Im 16 and think I have thyroid/adrenal problems. Please help

7hebigbeas7

Awards
I have always noticed whether I was young or now, that it was always hard to lose weight. I was never obese or anything like that, but I've always had stomach fat. When I started lifting, I tried cutting weight but i wouldn't lose much weight. I got on this weight loss supplement called cellucor t7 and I got leaner faster then I ever had. Once I got off it though, I bulked again and gained it back. Ever since, I sweat easily now and have a slower metabolism. I seem to gain fat very extremely easily if I make a mistake on my diet. I also believe my adrenal glands have something to do with it considering Im always tired even when I get enough sleep. Maybe all the pre workout supplements ruined my adrenal glands or flared up an existing problem I was unaware of. If you're taking the time to read this, I appreciate and want you to know I'm not some average teen who eats fast food and chips. I honestly have a great diet! Which makes me wonder why I stopped gaining a lot of muscle and am fatter though. What should I do? I thought maybe I have low testosterone too. I have all the normal features except I don't shave my face. What is wrong with me? I know your no certified health professional, but I would greatly appreciate others opinions! Thanks

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have always noticed whether I was young or now, that it was always hard to lose weight. I was never obese or anything like that, but I've always had stomach fat. When I started lifting, I tried cutting weight but i wouldn't lose much weight. I got on this weight loss supplement called cellucor t7 and I got leaner faster then I ever had. Once I got off it though, I bulked again and gained it back. Ever since, I sweat easily now and have a slower metabolism. I seem to gain fat very extremely easily if I make a mistake on my diet. I also believe my adrenal glands have something to do with it considering Im always tired even when I get enough sleep. Maybe all the pre workout supplements ruined my adrenal glands or flared up an existing problem I was unaware of. If you're taking the time to read this, I appreciate and want you to know I'm not some average teen who eats fast food and chips. I honestly have a great diet! Which makes me wonder why I stopped gaining a lot of muscle and am fatter though. What should I do? I thought maybe I have low testosterone too. I have all the normal features except I don't shave my face. What is wrong with me? I know your no certified health professional, but I would greatly appreciate others opinions! Thanks
How long ago did you take the t7? Its possible you rebounded off of it (it contains thyroid suppressing compounds) and gained fat back that you lost while on it.

Give us a rundown of your diet, training, etc.

Although it may be possible that you have a hormonal problem, you'll never know until you get blood tests by your physician. When you say you have trouble losing stomach fat, how much fat are we talking? Anyone in the natural bodybuilding section will tell you how difficult it is to lose the last bit of fat during contest prep, so hopefully you're keeping your sights within the realm of reality.

Some individuals just naturally have a harder time cutting down than others, so i wouldnt necessarily put that aspect down to any hormonal imbalance just yet. When i was your age i was tired all the time too, you're still young and developing so your body needs all the rest it can get. I remember sleeping for 10-12 hours straight and hating the person that woke me up, lol.

Gaining muscle is a life long commitment, you're 16 so i doubt you have trained long enough to say "I stopped gaining muscle and got fatter, must be my testosterone!".

If you honestly feel that terrible, see a doctor, thats really the only way you'll find the answers to your questions.

OJay

OJay

Awards
When you stopped taking did you just jump into the bulk or gradually? As said maybe rebounded as body was in depleted starvation mode then made the most of it, I done this after my first bb comp took ages to lose again the next year body was completely shut down, adrenal override!

I took about two weeks off everything training and cardio, kept diet clean, derided from stims even as much as caffeine in tea and coffee and also cleansed my colon and digestive tract, complete reset and worked ok after

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
1) What is this great diet you speak of?
2) Why are you asking us rather than consulting a trained healthcare professional? We can only speculate, which will probably lead to more problems (assuming you have problems).

7hebigbeas7

Awards
How long ago did you take the t7? Its possible you rebounded off of it (it contains thyroid suppressing compounds) and gained fat back that you lost while on it.Give us a rundown of your diet, training, etc.Although it may be possible that you have a hormonal problem, you'll never know until you get blood tests by your physician. When you say you have trouble losing stomach fat, how much fat are we talking? Anyone in the natural bodybuilding section will tell you how difficult it is to lose the last bit of fat during contest prep, so hopefully you're keeping your sights within the realm of reality. Some individuals just naturally have a harder time cutting down than others, so i wouldnt necessarily put that aspect down to any hormonal imbalance just yet. When i was your age i was tired all the time too, you're still young and developing so your body needs all the rest it can get. I remember sleeping for 10-12 hours straight and hating the person that woke me up, lol.Gaining muscle is a life long commitment, you're 16 so i doubt you have trained long enough to say "I stopped gaining muscle and got fatter, must be my testosterone!". If you honestly feel that terrible, see a doctor, thats really the only way you'll find the answers to your questions.
Well, when I get up and eat, I have ezekial cerial and chicken breast. Lunch is ezekial sandwich with chicken and mustard. When I get home, I'll have some tuna or chicken and brown rice with almonds. Dinner I'll have any lean protein like steak with my last carb meal and some good fats. Last meal is a chicken salad(no dressings or anything). I know I was doing something right because a year ago, I blew up in muscle and got huge arms and round shoulders. As the year progressed, I got overly stressed from school and pretty sure got gyno cuz of that(always stressed either about ass holes or tests and grades). As the school year went on, I maintained a higher bodyfat but lost a lot of gains. I wasn't eating too much or less. I tried eating more but I gained fat fast from it. I then lowered calories and didnt gain fat but lost tons of muscle. I'm stronger then I was when I was bigger in muscle, but I'm smaller with a high bodyfat I'd say. I know your know doctor, but please give me ur input. Btw, I thought I had kidney problems because I got real foamy pee. Doc said I didn't. I find that odd though. I get around 150-200g protein daily. My point is that I've had the same diet but lost muscle and added fat!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, when I get up and eat, I have ezekial cerial and chicken breast. Lunch is ezekial sandwich with chicken and mustard. When I get home, I'll have some tuna or chicken and brown rice with almonds. Dinner I'll have any lean protein like steak with my last carb meal and some good fats. Last meal is a chicken salad(no dressings or anything). I know I was doing something right because a year ago, I blew up in muscle and got huge arms and round shoulders. As the year progressed, I got overly stressed from school and pretty sure got gyno cuz of that(always stressed either about ass holes or tests and grades). As the school year went on, I maintained a higher bodyfat but lost a lot of gains. I wasn't eating too much or less. I tried eating more but I gained fat fast from it. I then lowered calories and didnt gain fat but lost tons of muscle. I'm stronger then I was when I was bigger in muscle, but I'm smaller with a high bodyfat I'd say. I know your know doctor, but please give me ur input. Btw, I thought I had kidney problems because I got real foamy pee. Doc said I didn't. I find that odd though. I get around 150-200g protein daily. My point is that I've had the same diet but lost muscle and added fat!
You sort of sound like you're a hypochondriac to me. In the beginning you probably had what we like to call "noob gains". This is when the sudden addition of training and better eating to your lifestyle causes immediate physique alteration, which quickly ceases with continued training. I'm sure you didnt just up and lose muscle and gain fat. You probably just got stressed out, subconsciously ate more, and then put a little fat over your muscles. In some instances this can actually make you look smaller than you are.

You're 16, theres no real reason to be that stressed out. Just take a chill pill, because cortisol is a pretty nasty hormone, and if you let it take control of your life you will be hurting your physique goals. If you want a more definitive answer, go see a doctor. I can only speculate, but based on the collected information you just sound like you worry too much.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
You sort of sound like you're a hypochondriac to me. In the beginning you probably had what we like to call "noob gains". This is when the sudden addition of training and better eating to your lifestyle causes immediate physique alteration, which quickly ceases with continued training. I'm sure you didnt just up and lose muscle and gain fat. You probably just got stressed out, subconsciously ate more, and then put a little fat over your muscles. In some instances this can actually make you look smaller than you are.You're 16, theres no real reason to be that stressed out. Just take a chill pill, because cortisol is a pretty nasty hormone, and if you let it take control of your life you will be hurting your physique goals. If you want a more definitive answer, go see a doctor. I can only speculate, but based on the collected information you just sound like you worry too much.
Maybe. Thanks for the advice though

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please stop thinking you have all these diseases. Go see a doctor and get a checkup/bloodwork. Your just going to ruin yourself psychologically if you continue to play guessing games w/ your health.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
Please stop thinking you have all these diseases. Go see a doctor and get a checkup/bloodwork. Your just going to ruin yourself psychologically if you continue to play guessing games w/ your health.
But I do have these symptoms of thyroid/ adrenal fatigue!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But I do have these symptoms of thyroid/ adrenal fatigue!
Adrenal fatigue is witchcraft, there is no evidence you get that from a fat burner. The type of fatigue you get from stims is entirely something else.

Just tell your doctor what happened, how you feel and he will handle you appropriately, but your guessing of illnesses are way off.

When it comes to dieting, losing weight off is far easier than keeping it off. As you drop bodyfat, your leptin levels decrease and your metabolism will naturally go downhill and slow down. This is where hours of studying and knowledge about dieting and training take play, and it takes years to master the art of dieting properly with long term success.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No offense here, and Im not kidding, but I just checked you post history and what I think you need to do is see a psychologist

Do I have kidney problems? Please help. I'm only 15
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/176957-do-i-have.html#post2899719.

I have been having this for almost a year. I have to go pee more often and when I do go, I get bubbly urine. It all started when I started taking dietary supplements such as creatine when I was 14. I'm now almost 16 and pondering what I should do. I will most likely have my kidneys checked in 2 months.
Well. My docter got back with me and apparently my blood creatine levels and amino levels etc. are normal. So is it safe to say I don't have kidney problems? Tell me your alls opinion.
And you bought up these adrenal issues in the past

Do I have an adrenal gland problem? Plz help. I'm kinda scared.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/174812-do-i-have.html

I noticed symptoms such as fatigue, wasting of arms if I don't eat enough, bad memory, high stress, high blood pressure. This started ever since I started lifting weights( once I gained a considerable ammount of fat). I used to get good blood flow to muscles, now I don't. I find it hard to sleep at night. I also fall asleep after I workout. I don't want to go the docter cuz I'm scared of what the results will be. What do you guys think? I'm 16 btw. Idk if this could be part of the problem, but I've been take pw supps since age 14. What should I do? I hate going to the docter.

7hebigbeas7

Awards
Adrenal fatigue is witchcraft, there is no evidence you get that from a fat burner. The type of fatigue you get from stims is entirely something else.Just tell your doctor what happened, how you feel and he will handle you appropriately, but your guessing of illnesses are way off.When it comes to dieting, losing weight off is far easier than keeping it off. As you drop bodyfat, your leptin levels decrease and your metabolism will naturally go downhill and slow down. This is where hours of studying and knowledge about dieting and training take play, and it takes years to master the art of dieting properly with long term success.
I took so many preworkouts it's not even funny. I know these supplements had some kind of negative impact on my body. I felt different before taking that stuff. The kidney thing was serious too because kidney problems run in my family along with diabetes and thyroid issues. I'm pretty sure I know my body better then anyone else, so how would I be making **** up? I used to not get as tired after school or working out. I used to eat whatever I want and not gain weight.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure I know my body better then anyone else, so how would I be making **** up? I used to not get as tired after school or working out. I used to eat whatever I want and not gain weight.
This is where you are 100% wrong, a doctor and bloodwork know your body better than you. If you know your body so well why are you even going online asking strangers advice about whats going on with your body?