IF you have a high metabolism, counting calories is a joke

QUADMONSTER

Banned
So I have a very high metabolism. I am currently bulking and since I got a little more relaxed with counting macros and calories, my gains have never been better. Ive been eating the same foods for almost a year now so I know what is in what and so forth. My routine is pretty much the same every single day and every few days I will throw in some pizza or a nice homemade double cheeseburger loaded with all the good stuff such as bacon and sweet potato fries on the side.

I honestly think that once you learn what are in what foods, you can be way more relaxed on a bulk than when you are cutting. Just ****in eat good foods and have whatever the **** you want to every few days. Eat some of your favorite Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

I know for a fact that if I was to be eating chicken and broccoli and that's it, my gains wouldn't have been as good as they are right now. Im also gaining about 3/4 of a pound per week at most. Now when you are cutting its different.
 
Getting to know what works for your body is half the battle. Don't you think? Good job on the progress
 
Yeah Ive been changing it up a little and its working! Mark you are 100 % right when you say that you have to learn what works the best for you as an individual. For me counting every little macro on a bulk is silly.
 
Yeah Ive been changing it up a little and its working! Mark you are 100 % right when you say that you have to learn what works the best for you as an individual. For me counting every little macro on a bulk is silly.

My primary focus is plenty of protein. I have to specifically plan snacks and such when bulking. I don't have much desire for food (helps when cutting). I got a good idea at what to eat and when so that I bulk. I haven't used any supplements to help though (except creatine and whey/casein protein). I am in for the ride. I have learned that certain pre-workout drinks and fat burners don't help me. I have been introduced to so much more through AM community.
 
So I have a very high metabolism. I am currently bulking and since I got a little more relaxed with counting macros and calories, my gains have never been better. Ive been eating the same foods for almost a year now so I know what is in what and so forth. My routine is pretty much the same every single day and every few days I will throw in some pizza or a nice homemade double cheeseburger loaded with all the good stuff such as bacon and sweet potato fries on the side.

I honestly think that once you learn what are in what foods, you can be way more relaxed on a bulk than when you are cutting. Just ****in eat good foods and have whatever the **** you want to every few days. Eat some of your favorite Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.

I know for a fact that if I was to be eating chicken and broccoli and that's it, my gains wouldn't have been as good as they are right now. Im also gaining about 3/4 of a pound per week at most. Now when you are cutting its different.

This doesn't make sense.

A TDEE calculator gives only a generic, formula based number to serve as a starting point. If in a week progress stops or is going to fast, you adjust calories accordingly. Having a "fast metabolism" does not mean you shouldnt track calories. People suck at estimating calorie intake and often under report.

And counting calories has zero to do wkth what you eat. You get so many topics mixed within your posts im not even sure you understand even the most basic of concepts
 
Oh trust me I know what I am doing. Best gains ever since I didn't count every little macro per day and started throwing cheat meals in. I do know how many calories I eat per day. Roughly 4500 per day give or take a hundred. I am making solid gains and I am going to stick to what is working.

My point of the matter is that on a bulk you do not have to be as anal about counting macros as you do on a cut. Just my opinion.
 
Oh trust me I know what I am doing. Best gains ever since I didn't count every little macro per day and started throwing cheat meals in. I do know how many calories I eat per day. Roughly 4500 per day give or take a hundred. I am making solid gains and I am going to stick to what is working.

My point of the matter is that on a bulk you do not have to be as anal about counting macros as you do on a cut. Just my opinion.

As with everything, it depends. Those who put on fat more readily will benefit from counting calories as they can limit the amount of excess they are in. Those who don't mind won't bother.

I get all of my clients to 'count' calories by using fist sizes for each product (to take out the tediousness).
 
Counting calories in general is not the best way to go about things in general imo. It's a bit like measuring the distance of a trip by how much gas you use...it kinda works, but not very well. Lay out your macro ratio and let your body tell you when it needs food. Just eat when you're hungry. If you're eating enough, then find out how to create a more anabolic environment...you want to eat because you are growing not "eat to grow"...very important distinction
 
I really am not understanding why counting calories is a joke... Understanding what your calorie count is and where they are coming from can help you further understand the big picture you are working towards and help you refine your foods and choices as your body reacts over s period of time
 
Counting calories in general is not the best way to go about things in general imo. It's a bit like measuring the distance of a trip by how much gas you use...it kinda works, but not very well. Lay out your macro ratio and let your body tell you when it needs food. Just eat when you're hungry. If you're eating enough, then find out how to create a more anabolic environment...you want to eat because you are growing not "eat to grow"...very important distinction

If I followed this advice I would be 165lbs not 220lbs
 
I really am not understanding why counting calories is a joke... Understanding what your calorie count is and where they are coming from can help you further understand the big picture you are working towards and help you refine your foods and choices as your body reacts over s period of time

This

If I followed this advice I would be 165lbs not 220lbs

And this, except the other way.

If I ate whenever I was hungry and/or my body told me I needed to, I'd be twice my weight but not in a positive way.
 
This



And this, except the other way.

If I ate whenever I was hungry and/or my body told me I needed to, I'd be twice my weight but not in a positive way.

Haha we have opposite problems then
 
Lots of calories, specifically concentrated in carbs, in a short time will make your muscles full as hell. Keep gaining 3/4 of a pound a week and by June you'll just be a lard monster.
 
Back
Top