Iconic Formulations Neuro AET and Melatonin log

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was lucky enough to be chosen for this log by @cheftepesh1 and in addition to the Neuro AET the fine folks over at Iconic Formulations surprised me by sending a bottle of TD melatonin as well! This will be my first experience with B-AET and I am very excited to give it a try.

I have a pretty high stress work environment (A rowdy bar) and am often working late. In addition I am finishing my last quarter of college which is very stressful. I've had some hormone fluctuations being sorted out that mess with my sleep and stress levels as well. My main goal from this is to regulate my cortisol, hopefully improve my quality of sleep and experience the "calm feeling" a lot of guys associate with this product. Working in a bar also exposes me to a lot of people and the immune system benefits will be appreciated as well.

My training is moving back to a strength phase and I am still putting on a little bit of weight as I finish the transition from bulk and am still eating a couple hundred calories above maintenance. I am just finishing up a run of Flashpoint by Apex which allowed me to lean out a little bit while still adding some weight. There will be a little overlap with these two products for about the first week. When the flashpoint is done I am curious to see if the AET will offer similar leaning out characteristics.

I am planning to give the Neuro Melatonin a shot tonight at .5ml like @Smont so I (hopefully) get a good nights rest before the start of the log. Tomorrow I will start the AET and apply .5ml in the morning and .5ml in the early afternoon. I am going to hold off on stacking the melatonin and AET together until I have a good feel for how the AET effects me and my sleep.

If there is anything in specific that anyone would like me to add to my log let me know and I will include it in my updates. I will put up a "starting point" post tomorrow with weight, waist measurement, and some other stats.

TL;DR trying to lower my cortisol levels to feel less stressed and improve my sleep. Recomping and strengthening currently in my training.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for this. Great have you try out some great supplements.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

The vials look great and have measurement lines on the droppers which is very nice, as I have had some vials of research Chems that did not have this.

Other supplements that I will be taking:
Fish oil 1200mg once daily
Complete multivitamin once daily
Calcium citrate, magnesium, and zinc stack for bone support
These ⬆ Are run all the time every day

Flashpoint at 8 pumps (almost done)
Turkesterone by IML 500mg twice daily on training days, once on rest days.

Tags: @delsolrob @thebigt

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What are your thoughts on Turk?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was lucky enough to be chosen for this log by @cheftepesh1 and in addition to the Neuro AET the fine folks over at Iconic Formulations surprised me by sending a bottle of TD melatonin as well! This will be my first experience with B-AET and I am very excited to give it a try.

I have a pretty high stress work environment (A rowdy bar) and am often working late. In addition I am finishing my last quarter of college which is very stressful. I've had some hormone fluctuations being sorted out that mess with my sleep and stress levels as well. My main goal from this is to regulate my cortisol, hopefully improve my quality of sleep and experience the "calm feeling" a lot of guys associate with this product. Working in a bar also exposes me to a lot of people and the immune system benefits will be appreciated as well.

My training is moving back to a strength phase and I am still putting on a little bit of weight as I finish the transition from bulk and am still eating a couple hundred calories above maintenance. I am just finishing up a run of Flashpoint by Apex which allowed me to lean out a little bit while still adding some weight. There will be a little overlap with these two products for about the first week. When the flashpoint is done I am curious to see if the AET will offer similar leaning out characteristics.

I am planning to give the Neuro Melatonin a shot tonight at .5ml like @Smont so I (hopefully) get a good nights rest before the start of the log. Tomorrow I will start the AET and apply .5ml in the morning and .5ml in the early afternoon. I am going to hold off on stacking the melatonin and AET together until I have a good feel for how the AET effects me and my sleep.

If there is anything in specific that anyone would like me to add to my log let me know and I will include it in my updates. I will put up a "starting point" post tomorrow with weight, waist measurement, and some other stats.

TL;DR trying to lower my cortisol levels to feel less stressed and improve my sleep. Recomping and strengthening currently in my training.
I just applied the melatonin, it has a pleasant smell, slightly oily at first but that goes away as it absorbs

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What are your thoughts on Turk?
So far I haven’t noticed a lot from it except some acute strength gains on heavy lifting days and a little muscle fullness all day long. Even on days I feel weak I keep surprising myself and breaking plateaus by a few pounds. It doesn’t have a real “feeling” to it like arimistane or xgels do for me but it’s had a more pronounced effect on strength more quickly than anything I’ve ran previously. I do notice a difference when I dose both pills preworkout but it gives me a little bit of heartburn so most days I split it into two doses.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just applied the melatonin, it has a pleasant smell, slightly oily at first but that goes away as it absorbs
How long before you are aiming to go to sleep did you apply it?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How long before you are aiming to go to sleep did you apply it?
I applied 15min ago, putting the phone down now, tv is going off in 10min and I figured it will take me about 30-45min of reading to fall asleep. So basically I'm trying to time it for an hour before bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 213333
The vials look great and have measurement lines on the droppers which is very nice, as I have had some vials of research Chems that did not have this.

Other supplements that I will be taking:
Fish oil 1200mg once daily
Complete multivitamin once daily
Calcium citrate, magnesium, and zinc stack for bone support
These ⬆ Are run all the time every day

Flashpoint at 8 pumps (almost done)
Turkesterone by IML 500mg twice daily on training days, once on rest days.

Tags: @delsolrob @thebigt
good luck!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I applied 15min ago, putting the phone down now, tv is going off in 10min and I figured it will take me about 30-45min of reading to fall asleep. So basically I'm trying to time it for an hour before bed.
That’s sounds like a good plan.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Morning weight dry: 184.2
Waist: 31.5 inches

If there are any other stats anyone would like me to consistently update, or that may be related to the AET, let me know and I will add them in as soon as I can.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
First Impression on the melatonin is how strong it is compared to oral administration. I did not have any morning classes or work today so I turned off my alarm and just saw how long I slept in. I usually struggle to get to sleep and then wake up several times in the hours before I need to be up. About 30 minutes after administering the melatonin I started to feel a little tired and after an hour and a half it was full swing and knocked me out fast. I slept 10 straight hours then woke up only once before finally getting up to start my day. I will definitely try .25ml next time because the effects are far more potent than oral.

The carrier has a decent smell to it but dries faster than any other topical I have ever used and leaves my skin feeling moisturized.

First dose of AET and I am off to lunch, will update later on the first day feelings.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Morning weight dry: 184.2
Waist: 31.5 inches

If there are any other stats anyone would like me to consistently update, or that may be related to the AET, let me know and I will add them in as soon as I can.
I'm sure I could find it somewhere around here but what exactly is AET? I gots a mental block

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
First Impression on the melatonin is how strong it is compared to oral administration. I did not have any morning classes or work today so I turned off my alarm and just saw how long I slept in. I usually struggle to get to sleep and then wake up several times in the hours before I need to be up. About 30 minutes after administering the melatonin I started to feel a little tired and after an hour and a half it was full swing and knocked me out fast. I slept 10 straight hours then woke up only once before finally getting up to start my day. I will definitely try .25ml next time because the effects are far more potent than oral.

The carrier has a decent smell to it but dries faster than any other topical I have ever used and leaves my skin feeling moisturized.

First dose of AET and I am off to lunch, will update later on the first day feelings.
It made me tired and fall asleep quickly but it couldn't keep me asleep, I got to mess around with it a little bit. My sleep has been very broken for literally all of my adult life so take my experience with a grain of salt. It definitely did something and I think maybe a higher dosage and some better sleep habits I can put myself into a somewhat normal sleep pattern hopefully lol

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm sure I could find it somewhere around here but what exactly is AET? I gots a mental block
Androstenetriol I believe?

That’s interesting that the melatonin had less of an effect on keeping you asleep, for me it had more effect on keeping me asleep than falling asleep. I’ll have to keep checking up on your log to see how tweaking the dosage helps you out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it's b-AET, almost identical to invictus, i'm almost positive you have heard of invictus.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

oral melatonin doesn't do much anything for me, topical is much more effective--glad to hear it treated you so well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
it's b-AET, almost identical to invictus, i'm almost positive you have heard of invictus.
Yes. 7- hydroxy dhea,cortisol blocker, anti inflammatory, sounds useful.

Il stay tuned....

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
oral melatonin doesn't do much anything for me, topical is much more effective--glad to hear it treated you so well.
Here's a fun fact, taking sleep out of the equation, melatonin is twice the strength of vitamin e as a antioxidant. It also has anti microbial properties and helps with depression.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Here's a fun fact, taking sleep out of the equation, melatonin is twice the strength of vitamin e as a antioxidant. It also has anti microbial properties and helps with depression.
That’s a nice little extra bump. I think I read it helps test as well.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok now that I have a little more time to sit and type I'm going to go into a little more detail about the melatonin. I do not take it every night but when I do my usual dose is 3 or 5 mg taken about a half hour before bed. Oral hits a little quicker for me but I still have difficulty sleeping through the night regardless of dose and anything above 5mg just makes me groggy for a long time in the morning. Topical 5mg took longer to kick in but it made me sleep through the whole night and then some. Waking up I was groggy, but it went away fairly quickly. I am not going to take this again for a little bit because one of the main benefits I am interested in for the AET is its improvement of sleep quality and I don't want to skew the experience. I will revisit this later on and I am very excited to see how a lower dose works.

First dose of AET was this morning, after waking. The carrier that is utilized dries far quicker than any other topical I have used before and, similar to the gel that Apex uses, it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, where other topicals have made my skin dry. I have noticed a tiny bit of oiliness on application of both products, but it seems to go away quickly. Fully dried probably takes a half hour after application for me. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering, lingers a little but not in a bad way. About a 45 minutes after application I realized I was breathing slower and more deeply which was interesting. I'm not sure if I was feeling more calm because of my breathing or breathing like that because I was calm but it was a good feeling. Just applied the second dose and will update if anything else catches my attention.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lunch today was some spicy california roll and philadelphia roll 🤤 Dinner is going to be rice pilaf and chicken

Workout tonight is going to be primarily speed bench and accessories.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s a nice little extra bump. I think I read it helps test as well.
Idk about test but supposedly it raises hgh levels. I wouldn't be surprised if it raises test too. Seems like there's a lot of things that aren't known about melatonin because everyone is focused so long on its sleep aid properties

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hmm, i've never noticed the slower, deeper breathing from the AET or invictus, nice effect-hope this continues for you!!!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lunch today was some spicy california roll and philadelphia roll 🤤 Dinner is going to be rice pilaf and chicken

Workout tonight is going to be primarily speed bench and accessories.
Sushi is my weakness lol. Got a place that does half price rolls on Tuesdays, il usually have 6 lol

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sushi is my weakness lol. Got a place that does half price rolls on Tuesdays, il usually have 6 lol
The best place near me does 5 dollar rolls on Wednesdays for some of the cheaper rolls like california rolls, philly rolls, and salmon rolls. It has become the favorite place to go get Wednesday date night dinner with the lady. I accidentally got her hooked and now its both of our weakness' as well... most I have ever ordered was 4 rolls though, and the girlfriend gave me a look like I was crazy XD I salute you for eating 6

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
hmm, i've never noticed the slower, deeper breathing from the AET or invictus, nice effect-hope this continues for you!!!
Ran to the store about an hour after my second dose for today, I was standing picking out chicken and realized I was breathing in super deeply again. Not sure why this is but it's not an unpleasant feeling, I hope it continues as well!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ran to the store about an hour after my second dose for today, I was standing picking out chicken and realized I was breathing in super deeply again. Not sure why this is but it's not an unpleasant feeling, I hope it continues as well!
:)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It has to be the right setting for me to want sushi, otherwise I prefer my food cooked :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It has to be the right setting for me to want sushi, otherwise I prefer my food cooked :)
I'm the opposite, I'm always in the mood for sushi, but when it comes to cooked fish, I'd rather have a steak.

I know it's odd, I prefer the fish raw lol

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
First night on AET and no melatonin, felt like I was ready to go to sleep last night at any point a few hours after my second dose for the day. Wasn’t tired per se but I definitely felt like I could fall asleep if I wanted to. When I did go to bed it seemed like it may have taken a little less time than normal to fall asleep. Had some vivid dreams which was a good sign and slept like a rock for a little over five hours then tried to go back to sleep and woke up quite a bit over the next three hours. Waking up seemed easier than normal and so far I feel rested. For a night without melatonin it was on the better side of the sleep spectrum.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
First night on AET and no melatonin, felt like I was ready to go to sleep last night at any point a few hours after my second dose for the day. Wasn’t tired per se but I definitely felt like I could fall asleep if I wanted to. When I did go to bed it seemed like it may have taken a little less time than normal to fall asleep. Had some vivid dreams which was a good sign and slept like a rock for a little over five hours then tried to go back to sleep and woke up quite a bit over the next three hours. Waking up seemed easier than normal and so far

I feel rested. For a night without melatonin it was on the better side of the sleep spectrum.
(y)

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Going to apply the second dose now and will head to work in about an hour, I usually have a very hard time winding down after a stressful shift so I will update on how I feel post shift and winding down.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Going to apply the second dose now and will head to work in about an hour, I usually have a very hard time winding down after a stressful shift so I will update on how I feel post shift and winding down.
looking forward to the update. :)

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
This is probably the best update so far, had a relatively quiet shift at the bar but a few situations that could have turned ugly. One guy came in for the first time since he started a bar clearing brawl and there were a few other people there who refused to leave at the end of the night and that turns ugly pretty often. And the second bartender didn't come in for her shift either.... Biggest takeaway was that I didn't feel stressed or anxious at all during the shift. Definitely wasn't the most stressful shift I've worked but certainly had a few parts that normally would have stressed me out a little bit. After coming home and showering I already feel ready for bed, and on a normal night it usually takes me an hour or two to wind down.

Still noticing the deeper breathing after every application and I enjoy the feeling. So far it seems to keep the stress at bay, haven't quite experienced the "chill" feeling or relaxed feeling. More of a passive anti-stress.

I'm finding myself excited to go to bed tonight to see how I sleep.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm the opposite, I'm always in the mood for sushi, but when it comes to cooked fish, I'd rather have a steak.

I know it's odd, I prefer the fish raw lol
Well i'd rather have raw fish than raw steak so I think we at least agree on that ;)

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Night 2 sleep update, another good night of sleep. Nothing earth shattering so far but little improvements both nights. Last night when I got in bed I was ready to sleep right away and I only woke up twice, once around 5 hours in and then around 7 hours in. Didn’t have any trouble getting back to sleep after waking up, and I feel pretty well rested.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is probably the best update so far, had a relatively quiet shift at the bar but a few situations that could have turned ugly. One guy came in for the first time since he started a bar clearing brawl and there were a few other people there who refused to leave at the end of the night and that turns ugly pretty often. And the second bartender didn't come in for her shift either.... Biggest takeaway was that I didn't feel stressed or anxious at all during the shift. Definitely wasn't the most stressful shift I've worked but certainly had a few parts that normally would have stressed me out a little bit. After coming home and showering I already feel ready for bed, and on a normal night it usually takes me an hour or two to wind down.

Still noticing the deeper breathing after every application and I enjoy the feeling. So far it seems to keep the stress at bay, haven't quite experienced the "chill" feeling or relaxed feeling. More of a passive anti-stress.

I'm finding myself excited to go to bed tonight to see how I sleep.
maybe the deeper breathing is your bodys way of being chill--either way sounds like a nice reaction...i do deep breathing as part of my keeping BP in check...if you have a BP monitor could you take a reading when you get the deep breathing feeling?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
maybe the deeper breathing is your bodys way of being chill--either way sounds like a nice reaction...i do deep breathing as part of my keeping BP in check...if you have a BP monitor could you take a reading when you get the deep breathing feeling?
Seems like a great side effect.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ll give this a shot and see what’s up. I’ve had some caffeine today which might skew it but I can keep checking periodically throughout the log to see if there’s an effect

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ll give this a shot and see what’s up. I’ve had some caffeine today which might skew it but I can keep checking periodically throughout the log to see if there’s an effect
nice, much appreciated!!!

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay blood pressure before and an hour after dosing was the exact same, within 2 numbers on both SYS and DIA. Blood pressure was a little higher than it has been normally so I will keep track of that and update if I see any correlation between dosing and blood pressure

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Okay blood pressure before and an hour after dosing was the exact same, within 2 numbers on both SYS and DIA. Blood pressure was a little higher than it has been normally so I will keep track of that and update if I see any correlation between dosing and blood pressure
appreciate your taking the time!!! :)

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Update for today: feeling good, really happy that my sleep has been good the last few nights. Both nights have been very good sleep for not having any melatonin. Hopefully this stays consistent

Feeling a little tired about an hour post-application. I have a very early morning tomorrow so I am happy that I am already thinking about sleep. Today and yesterday I have actually found myself looking forward to going to bed which is pretty rare.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
appreciate your taking the time!!! :)
No problem! I appreciate the opportunity to log this and if there is anything else you guys want me to keep an eye on just let me know and I will add it to the log.

When I get the chance I will take BP readings before and after the morning application to maybe reduce a few variables

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No problem! I appreciate the opportunity to log this and if there is anything else you guys want me to keep an eye on just let me know and I will add it to the log.

When I get the chance I will take BP readings before and after the morning application to maybe reduce a few variables
doing great!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have actually found myself looking forward to going to bed which is pretty rare.
It's pretty rare that I don't look forward to sleep :LOL: After a long day it's nice when the head hits the pillow!

I'm an early riser though and once I'm up, I'm up.

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's pretty rare that I don't look forward to sleep :LOL: After a long day it's nice when the head hits the pillow!

I'm an early riser though and once I'm up, I'm up.
I am the exact opposite and quite jealous of you 😂 always had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep yet somehow an equally hard time waking up 😂