If you have ever injected yourself...LOOK HERE

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I found this pic on my hard drive that Ive had for years....Its pretty amazing to say the least....

I want all you "new" guys to understand something about injections and protocol....The first stick is through the rubber stopper...if you're mixing two items together (like test and deca maybe), then you're going to be making TWO sticks through rubber stoppers...So it would actually be the THIRD stick going into your delt/quad/glute, etc...

I hope you guys dont to that. Pins are cheap. Abcesses arent.

holy

Attachments

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive seen that. Its stuck in my brain. I never have used a needle twice back when i used to. I even drew with a different needle than i stuck with.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would recommend using a completely seperate needle for the IM injections specifically. The membrane stopper is going to damage the needle bevel no matter what you do, or how careful you are.

Using VERY good aseptic and injection technique is paramount when doing injections. You're also right in that abscesses aren't cheap, and can develop into a potentially severe problem.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
ive seen that. Its stuck in my brain. I never have used a needle twice back when i used to. I even drew with a different needle than i stuck with.
One to draw with and one to stick with....thats my theory too...

holy

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
What about insulin syringes where you can't switch the needle?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I can only imagine what an insulin pin looks like after going through the rubber stopper on the bac stat vial, and then the one on the one from the kit....

holy

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
wow holy thanks! when i was a teen and did test for the first time, pins were hard to come by. i used to use them 4 or 5 times without thinking twice. i got lucky in more ways than one.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
18g to draw and 25 to inject. That should be the way its done ALWAYS! Of course, you can pick what gauge to use, but I like 25g personally.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I say 20-23 to draw.. That way there's less chance of knockin' a chunk of the stopper down into the vial.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully this shines the spotlight a little more on the actual inject, as I see some pretty basic misinformation sometimes regarding them...

holy

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I say 20-23 to draw.. That way there's less chance of knockin' a chunk of the stopper down into the vial.
Yeah, that could be a problem as it just happened to me not too long ago. I ended up wasting half a C because I didn't want to risk pulling it into the plunger. Gotta be careful with that stuff.