If I (male) take HCG post cycle, will I test positive for pregnancy test?

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was just curious. If I (male) take HCG post cycle, will I test positive for pregnancy test?

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was just curious. If I (male) take HCG post cycle, will I test positive for pregnancy test?
No...that's only to test the hcg. Once it enters the system it binds to the leading cells of the testes

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No.
... And yes.

If you take a test at a clinic, or Dr's office, they'll know you are a male, and therefore aren't pregnant.
But, they'll probably hope you are on HCG, because certain cancers can release HCG.

If you take a home pregnancy test, the test could indicate a positive pregnancy result, as they test for HCG.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Careful, OP might just be trying to prove men can get pregnant... Blur the lines even further. ;)

Sam stack

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Careful, OP might just be trying to prove men can get pregnant... Blur the lines even further. ;)
No I was just curious talking about my girlfriend taking those. I was like I’ve taken that before, would I give a false positive on a pregnancy test. If Anyone’s currently on HCG, could you take a pregnancy, to settle my curiosity.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I was just curious talking about my girlfriend taking those. I was like I’ve taken that before, would I give a false positive on a pregnancy test. If Anyone’s currently on HCG, could you take a pregnancy, to settle my curiosity.
Totally understandable, I was just joking around. My guess as with most others is that yes it would show a positive for HCG, and since the presence of HCG is what a pregnancy test checks for you would most likely get a positive result.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even if your on hcg I don't think you will test as pregnant. You would have to put the hcg directly on the test strip.

@MrKleen73 I swear to God that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

🤔 great, now some tyranny or whatever is gonna take hcg to "prove" men can get pregnant lol.

Funny story, one of the guys I been doing meal plans for is a gay 47 year old man, he's also a nurse. I asked him what he thinks about this now modern gay movement or whatever is going on with all the lgbtqlmnop stuff, and I worded it just like that. He said......you know Steve, I'm a gay male nurse, I'm the real life Gaylord focker lol, and I didn’t think it could get any gayer but I was wrong lol. I said.... I don't think I understand that, he said it's OK, at least you understand the difference between guys and girls

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even if your on hcg I don't think you will test as pregnant. You would have to put the hcg directly on the test strip.

@MrKleen73 I swear to God that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

🤔 great, now some tyranny or whatever is gonna take hcg to "prove" men can get pregnant lol.

Funny story, one of the guys I been doing meal plans for is a gay 47 year old man, he's also a nurse. I asked him what he thinks about this now modern gay movement or whatever is going on with all the lgbtqlmnop stuff, and I worded it just like that. He said......you know Steve, I'm a gay male nurse, I'm the real life Gaylord focker lol, and I didn’t think it could get any gayer but I was wrong lol. I said.... I don't think I understand that, he said it's OK, at least you understand the difference between guys and girls
Yeah, a lot of the old school gays are like hey, this militant movement you all have going on, We don't want anything to do with that!!!! You are hearing things like the LGB are leaving the TQIA++lmnopq's behind and don't want to be associated with this because it is starting to make things go backwards for the community. I don't care what anyone identifies with, you be you, but the moment you being you means I can't be me, then f*ck you!

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, a lot of the old school gays are like hey, this militant movement you all have going on, We don't want anything to do with that!!!! You are hearing things like the LGB are leaving the TQIA++lmnopq's behind and don't want to be associated with this because it is starting to make things go backwards for the community. I don't care what anyone identifies with, you be you, but the moment you being you means I can't be me, then f*ck you!
Preach!!!! I was thinking about all this b.s. at aorj today after I saw that crap that they can start putting a uterus in a man and some crazy ass clinic in Alaska is gonna change the name mother to egg producer. Can you effing believe that. That's the most disrespectful disgusting thing you can do to all women out there. It's probably the tren but I starting getting really angry just thinking about it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Preach!!!! I was thinking about all this b.s. at aorj today after I saw that crap that they can start putting a uterus in a man and some crazy ass clinic in Alaska is gonna change the name mother to egg producer. Can you effing believe that. That's the most disrespectful disgusting thing you can do to all women out there. It's probably the tren but I starting getting really angry just thinking about it
It's not like calling them the egg producer is not saying the exact same thing... Just in a different way. We are still differentiating between those who can actually have babies and those who can not, but we refuse to use the word Mom. Uhm okay, but that new thing still means Mom so uh... DUMB ASS!

eleanormiles

Awards
No.
... And yes.

If you take a test at a clinic, or Dr's office, they'll know you are a male, and therefore your women aren't pregnant.
But, they'll probably hope you are on HCG, because certain cancers can release HCG.

If you take a home pregnancy test, the test could indicate a positive pregnancy result, as they test for HCG.
A week ago I had a positive home pregnancy test following a frozen embryo transfer (IVF). On Monday (4+1) it was confirmed with HCG 108. I retook HCG on Thursday and it was 88. I assumed I would have a chemical pregnancy and it would resolve itself but wanted to check that HCG kept declining. On Friday (4+5) it was up to 104 again. I’m at a loss, I have never heard of this except ONE online discussion I found where two women with ectopic pregnancies had similar experiences. Other than that I can find no information except this seems to be highly abnormal. I have had no spotting/bleeding but some mild and fleeting abdominal discomfort since around implantation (3 days post transfer of 5 day blastocyst). It’s so mild, honestly it could be gas. The reason I suspect ectopic is sometimes I feel a mild jab around my left ovary. Around one time per day since ovulation. Any thoughts or similar experiences with ectopic? I have tried to talk to my GP and clinic but they seem clueless.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A week ago I had a positive home pregnancy test following a frozen embryo transfer (IVF). On Monday (4+1) it was confirmed with HCG 108. I retook HCG on Thursday and it was 88. I assumed I would have a chemical pregnancy and it would resolve itself but wanted to check that HCG kept declining. On Friday (4+5) it was up to 104 again. I’m at a loss, I have never heard of this except ONE online discussion I found where two women with ectopic pregnancies had similar experiences. Other than that I can find no information except this seems to be highly abnormal. I have had no spotting/bleeding but some mild and fleeting abdominal discomfort since around implantation (3 days post transfer of 5 day blastocyst). It’s so mild, honestly it could be gas. The reason I suspect ectopic is sometimes I feel a mild jab around my left ovary. Around one time per day since ovulation. Any thoughts or similar experiences with ectopic? I have tried to talk to my GP and clinic but they seem clueless.
I'm sorry, that's beyond my realm of knowledge.
:)

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually forgot you can test HCG this way. Been storing some in the freezer, I should test it one day…

If this post is around in 5 years when I try for a kid and use hcg I’ll reply here and let everyone know if I’m pregnant

NegativeMass

NegativeMass

Awards
Why don't you just try it and find out? I assume you'd need to be on a high dose. Even more importantly, why are you even concerned with this?