If you want to keep you liver and kidneys in good shape, schizandra is a very good pr

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Been taking for years. I loved the original reset ad. It was in there. It's very good for you. It does make me lose weight also. It very inexpensive and it works good, with no side effects. Also I've given it to my dogs, as I saw the improvement in myself. Just thought you could use it, for the things mentioned on here. I don't take the juice or whatever you guys call it. Never had a problem with men that take it. Actually some boyfriends, I preferred they take it. I have dated professionals in mma, so I am familiar with the need also. Schizandra fruit is a very good product.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Schisandra is pretty nice. There isn't much research on it here, but there are a ton of old Russian studies on it, showing improvements in endurance, physical and mental performance, alertness, fatigue, etc.

One thing to be aware of is that most extracts standardized for schisandrins are according to UV, not HPLC. UV readings are often 2-3x higher than HPLC, so a 9% UV may only be around 3% HPLC or so. HPLC extracts are more expensive, but allow for more accurate dosing.

Studies tend to use 5-20mg schisandrins. It also goes well with rhodiola (another awesome adaptogen) and Eleuthero.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
If you want to keep you liver and kidneys in good shape, schizandra is a very...

It works good by itself also. Natures way makes a good one. I used to use 2 capsules but I use one. Two relaxes me, so I use one. Rhodiola is very unpredictable in my opinion .

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It works good by itself also. Natures way makes a good one. I used to use 2 capsules but I use one. Two relaxes me, so I use one. Rhodiola is very unpredictable in my opinion .
It's also good for horses. There are some very promising studies showing it can improve race time, endurance, and recovery in horses. I actually tested it on a dressage horse and was quite pleased with it!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What did you find unpredictable about Rhodiola?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I do like schisandra for its its many potential benefits.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
What did you find unpredictable about Rhodiola?
Some days it relaxed me, others energized me. Could have been what I was stacking it with, but when I upped and lowered the dose, it was rhodiola doing it.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
It's totally safe for dogs. I used for many years on my dogs, even when they had cancer.,

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do like schisandra for its its many potential benefits.
Old post! lol
What brand? Looking into Schisandra for its Estrogen/hormone balance and other benefits.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Old post! lol
What brand? Looking into Schisandra for its Estrogen/hormone balance and other benefits.
Swanson sells a 9% standardized extract. Just be conscious of the extract when looking as a lot are not standardized and broad spectrum.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Old post! lol
I think Bulk Supplements has a powder that gets good reviews. Don’t recall if they state an extract percentage though.