In Need of a Solid Muscle Building Routine!!!

calmoyer

Awards
Okay guys, background on me. I have been competitively in sports since I was 13, doing travel baseball and basketball. I always loved the gym and took it very seriously. I started lifting my summer going into my freshman year when I was 14. I was always doing training programs that were specific to the season of the sport I was in all throughout high school determined by the coaches. I received a scholarship to play baseball in college and quickly learned that it was not for me. It is evident to me now, I'm 21, that although I've been seriously lifting and training for the last 7 years, barred with injuries and rehab, that I never was put on or did a beginners strength program. Like I said, I'm 21 now and don't have the muscle build that I wish I did or the strength. Suggested programs would be very helpful. I could be over thinking everything, but if I should go to a basic Bill Star 5x5 program, I'd like to know.

My current split is.. Monday is chest/tri's, Tuesday is back/bi's, Wednesday is shoulders, Thursday is chest/tri's, Friday is back/bi's, Saturday is shoulders, sunday rest.

My stats are...

21 years old
225lbs
6'
Bodyfat ~ 15-20% not sure
Bench - 225lbs x 1
Squat - 315 x 2-3
Deadlift 315 x 2-3

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Personally have not tried the cube method, 5-3-1, Arnold's blue print I just do my own thing at my home gym but have read great things about those everyone is different different things work for different people so find something that works for you bruh good luck

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely don't overthink it. Just do it. the 5x5 will definitely work

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You hit upper body 6 times a week and don't hit legs once???

Look into PHAT

clk

clk

Awards
Canditos > 5x5 in every way possible.

Don't forget that you have legs. They need work too. Get off of that "bro split" that you're currently doing.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Personally have not tried the cube method, 5-3-1, Arnold's blue print I just do my own thing at my home gym but have read great things about those everyone is different different things work for different people so find something that works for you bruh good luck
Have personally done the Arnolds Blueprint to Mass twice in the past and had great results. Currently doing it again, but with a few things added, taken out, reps changed, etc. Used it for a backbone. It's a great 8-12 week program.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Have personally done the Arnolds Blueprint to Mass twice in the past and had great results. Currently doing it again, but with a few things added, taken out, reps changed, etc. Used it for a backbone. It's a great 8-12 week program.
Might have to give this a shot eventually

Bclerks

Awards
That stronglifts 5x5 routine is good stuff. I'm doing it now and liking it. Told a dude at work about it and he's loving it.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
That stronglifts 5x5 routine is good stuff. I'm doing it now and liking it. Told a dude at work about it and he's loving it.
Madcow? If so you're so right. Also a good one

AllTheGainz

Awards
5x5, push pull legs, 5 3 1... I've gotten my best gains off programs that train my body parts twice a week. The 5x5 is insane for your maxes. I did it for almost a year before I had to change it up.

Bclerks

Awards
no just stronglifts 5x5 now. Once I'm maxed out, I'll switch it up to madcow.