IM vs Sub Q test pin - new study

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For what it’s worth.....
This is a diddy from the web....

Never pre-load syringes prior to an injection. This is a common practice that should never be done, if only for a matter of 2 – 3 minutes. The pre-loading of syringes is a very dangerous practice, as there exist solvents and co-solvents (such as Benzyl Alcohol and Benzyl Benzoate) within the anabolic steroid solution that will slowly eat away at the plastics and rubber plunger and chemically melt them. Individuals who pre-load syringes for longer periods than 2 – 3 minutes risk injecting toxic plastic and rubber particulate matter that has dissolved into the oil or water solution into themselves. The result is a risk of infectious or sterile abscesses, alongside a myriad of other long-term health problems resultant of the plastic and rubber particulate injected.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I’m not so sure about the 2-3 minutes theory but there it is

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Benzyl alcohol etc, as in pure BA ie not diluted to 2% by oils, is sold commercially in plastic bottles. Some places do ship it in glass containers, but plenty store it in plastic.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Benzyl alcohol etc, as in pure BA ie not diluted to 2% by oils, is sold commercially in plastic bottles. Some places do ship it in glass containers, but plenty store it in plastic.
This is true, but the coating inside a storage bottle is different than a non coated syringe, and the rubber plunger

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is true, but the coating inside a storage bottle is different than a non coated syringe, and the rubber plunger

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly, at this point I probably am more boomer than millennial... Or whatever is 30 whatever's are
Idk ... I'm 34 and I count myself as a millennial ... You would have to be 40+ in order to be gen X ...

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t pre load syringes but mainly because it just doesn’t take long to fill anyway.....

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A side note: great valuable info here for many of us likely to be trt 'patients'. Thanks for sharing gents and a great thread @Whisky !

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont see why the rubber should be in contact with the contents, if there is air in the syringe.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I dont see why the rubber should be in contact with the contents, if there is air in the syringe.
Can you pull liquid from a vial without it touching the rubber?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I back loaded it would be in there for less than a minute.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about the rubber that is the top of the vial? Is that just magic rubber?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about the rubber that is the top of the vial? Is that just magic rubber?
If a magician can pull a rabbit from a hat, I think you can pul a bit of oil from a vial. Don't be such a pussy bro.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If a magician can pull a rabbit from a hat, I think you can pul a bit of oil from a vial. Don't be such a pussy bro.
Yeah my point is that the oil is in a vial with a rubber top anyway so I don’t see it by the plunger suddenly becomes an issue. I preload my week worth of syringes on Sunday night to make my life easier

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah my point is that the oil is in a vial with a rubber top anyway so I don’t see it by the plunger suddenly becomes an issue. I preload my week worth of syringes on Sunday night to make my life easier
I was joking, ... actually ...

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm happy to backload any of you guize without using a rubber.

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
For what it’s worth.....
This is a diddy from the web....

Never pre-load syringes prior to an injection. This is a common practice that should never be done, if only for a matter of 2 – 3 minutes. The pre-loading of syringes is a very dangerous practice, as there exist solvents and co-solvents (such as Benzyl Alcohol and Benzyl Benzoate) within the anabolic steroid solution that will slowly eat away at the plastics and rubber plunger and chemically melt them. Individuals who pre-load syringes for longer periods than 2 – 3 minutes risk injecting toxic plastic and rubber particulate matter that has dissolved into the oil or water solution into themselves. The result is a risk of infectious or sterile abscesses, alongside a myriad of other long-term health problems resultant of the plastic and rubber particulate injected.
Where is this from? Genuinely curious as I do this all time.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Humbl3 Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Minus the sassyness, I do know for a fact that BD basically has a DO NOT PRE LOAD OUR SYRINGES going on due to the rubber fucking with medication... I see no reason that BD isn't basically identical to every other syringe manufacturer
Interesting ??

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Where is this from? Genuinely curious as I do this all time.
I don’t have that exact link for the paragraph that I quoted but there plenty of articles and links of info on line that say why we should not be pre-loading our syringe.....
I am not pro nor con on this habit .
I simply don’t preload my gear to be safer.

Reactions: Nac

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t have that exact link for the paragraph that I quoted but there plenty of articles and links of info on line that say why we should not be pre-loading our syringe.....
I am not pro nor con on this habit .
I simply don’t preload my gear to be safer.
All I can find is people claiming that storing gear in a syringe is not sterile.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All I can find is people claiming that storing gear in a syringe is not sterile.
The sterility has been proven false via an actual study on the subject. My concern is the degradation of the rubber and it's interaction with the meds, which has also been proven and BD has issued an alert to not preload their syringes

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I googled "BD prefilled syringes alert" and on the first page was a study showing that preloading syringes posed no safety or potency risk...can someone post some legit links to BDs recommendations? I cant find sh1t on their site.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I googled "BD prefilled syringes alert" and on the first page was a study showing that preloading syringes posed no safety or potency risk...can someone post some legit links to BDs recommendations? I cant find sh1t on their site.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. So it looks like BD and the FDA are recommending syringes not be used as storage containers because...longterm storage hasn't been specifically tested.

Personally, my only vested interest in this topic is the preloading I do for convenience sake when I go on holiday, domestically, away from my home. The longest period would be a week. I haven't noticed any degradation of syringes/stoppers in this time. In the absence of any decent evidence showing degradation over 1-2 week periods, this looks little more than scaremongering paranoia to me, well intended as it may be.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So a few minutes will be fine.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks. So it looks like BD and the FDA are recommending syringes not be used as storage containers because...longterm storage hasn't been specifically tested.

Personally, my only vested interest in this topic is the preloading I do for convenience sake when I go on holiday, domestically, away from my home. The longest period would be a week. I haven't noticed any degradation of syringes/stoppers in this time. In the absence of any decent evidence showing degradation over 1-2 week periods, this looks little more than scaremongering paranoia to me, well intended as it may be.
yeah that’s how I read that. There was some concern over decreased potency of some meds but when the FDA are saying not to use it if stored UNLESS no viable alternative you know they can’t be that concerned.

i don’t do it anyway but I don’t think there’s any major reason for concern for those who do, the safe option appears to be not preloading excessively or at all though.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm trying to find ANY study showing contamination or degradation of preloaded syringes...this study pretty much sums up what I'm coming across:

"3 mL syringes and stored at temperatures between -20 degrees C and + 25 degrees C for periods from 6 hours to 30 days. The syringes were examined for any gross changes. Drug solutions were analyzed after storage to determine the presence of organic leachates from the syringes and any change from original drug concentration values. No syringes showed gross physical changes after storage with drug solution nor were any drug solutions found to contain leachates on gas chromatographic-mass spectroscopic analysis"

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How do ya'll cap the prefilled syringes though? Do you just use the plastic cap that comes with the needle that isnt airtight?

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Personally, my only vested interest in this topic is the preloading I do for convenience sake when I go on holiday, domestically, away from my home. The longest period would be a week. I haven't noticed any degradation of syringes/stoppers in this time. In the absence of any decent evidence showing degradation over 1-2 weeks, this looks little more than scaremongering paranoia to me.
Not trying to scare monger anyone, just giving information provided by the people that make and govern these things, and they did test and showed the rubber interacting with many drugs... Anyways, doesn't really matter, y'all can do what you want, it doesn't affect me

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I remember back in my high school days, we used to hop the border and go to Tijuana and get those Sostenon 250 pre-loaded syringes. They've definitely been there on the farmacia shelf for longer than a month, never an issue.

brings back good memories...those donkey shows were something else and the women.......damn....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I remember back in my high school days, we used to hop the border and go to Tijuana and get those Sostenon 250 pre-loaded syringes. They've definitely been there on the farmacia shelf for longer than a month, never an issue.

brings back good memories...those donkey shows were something else and the women.......damn....
I have read about those days..................

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Damn, you saying what I think you're saying?
I recall in the early years of the internet the women and a horse videos on bangedup.com were some of the most watched

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recall in the early years of the internet the women and a horse videos on bangedup.com were some of the most watched
I don't want to see that !!

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I kinda understood he saw that in person. It's one thing to see it in video ...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Didn't read all the posts yet so my bad if it's been mentioned, but I've read a few times that certain carrier oils you should not preload because it can deteriorate the rubber in the syringe and you could inject those rubber particles into yourself. Mct oil is definitely one of the carriers that can do this and a lot of ugl use mct these days

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm all caught up now, I regret reading the last few posts tho you sick fuckos

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I dont understand how any1 can have problems with scar tissue. Theres ppl out there injecting 10+ times a week with gear plus however many extra shots for gh, slin, peptides ect. Guys doing stuff like this on and off for 20-30 years. One of the guys I know, is a big mofo on a lot of **** and one of his cycles probably has 3x the amount of injecting I do in a year or 2. My point being is that if the bodybuilders and powerlifters that been cycling for 20, 30 years aren't running out of places to inject and there muscles aren't nothing but scar tissue then I doubt 99.9999% of ppl gonna get enough scar tissue to cross that muscle off the injection sight list