I need a diet plan, can you guys help please?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so I have sleep apnea and I really need to get rid of it. I still want to gain strength and muscle mass but cut down on fat at the same time, even if I loose some muscle thats okay, as long as I still retain a good majority. I don't care how restrictive this diet has to be and how many times I have to eat to speed up my metabolism. I'm willing to put in the hard work. Right now I am about 250 lbs maybe a little more, I would like to get to about 215-220. I would say my body fat percentage is really high. Something like 30%. I can post a pic if it'll help.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
whats your exercise?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea as well. While it does cause many ailments I do not believe it significantly causes weight gain. If you are overweight and have sleep apnea I really suggest doing what it takes to slim down just as you are planning to.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
There are a ton of diets on this board. Check out the log in my sig and I have a bunch of posts listing my day to day carb cycle diets.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Do you do cardio a well?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah idk if I'm supposed to count the carbs in vegetables and fruits as well or just in starchy carbs.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Count your entire meal when counting macros, especially if you goal is fat loss. Some people and diet plans may say dont count the kcals in veges but I'd recommend you do. And dont make any drastic changes (unless you know you'll stick to them), the main thing is to start swapping the 'unhealthy' foods with the 'healthy' ones, limit soft drinks etc.

If your diets clean and your still having trouble dropping the lbs, then create a kcal deficit of 500kcal (this is why its important to count ALL calories as you may create a deficit of 500kcals when not counting vegetables but your vegetable intake will push deficit into maintainence or excess). Too much more than this will not only affect mood, training etc but it may cause your body to enter 'survival' mode and start holding on to calories instead of shredding them. From my experience, people who try dropping weight to quickly and create too much of a kcal deficit (as much as 1500kcals) typically loose WEIGHT, but dont just drop fat mass.

Take the cut slowly but do it right. Dont cut vegetables from diet :)

Good luck

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Count your entire meal when counting macros, especially if you goal is fat loss. Some people and diet plans may say dont count the kcals in veges but I'd recommend you do. And dont make any drastic changes (unless you know you'll stick to them), the main thing is to start swapping the 'unhealthy' foods with the 'healthy' ones, limit soft drinks etc.

If your diets clean and your still having trouble dropping the lbs, then create a kcal deficit of 500kcal (this is why its important to count ALL calories as you may create a deficit of 500kcals when not counting vegetables but your vegetable intake will push deficit into maintainence or excess). Too much more than this will not only affect mood, training etc but it may cause your body to enter 'survival' mode and start holding on to calories instead of shredding them. From my experience, people who try dropping weight to quickly and create too much of a kcal deficit (as much as 1500kcals) typically loose WEIGHT, but dont just drop fat mass.

Take the cut slowly but do it right. Dont cut vegetables from diet :)

Good luck
Well I have been counting them and I haven't been eating a lot of starches. I noticed if I eat one starch a day and get the rest of the carbd from fruits and vegetables I can take in about 150-200 carbs without feeling weak and without carving carbs...I still crave starchy carbs a little bit but its not too bad. Granted I'm probably used to getting like 400g of carbs a day...I'm used to eating stuff like cereal, potatoes, bread, pasta, plus fruits and vegetables. calories have been between 2,300-2,500 roughly. Not even sure what they where with carbs..probably close to the same, a little over like maybe 400-500 more, but that's just a guess. I was ordering takeout like twice a week though.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Derek, clean out your inbox.

And I wouldn't go too crazy counting calories and carbohydrates from green/leafy vegetables. The amount of kcals is small, and the CHO is predominantly fiber. Root vegetables and squashes, on the other hand, are higher in starch and/or sugars, so those you'll want to consider.

Br

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Derek, clean out your inbox.

And I wouldn't go too crazy counting calories and carbohydrates from green/leafy vegetables. The amount of kcals is small, and the CHO is predominantly fiber. Root vegetables and squashes, on the other hand, are higher in starch and/or sugars, so those you'll want to consider.

Br
Really? Damnit if that's the case I'll never get enough calories without eating a lot of starches. I've been struggling just to get to 2,200 calories. It's amazing how many calories you don't take in when eating mostly lean meat.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hence the need to eat more fats. Coconut, almonds, olive oil, avacados, animal fat, fish fat, etc.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah my bad, I meant count the starchy vegetables. Just dont eat too far below maintainence, last thing you want is to lose any body compostition because your body must catabolize muscle and/or retain as much calories from food as possible