I'm getting realllly confused with diet/calories right hurr

S

Swelly

Awards
Well, I'm a retard and get confused as **** when it comes to slapping this diet in the face and breaking its back aka getting on track with it.

Soo Right now the diets looking something like this-

Bfast-900am--usaully an omelet which is 3 whole eggs,vegetables and flax

11am- slices of turkey w spinach/broccoli

2-3pm- either 2 ozs of almonds (about 300 cals) or another salad

workout-4pm

pwo (5-6 and usually dinner) turkey/chicken/bison and whole grain bread to get some extra carbs in since I barely get any during day and another protein shake

8-9-peanut butter and flax

9-11 pm-usually more PB/could be something else that is fat/protein or maybe some cottage cheese.

I also take fish oil in the AM along with leviathan , Im getting xtend in the mail this week as well

so heres the problem....Im a small son of a gun, 5'5 and now hovering around 140 after the ****load of water I've been drinking. I don't want to bulk yet because I can only see about 2 of my abs and I really want to see them all before I gain some serious size. I'm naturally stocky (built like a little damn ox) and my upper body/ traps/ arms are built. The real problem though is that I also don't want to be skinny as hell with no muscle after dieting like this.

I am aware that you guys can't figure out my cals just by looking at the food I eat, but I'm trying to do a sort of recomp here and I'm wondering if this seems ok? should I be eating more? My BMR is somewhere around 2500-2800 (with activity taken into consideration) So I'm thinking right now of just really upping my portions, continuing with the same food groups and using 4 caps a day of the LR. Hopefully this will help with a smooth transition to abs world as well as a basic foundation to start gaining some muscle once I see them by simply stopping LR and upping cals a little bit more.

I do 5 days a week, abs work 2-3 times, and HIIT 2 times and the occasional LISS...

I just need some damn input cuz my head is swarming like crazy trying to get this all on tap here.

I probably sound all over the place, and that is simply because- I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Thanks a helluva lot

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
off the bat id say you could use more protein: 3 eggs - 18 g, slices of turkey is like 5 g per slice so unless your eating like 8 or ten of them...., and then you eat dinner, and those are the are the only times ur really getting direct sources of complete protiens. you need more IMO

also add some carbs to meal 1.

S

Swelly

Awards
okay thats not bad at all...I can do that, money wise it sucks cuz I'll be mowing through food. I was trying to keep carbs low but I guess its cool to eat maybe some wheat toast in the AM? Also whats a good idea to throw in some protein throughout the day? I need to get as close to 140 as possible I'm guessing.

thanks alot by the way

wow....by the looks of it after doing some math +fitday.com I am truly not getting enough calories, I feel fine all the time but it seems as though I am barely hitting 2000, not sure how thats possible but it seems like I'm starving myself. guess its time to really up the portions damn! How the hell am I supposed to eat in surplus once I start gaining

panmerc

panmerc

Awards
Eggs and tuna are good cheap sources for protien. Yeah you should be trying to get 1g of protein per body pound.

Trying to cut calories will just take some time to adjust to. Personaly, I dont go from eating 3000 calories a day to 2000 calroies. I drop my cals by about 250 a week. E.g. 3000 to 2750 2500 2250 2000 etc. That may help if your just looking to lose some weight and not prepping for a contest.

To help you feel full you can try drinking a large glass of water before you eat and top off your meal with fresh veggies. Most dont have enough cals to count for anything.

S

Swelly

Awards
the thing is i am pretty damn lean by now, the remaining fat is truly just on the lower stomach with a little bit there and a little around the obliques. I don't need to drop much weight or ill be light as hell, i now think I'm not eating ENOUGH

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
yeah from the sounds of things u should start working on growing. Take the next 6 - 8 months to put on some size, and then worry about cutting the fat later.

whole wheat toast is.. decent, old fashioned oatmeal would be a better choice.

gotta eat big to get big!!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah from the sounds of things u should start working on growing. Take the next 6 - 8 months to put on some size, and then worry about cutting the fat later.

whole wheat toast is.. decent, old fashioned oatmeal would be a better choice.

gotta eat big to get big!!
I agree. You may not have much fat on you, but you have barely any muscle at 140 lb. Recomping or even bulking would be a good way to go for you at this point. And 2000 calories a day isn't going to do that.

Have you looked into Carb Cycling? It is a great method that I have used for Recomping.

And fruit and oatmeal would definitely be better for you than toast.

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
why does everyone always try to make people get bigger when their goal ( no matter how light they are ) is to get cut? READ WHAT HE SAID

stop trying to make him do what YOU want him to do.

''I don't want to bulk yet because I can only see about 2 of my abs and I really want to see them all before I gain some serious size.''

it sounds like he needs to do a keto diet. this way he will get shredded, gain some strength,and add a few pounds of muscle, then after he has done this he can bulk up.

after he gets to 11% BF he can bulk up and gain a few % of body fat and some muscle. it sounds like he is already at around 16% bodyfat . if he bulks he will be fat and rounded off with size at around 20%. this is not ideal, especially since fat is estrogenic in nature and will hurt his gains.

cliff's notes :

google/search CKD
get size after you've gotten rid of fat

ccapone1153

ccapone1153

Awards
  • Established
it sounds like he is already at around 16% bodyfat .
based on what? the fact that he can only see the top two abs? thats a pretty hard guess to make. How well your abs show depends on a ton of different factors such as what youve been eatin, time of day, hydration, soduim intake...

U have no idea. Neither do i.

BUT

Swelly, you should get your bodyfat tested to see where you are at. Your local gym should have calipers that a trainer could use to measure you. if you are 15 or higher cut to single digits, if you are 10 or less bulk up!

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i based that assumption on the fact that he is 5'5'' and 140, AND he can only see his top two abs.

in any case, i am glad you conceded that he needs to be around 11 percent before he bulks. - that is what really matters.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol when I first read the first post I thought you said "im getting xtenze" the enlargement pills haha, probably not many calories in those :)