i have no idea what supplements to take or where to start!!! HELP!!!

rnmills123

rnmills123

Awards
so i just had a baby, and wanna get into shape asap! my bf works out but i dont wanna look to him for help i need a professional...how do i know what supplements to take and such??

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
well if your new I wouldnt look directly at supplementation besides the basic multi-vitamin, some protein. proper diet and exercise should be your first concern and see how that goes, then progress slowly into additional assistance with the supplements. I think there is a womans training forum here that will help you begin

and congratulations on the new addition!!

and i think if your breast feeding you should use supplements without first consulting your doctor.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Here's a list of supps that most anyone should probably be taking:
  • Multi-Vitamin (follow label directions)
  • Vit. D (2000 i.u. daily)
  • Vit. C (1-2g daily)
Now, apart from those 3, get a copy of The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain, and follow it. Without doubt you'll get where you need to be, no supplements necessary. Also, check out t-nation.com; they have several fun and info-packed articles about training, nutrition, supplementation, and so on!

Good luck and congrats on the baby!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
well u just had a baby
RUN and when yer done run som more
runing will make fat melt away
no,no,no not in the gym, run around yer neighborhood, ull srink dress size and get to see the area as well

try this

its calld
7 out and back
run for 7 mins and when 7 mins is up run back to your starting location in under 7 mins
this way u run faster on yer way back.
when u get in better shape run longer
u should shoot for somthing like 30 out and back then look in the mirror and think if u need supps

rnmills123

rnmills123

Awards
i hear i need to wait for 6 weeks before doing any kind of heavy strenous excercise but i must be able to do a little something in that time.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
echoing whats been said above just go for a light jog, or a walk with the dog or stroller. Exercise bikes, elliptical machines..

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be looking into supps for a while besides a multi and some extra vitamins especially if you are breast feeding.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
since you just had a baby if you're breast feeding you should put off taking ANY supplements till you stop breast feeding, you dont want to pass that through to your child

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
since you just had a baby if you're breast feeding you should put off taking ANY supplements till you stop breast feeding, you dont want to pass that through to your child
hey you took my idea! :nutkick: :nono:

lol seriously don't even look into supps right now wait until your infant has matured past the point of breast feeding.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your just starting supps should be the last thing your concerned about. Good diet and health are utmost important. That being said I believe that a multi-vitamin and Vitamin C and D are a part of a good diet. Beyond that there is nothing your need. Once you do start lifing you could add a protein shake after your workout.

tirtle88

tirtle88

Awards
If a mother was on the juice and breast feeding how would it affect the baby?

rnmills123

rnmills123

Awards
good thing im not breast feeding!!! but thanks everyone!

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
wait for the ok from your doctor, and once that happens then start training lightly using the resistance machines and free weights start off light and once your ready keep progressing and using heavier weights are better to help burn calories cause your actually having to work not swinging around the lowsy 2 lb pink dbs. make sure their ones that you can hold and have the correct form. Try out HIIT training and low intensity high incline walks on a treadmill around 3.3-3.6 speed and the stairmaster will also help tone your butt good luck on your quest and dont get any supps yet their the last thing to get and consult your doctor before use.

dnbaker

Awards
good thing im not breast feeding!!! but thanks everyone!
If it's at all possible, I'd encourage you to breastfeed. I don't really know anything about you, and so I won't preach that you have to. But, having said that, it's very clear that breastfeeding is head and shoulders above anything else.

[Can't post links, so google "chem and engineering news milk" and look at the top hit.] is something that I saw a few months back.