Hydrapharm Salidroside

Adamas

Awards
I saw good reviews at predator nutrition , has anyone tried it ?

I read an article on its protective effect on liver against acetanominophen in mice, very intersting .

There are many articles on various health benefits of salidroside alone including neuropotective effect , antioxidant , neurogenetic, antibacterial , against viral prolification , cardioprotective , and against cellular damage ( apoptosys ) in general .

I don't undestand its stimulant effects , but if it does work could be amazing for health .

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

I read an article on its protective effect on liver against acetanominophen in mice, very intersting .

There are many articles on various health benefits of salidroside alone including neuropotective effect , antioxidant , neurogenetic, antibacterial , against viral prolification , cardioprotective , and against cellular damage ( apoptosys ) in general .

I don't undestand its stimulant effects , but if it does work could be amazing for health .
dont pay their prices for what is basically an extract from rhodiola rosea.Just buy some standardised rhodiola (https://examine.com/supplements/rhodiola-rosea/)

Adamas

Awards
I don't think is useless buy a pure chemical if it works well , especially if i have to eat hundreds of punds to have the same amount of active ingredient or if the extracts are fake.

Do you know a good supplement brand of herbal extracts ?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I don't think is useless buy a pure chemical if it works well , especially if i have to eat hundreds of punds to have the same amount of active ingredient or if the extracts are fake.

Do you know a good supplement brand of herbal extracts ?
you could try Veridian http://www.viridian-nutrition.com/shop/Maximum-Potency-Rhodiola-Rosea-Root-P652.aspx
trying
i didnt say its useless buy , or a chemical ,Im trying to save you money.Its as well to try it and spend less to see if it works for you. Do your research on google , there are plenty of suppliers and plenty of info.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought a bottle after it was recommended on a Nootropics thread and read the reviews...Also had a discount code to use up haha.
It has a really strange calm and focussed feeling to it. Nothing sharp or enhanced like caffeine or stim based noots, just a nice, clean, calm and focussed effect.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
It’s wrong to compare this to rhodiola. Rhodiola supplements are a very inefficient choice of supplement as their salidroside content tends to be minuscule with 3% about the max from a mainstream company.

This product is 98% salidroside and at that level comparing its use to rhodiola is about as valid a comparison as comparing crude oil to gasoline.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
It’s wrong to compare this to rhodiola. Rhodiola supplements are a very inefficient choice of supplement as their salidroside content tends to be minuscule with 3% about the max from a mainstream company.

This product is 98% salidroside and at that level comparing its use to rhodiola is about as valid a comparison as comparing crude oil to gasoline.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

dont agree lots of recommendation for rhodiola extract -google

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This is simply not correct. There are a plethora of studies on rhodiola. Yes, salidroside is the main active component to standardize for, but multiple studies have shown that there exists a point, or dose, at which you really do not get any additional benefits from a higher dose of rhodiola (salidroside). This dose is actually quite feasible to obtain with a quality rhodiola extract standardized for 2% salidroside. Additionally, research has shown that while rosavin may not be active on its own, it can potentate the effects of salidroside. If I can get a sufficient dose of rhodiola (see salidroside augmented by rosavin) with one capsule of an extract, how is that “inefficient?” Should I take less than one cap? Is a few hundred mgs some huge, unmanageable dose that’s a pain to take? The oil vs gas comparison doesn’t really hold any weight or practical relevance here. I can’t just stick 12 gallons of crude oil in my car and expect it to run; I can however take a few hundred mgs of rhodiola and get an ideal salidroside content. Are you suggesting that salidroside is only bioavailable when it’s highly-concentrated? Or that it requires some borderline-unusable dose to be effective? It’s a few hundred milligrams, that’s one pill, maybe two depending on some factors, and not much space in a multi-ingredient product.

TL;DR: It’s not wrong to compare this to rhodiola.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
^Forgetting studies for a second, all I can say is that for those who’ve taken both, the benefits they describe of each is not the same at all.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
^Forgetting studies for a second, all I can say is that for those who’ve taken both, the benefits they describe of each is not the same at all.
how can you forget studies.who are "those"-your friends , the guy on the bus whos they?Studies are controlled and measured.Let me quote you from the book ADATOGENS , Herbs for strength , stamina and stress by David Winston which im not plugging but quoted for your reference.It says "they ie herbalists, believe the whole herb has more value than its individual constituents and that most phytochemicals work better together in their natural matrix rather than in isolation Traditional herbalists favor ingesting the whole herb or whole herb extract.Western pharmacologists usually take the herb , find the supposed active ingredient , extract it and then study the isolated compound.
The latter has drawbacks , no plant has a single active constituent and together contribute to the herbs activity.

incidentally rhodiola root takes 5-8 years to mature and is found in Siberia above 10, 000ft.The question to be asked who is the source for the product in question and what guarantee is there that the product in its capsulated form is from a root thats matured.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, let’s throw out studies and go with what some random internet dude says. It’s not like placebo effect and/or some other potential bias is a thing, right?

There are people who swore that CEE was amazing, but studies have shown it to be essentially useless, inferior to creatine monohydrate. Should we “forget” those studies and say because some people said it worked that CEE isn’t bunk?

Now, I’m not saying that salidroside doesn’t work, it does, only that it makes no scientific sense to assume that it will provide any benefits beyond what you can expect from a high-quality rhodiola extract. For example, 13.5mg salidroside from rhodiola was shown not to be significantly more effective than 9mg, and as little as 2.8mg salidroside from rhodiola has been shown to have some benefits. You do want a quality extract with HPLC standardization, so if you don’t have that, find a different rhodiola extract. That said, if you have 2% salidroside, which I prefer to 1%, and is closer to the 3% rosavin and ~2-2.5% salidroside that the SHR-5 extract that has so much research on it has. That 9mg salidroside can be obtained by 450mg of the 2% extract; I have some caps that give me that much in a single capsule. Is one capsule somehow too inefficient? Also, the 2.8mg dose comes out to only 140mg, so you don’t need much at all to notice benefits.

What rhodiola have your friends used? Have they used 200-500mg of a 2% salidroside (and 3% rosavin) extract with HPLC standardization? If not, I don’t even know what you’re trying to compare.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you could try Veridian http://www.viridian-nutrition.com/shop/Maximum-Potency-Rhodiola-Rosea-Root-P652.aspx
trying
i didnt say its useless buy , or a chemical ,Im trying to save you money.Its as well to try it and spend less to see if it works for you. Do your research on google , there are plenty of suppliers and plenty of info.
Yeah, let’s throw out studies and go with what some random internet dude says. It’s not like placebo effect and/or some other potential bias is a thing, right?

There are people who swore that CEE was amazing, but studies have shown it to be essentially useless, inferior to creatine monohydrate. Should we “forget” those studies and say because some people said it worked that CEE isn’t bunk?

Now, I’m not saying that salidroside doesn’t work, it does, only that it makes no scientific sense to assume that it will provide any benefits beyond what you can expect from a high-quality rhodiola extract. For example, 13.5mg salidroside from rhodiola was shown not to be significantly more effective than 9mg, and as little as 2.8mg salidroside from rhodiola has been shown to have some benefits. You do want a quality extract with HPLC standardization, so if you don’t have that, find a different rhodiola extract. That said, if you have 2% salidroside, which I prefer to 1%, and is closer to the 3% rosavin and ~2-2.5% salidroside that the SHR-5 extract that has so much research on it has. That 9mg salidroside can be obtained by 450mg of the 2% extract; I have some caps that give me that much in a single capsule. Is one capsule somehow too inefficient? Also, the 2.8mg dose comes out to only 140mg, so you don’t need much at all to notice benefits.

What rhodiola have your friends used? Have they used 200-500mg of a 2% salidroside (and 3% rosavin) extract with HPLC standardization? If not, I don’t even know what you’re trying to compare.
Brothers...what is a good dose assuming I go with this Viridian brand? Thanks.

NeuroTropic

NeuroTropic

Banned
Awards
This is simply not correct. There are a plethora of studies on rhodiola. Yes, salidroside is the main active component to standardize for, but multiple studies have shown that there exists a point, or dose, at which you really do not get any additional benefits from a higher dose of rhodiola (salidroside).

This dose is actually quite feasible to obtain with a quality rhodiola extract standardized for 2% salidroside. Additionally, research has shown that while rosavin may not be active on its own, it can potentate the effects of salidroside. If I can get a sufficient dose of rhodiola (see salidroside augmented by rosavin) with one capsule of an extract, how is that “inefficient?” Should I take less than one cap? Is a few hundred mgs some huge, unmanageable dose that’s a pain to take? The oil vs gas comparison doesn’t really hold any weight or practical relevance here. I can’t just stick 12 gallons of crude oil in my car and expect it to run; I can however take a few hundred mgs of rhodiola and get an ideal salidroside content. Are you suggesting that salidroside is only bioavailable when it’s highly-concentrated? Or that it requires some borderline-unusable dose to be effective? It’s a few hundred milligrams, that’s one pill, maybe two depending on some factors, and not much space in a multi-ingredient product.

TL;DR: It’s not wrong to compare this to rhodiola.
The highest clinically studied dose of Salidroside was 600 mg which had benefits.

You can definitely compare the effects of an isolated chemical to a whole plant extract. Depending the use one may be better than the other.

Myrmidon

Myrmidon

Awards
Ive just been using Jarrows Rhodiola, can anyone recommend a superior brand or am I gtg?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The highest clinically studied dose of Salidroside was 600 mg which had benefits.

You can definitely compare the effects of an isolated chemical to a whole plant extract. Depending the use one may be better than the other.
I didn’t say that you can’t compare them; my last sentence said that you can. As for the high-dosed salidroside studies, the ones I’ve seen have been for very different purposes than anti-fatigue or endurance effects; things like protection from epirubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients. That’s not to say that these higher doses don’t potentially have their uses, but that for what most of us here use it for, nowhere near 600mg salidroside is needed, and much, much lower (and more affordable) doses have been found to be effective, and sometimes higher doses haven’t been found to be more effective. Granted, they weren’t less effective or dangerous, but I’d prefer to save some money haha.