I'm about to incorperate some constant tension...

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been doin just straight up heavy lifts lately, and I found this article when reading about kaatsu training.

http www tmuscle.com/readArticle.do?id=1641547
Stimulate More Muscle Growth

I'm gunna give it a shot, any thoughts?

Sorry i cant post a proper link yet.. under 50 posts :\

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
are you talking about extreme threshhold radical hypertrophy ?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Idk what that is really, but the example he gives is for a chest day is :

A. Decline bench press

4-5 x 4-6 reps
90-120 seconds of rest

B. Incline dumbbell press

3 x 8-10 reps
75 seconds of rest

C. Cable crossover or lying crossover

3 x 12-15 reps
60 seconds of rest

D. Squeeze press (pressing the dumbbells together as you simultaneously lift them)

3 x 8-12 using a 303 tempo
45 seconds of rest

The important thing that sparked my interest was keeping your muscles fully contracted thru the whole lift

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
nah i dont think this is what i thought it was, sounds cool though

Sweekaters

Awards
I really wouldn't screw around with any of these crazy training methods unless you are well past the beginner / intermediate phase.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well idk what you consider begginer or intermediate. Sorry I'm not 200+lbs, but I'd say I'm experienced.

Edit: if theres any confusion, I'm not doing Kaatsu

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
hey kronic you should check out my log on hyper trop x and alpha t2 over in the sup review / log section bro,

Sweekaters

Awards
Well idk what you consider begginer or intermediate. Sorry I'm not 200+lbs, but I'd say I'm experienced.
Considering this is on tmuscle, it's most likely bile they put out to try and keep readers anyway. They come out with a new workout program every week, the best thing is to just stick with the basics and not get lured in by over-worded mumbo jumbo programming.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
Considering this is on tmuscle, it's most likely bile they put out to try and keep readers anyway. They come out with a new workout program every week, the best thing is to just stick with the basics and not get lured in by over-worded mumbo jumbo programming.
agreed i attempted the extreme threshhold radical hypertrophy program they spat out and i actually got better results with 5 sets of 5 i mean you cant knock hypertrophy training because that does work but wrapping hyper trophy in a neat ribbon with some increased weights doesnt scream success to me, the best thing is find something that fits you

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok well I was reading that keeping your muscles always fully flexed restricts the blood flow in a similar fashion as the kaatsu training..

So what if i keep my heavy low rep lifts except I just keep full contraction always.

Example on bench: Never fully extend your arms, and come like 1/4 inch away from my chest before goin back up?

Sweekaters

Awards
Ok well I was reading that keeping your muscles always fully flexed restricts the blood flow in a similar fashion as the kaatsu training..

So what if i keep my heavy low rep lifts except I just keep full contraction always.

Example on bench: Never fully extend your arms, and come like 1/4 inch away from my chest before goin back up?
That's basically the time under tension principle. If you try training that way, try dividing your sets by number of seconds under the bar instead of reps. EG, do 3 sets of 40 seconds instead of 3 sets of 15 reps. It's a fun principle to try, but stick to the basics.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's basically the time under tension principle. If you try training that way, try dividing your sets by number of seconds under the bar instead of reps. EG, do 3 sets of 40 seconds instead of 3 sets of 15 reps. It's a fun principle to try, but stick to the basics.
Count to 40? U crazy? I can only count to 5! I dont think itd be quite the same thing though, because I'll still be tryin to explode on my way up and be goin at the same rate as my normal lifting, just cutting off like 5% of the ROM

Sweekaters

Awards
It doesn't matter if you explode or not, just stay under the bar for 25-45 seconds. Try it.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
when i go heavy i do like semi full extension three reps then full the forth, i feel the pump go through my chest more than my arms that supports the weight when i go semi full

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I looked up time under tension, sounds bad. Found some site with a super homo looking dude with star tattoos on him and under it said that it was bad.

www criticalbench.com/time_under_tension_muscle.htm

Sweekaters

Awards
Dave Tate, a much more reputable source, talking about time under tension.
w ww.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/my_greatest_gains_ever_dave_tate
w ww.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2793

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dave Tate, a much more reputable source, talking about time under tension.
w ww.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/my_greatest_gains_ever_dave_tate
w ww.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=370&pid=2793
First link is 404, second link is a page with tons of links and bb pics but nothin else...

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i never heard a bad thing about TUT. i actually use it all the time. search it on here i believe there are some logs

biggerthantex

biggerthantex

Awards
you want constant tension. incorporate resistance bands on 2 of each of your body part exercises

CJPopovich

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like something I'd fool around with on an accessory movement. Stick to the basics if you're a beginner.