking about picking up some more Trutein now again that I know there’s a PB Mallow flavor.

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’m certainly not judging anyone else! Better to spend your money on something like this that could contribute to health & happiness simultaneously than a lot of other things in my book.

I am definitely thinking about picking up some more Trutein now again that I know there’s a PB Mallow flavor.
I do something similar as this guy, I eat chia pudding with a scoop of protein as an easy to grab snack. I basically just have it to cook with these days, and still bitch incessantly about Costcos rising prices on ON protein

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

There's a Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie - I've tried it and its really good.

There's also a Marshmallow Fluff that I didn't know about that I want to try too.

I'm stocked up on a ton of protein so I hadn't looked at new flavors and I missed the Marshmallow Fluff release.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Auto shop thinks one of these will fix egr related check engine light 🤦‍♂️
I dunno maybe it will….gonna try the big boy on the left.

IMG_7571.JPG

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Special thanks to Steve for getting me my reward from the lift your label program! Top notch customer service as usual!
You're very welcome. I hope that you'll enjoy it. Great product.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dump the bottle in the gas tank before filling it up
omg for a second i thought u guys were guzzling down transdermal liquids in your belly

thank god i scrolled up .. was about to call poison control on AM

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
omg for a second i thought u guys were guzzling down transdermal liquids in your belly

thank god i scrolled up .. was about to call poison control on AM
Thanks for looking out….Need my car to run so I can get to the gym, grocery store, park, dispensary, and…..ah yeah that’s about it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for looking out….Need my car to run so I can get to the gym, grocery store, park, dispensary, and…..ah yeah that’s about it.
If you could rent a place that happens to be across the street from a grocery store & park, that often has a guy who sells weed hanging out, you could just become a playground equipment street lifter and never have to drive anywhere!
#themoreyouknow

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Menthol is STRONG with this haha. Smells and feels a little bit like Icy Hot for a little bit after application. I've used MitoBurn/Paradoxine in pill form in the past, looking forward to see how this works out.
I will be interested to hear your feedback on this!