How to keep water weight down

_the_strategy_

_the_strategy_

Awards
I've been on TRT for over a year, and the water retention is awful. I see it in my face mostly, even when I lean down, my face is still round and gross.

Are there compounds I should be asking my doc for specifically, or something I should be supplementing to try and drain water weight?

I just don't want to look like the fucking Michelin man all the time.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are natural diuretic supps that may help. Are you overweight? If fat percentage is quite high then that will also contribute. You could also eat a low carb diet to help drop some water weight.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been on TRT for over a year, and the water retention is awful. I see it in my face mostly, even when I lean down, my face is still round and gross.

Are there compounds I should be asking my doc for specifically, or something I should be supplementing to try and drain water weight?

I just don't want to look like the fucking Michelin man all the time.
Your Dr doesn't have you on an AI?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Something like telemasartan. If estrogen is controlled and your retaining water still I'd go for that. Or, I don't know anything about you particularly but I've had ppl tell me they hold water on this or that and then they send pictures and there over 20%bf which also means the diet is crap and those can be culprits.

If your abs are not visible and you think your holding a lot of water then step one is fix tge diet and cut some weight/fat.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Step #1
Bloodwork..it usually can point you in the Right direction..
Z...

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
1)make sure estrogen is within range
2) a concept most don’t understand is water intake. The more water you drink the less you hold. To a certain extend.
someone who only drink 2L is much more likely to hold water than someone who drinks 4-6L.
Also, proper sodium intake will help, pink salt in your clean meals.

3) more often than not people have **** and or very inconsistant diets. This can be a cause.

4) the higher your body fat, the more water you’ll hold.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
3) more often than not people have **** and or very inconsistant diets. This can be a cause.
I think this one of the biggest issues. Keeping a consistent diet lets your body adjust and baseline in my opinion. I pretty much each the same foods every day for each meal. Helps keep my digestion in check as well.