IM vs Sub Q test pin - new study

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I dont understand how any1 can have problems with scar tissue. Theres ppl out there injecting 10+ times a week with gear plus however many extra shots for gh, slin, peptides ect. Guys doing stuff like this on and off for 20-30 years. One of the guys I know, is a big mofo on a lot of **** and one of his cycles probably has 3x the amount of injecting I do in a year or 2. My point being is that if the bodybuilders and powerlifters that been cycling for 20, 30 years aren't running out of places to inject and there muscles aren't nothing but scar tissue then I doubt 99.9999% of ppl gonna get enough scar tissue to cross that muscle off the injection sight list
True. But most would be scared to even read where those 20+ years BBers HAVE to inject. I scar tissue can become very bad within 1-2 years if you overdo a specific spot. A mistake a lot do. If from the get go you rotate let’s say from glutes delts lats or something it’ll take so muchhh longer indeed. My ass has a lot of scar tissue and 1 every 3-4 injection now I pop something and it squirts bloods all over. I can litterally feel a rock solid spot the size of the top of a finger on my ass.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
True. But most would be scared to even read where those 20+ years BBers HAVE to inject. I scar tissue can become very bad within 1-2 years if you overdo a specific spot. A mistake a lot do. If from the get go you rotate let’s say from glutes delts lats or something it’ll take so muchhh longer indeed. My ass has a lot of scar tissue and 1 every 3-4 injection now I pop something and it squirts bloods all over. I can litterally feel a rock solid spot the size of the top of a finger on my ass.
Yikes! I rotate delts and glutes. I've done some sub q in glutes and abs.

Chest and lats are the next spots I will venture to but every time i go for a new spot i get a little anxious and end up sticking it in one of the regular spots. No needle phobia and I dont mind injecting but new spots are always tuff for me for some reason.

Question, if a muscle had so much scar tissue that you couldn't inject there any more, wouldn't it be deformed looking? You would think all the big guys would have weird lumps all over there muscles. Also cant deep tissue massage break up the scars and fix the problem or at least make that muscle useable again?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yikes! I rotate delts and glutes. I've done some sub q in glutes and abs.

Chest and lats are the next spots I will venture to but every time i go for a new spot i get a little anxious and end up sticking it in one of the regular spots. No needle phobia and I dont mind injecting but new spots are always tuff for me for some reason.

Question, if a muscle had so much scar tissue that you couldn't inject there any more, wouldn't it be deformed looking? You would think all the big guys would have weird lumps all over there muscles. Also cant deep tissue massage break up the scars and fix the problem or at least make that muscle useable again?
Yup! Mattersby ass is 5 times worst than mine... litterally his ass is deformed and you can see it. Mine let’s say (no homo) if you touched you would be yikes wtf is this nasty. But couldn’t see it visually. I did glutes only for a year and a half and then when I realized what was starting to happend I started rotating from delts / glutes / lats. Lats is my favorite now. Litterally pain free 100% of the time. Just awkward to do at first

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I kinda understood he saw that in person. It's one thing to see it in video ...
yeah I read it as he’d it in person. Not sure if I’d pay to attend the live show tbh.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have thought about injecting in the bicep, but always afraid to try it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have thought about injecting in the bicep, but always afraid to try it.
Me too, I have a **** ton of veins in my arms and I figure if I can see that many, theres probably a lot more I cant see so i cant pull the trigger on biceps

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Me too, I have a **** ton of veins in my arms and I figure if I can see that many, theres probably a lot more I cant see so i cant pull the trigger on biceps
Glad I not alone !

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is interesting RE backloading. I pin prop/NPP multiple times a week via backloading 6+ slin pins at a time.

I use a 3ml 23g needle full of prop and backfill 6 pins at .5ml. I use 29g .5” pins and rotate delts and quads. I have prob 18% bf so I don’t know if I’m SQ or IM when I pin. I don’t really care because I feel great and my bloods are steady. (Note: I’ve done this with test e as well without any issue pushing the oil. MCT Cartier is smooth af)

I’ve been doing this for over a year and literally hardly have any pain or lump after injecting.

I am now however concerned about plastics leaching into my gear and bioaccumulating over time.

I will be doin more research on this

Last edited:

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is interesting RE backloading. I pin prop/NPP multiple times a week via backloading 6+ slin pins at a time.

I use a 3ml 23g needle full of prop and backfill 6 pins at .5ml. I use 29g .5” pins and rotate delts and quads. I have prob 18% bf so I don’t know if I’m SQ or IM when I pin. I don’t really care because I feel great and my bloods are steady.

I’ve been doing this for over a year and literally hardly have any pain or lump after injecting.

I am now however concerned about plastics leaching into my gear and bioaccumulating over time.

I will be doin more research on this
Let us know what you find out!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
8 weeks ago I had blood while on Test C 50mg IM once a week
T 346 Hemocrit (SP?) 51
8 weeks later (today) 25mg SubQ Twice a week
T 750 Hemocrit 49

I'm sold !!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
T 346 Hemocrit (SP?) 51
T 750 Hemocrit 49

I'm sold !!
interesting bro. Useful to see real world feedback

at what point after your weekly IM pin was the blood draw 8 weeks ago?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
interesting bro. Useful to see real world feedback

at what point after your weekly IM pin was the blood draw 8 weeks ago?
Both 1 week after last injection.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
T 346 Hemocrit (SP?) 51
T 750 Hemocrit 49

I'm sold !!
There shouldn't be such a difference. There must have been something wrong, either with the lab test it self, or with the gear, ...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I remember once I did an E2 test and it came back at 90, and I was scratching my head, wtf, went the next day to re-do the test and it came back in the mid 30's ... just saying ...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There shouldn't be such a difference. There must have been something wrong, either with the lab test it self, or with the gear, ...
Same prescription same bottle...........

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
wow, crazy results on that basis. I believe it makes a difference, I’m struggling with it being that big a difference. That’s literally more than doubled your test level. But yeah, increasing test (and lower e2) from greater frequency sub q is what I hear from sources I respect.....

Leakydelts

Leakydelts

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm still not 100% right from a subcutaneous 0.5 ml injection of prescription testosterone cypionate from back in August.

I got a gnarly hematoma. I had to poke it to drain it. With an 18g. 5 or 6 times.

If you want to roll the dice with this technique by all means knock yourselves out but I will never inject oil into fat intentionally ever again.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wait so you’re trying to convince me that from changing to ED subq your hematocrit actually lowered while at the same dose? Correct me if I didn’t read this correctly because what you’re advancing makes very, very, very little sense. Also I agree with @Jinsun its very improbable that you doubled your levels by simply switching from IM to SubQ. Studies show a slight increase. 350 to 750 common now lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • 41% lower hematocrit that those receiving IM injections.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm still not 100% right from a subcutaneous 0.5 ml injection of prescription testosterone cypionate from back in August.

I got a gnarly hematoma. I had to poke it to drain it. With an 18g. 5 or 6 times.

If you want to roll the dice with this technique by all means knock yourselves out but I will never inject oil into fat intentionally ever again.
I think this is probably one of those rare cases as sub q injections have become quite popular. Additionally, there are plenty of IM injection horror stories so it’s not like one way doesn’t have risks.

That being said, I realized reading your post, I’m actually not necessarily doing sub q injections. I rotate delts and quads with a 29g, 1/2” slin pin. I did this with test p eod injections for over a year with zero issues. Doing test e now e3d.

To be noted I bottom out the needle and am at 22% body fat. So likely I’m going very shallow IM.

Take way is, regardless of IM or Sub q, why would anyone ever use something bigger then a slin pin?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I think this is probably one of those rare cases as sub q injections have become quite popular. Additionally, there are plenty of IM injection horror stories so it’s not like one way doesn’t have risks.

That being said, I realized reading your post, I’m actually not necessarily doing sub q injections. I rotate delts and quads with a 29g, 1/2” slin pin. I did this with test p eod injections for over a year with zero issues. Doing test e now e3d.

To be noted I bottom out the needle and am at 22% body fat. So likely I’m going very shallow IM.

Take way is, regardless of IM or Sub q, why would anyone ever use something bigger than a slin pin for low volume injections like such with trt?

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Take way is, regardless of IM or Sub q, why would anyone ever use something bigger then a slin pin?
maybe some of us prefer something bigger if it’s going in the ass? Feels like a waste otherwise🤷

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
.5ml 125mg test e pins e5d subq has been good to me the last 6 weeks and counting. Definitively hurts compared to hcg shots though.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Where are you guys doing the 1/2ml sub q, belly or somewhere else? I can see a half ml in the bellyfat causing a problem for ppl, I use to do it occasionally but I find it too much oil for that location. I'm rotating delts and glutes but I've been using up 1/2 in pins so the glute shots are definitely going sub q and they dont bother me in the slightest.

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Where are you guys doing the 1/2ml sub q, belly or somewhere else? I can see a half ml in the bellyfat causing a problem for ppl, I use to do it occasionally but I find it too much oil for that location. I'm rotating delts and glutes but I've been using up 1/2 in pins so the glute shots are definitely going sub q and they dont bother me in the slightest.
About an inch or two left or right from the button. I usually sit down so the chonk rolls a bit or else i hit the abdominal wall and it hurts injecting into the surface of a muscle lol when i was down to 11%ish bf it was tricky so i can imagine it not being ideal for lean guys

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
THIS. Do your subq shots where there is a lot of fat: glutes and upper thighs. I've done hundreds of subq oil injections in these locations and never had a problem.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Clean Skin, Clean Gear, Be Safe

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
THIS. Do your subq shots where there is a lot of fat: glutes and upper thighs. I've done hundreds of subq oil injections in these locations and never had a problem.
yep yep yep. This is exactly what I do as well. Never had an issue

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been on TRT for about 15 years and I have never had a problem with any injections, I think dirty gear is the problem for some.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been on TRT for about 15 years and I have never had a problem with any injections, I think dirty gear is the problem for some.
Or to big of a volume. 0.5ml is a lot of oil for subq and it's bound to cause problems. And 0.5 ml is not an micro injection anymore.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Or to big of a volume. 0.5ml is a lot of oil for subq and it's bound to cause problems. And 0.5 ml is not an micro injection anymore.
Good Point