45x12
95 3x12

Band Pressdown w/ V-bar handle
2 Monster Minis x140

Chin-ups on Yoke
5x6, 1x7

Seated DB Rear Delt Raises
25x20,16,15+15 partials

Feeling some new strength on the Skullcrushers for sure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/9/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

SSB Good Mornings
65,155,245x5
295,315x3
+belt
365,385x3

Snatchgrip Deadlift
135,225,315x3
+straps
385x3
+belt
435x3

Lat Pulldowns
110,143x20
165x12
187x10

GHR
3x12

Lying Leg Curl
50x100 slowly, about 4 minutes of pain

I think regular good mornings are harder than from concentric-focused from pins. Just getting some work in this week before a heavy pull next Monday.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/9/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

SSB Good Mornings
65,155,245x5
295,315x3
+belt
365,385x3

Snatchgrip Deadlift
135,225,315x3
+straps
385x3
+belt
435x3

Lat Pulldowns
110,143x20
165x12
187x10

GHR
3x12

Lying Leg Curl

I think regular good mornings are harder than from concentric-focused from pins. Just getting some work in this week before a heavy pull next Monday.
Man Hyde, you and SkRaw doing some serious Good Mornings. Like I said before, those bad boys would be good nights for me.
Killing it !!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/9/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

SSB Good Mornings
65,155,245x5
295,315x3
+belt
365,385x3

Snatchgrip Deadlift
135,225,315x3
+straps
385x3
+belt
435x3

Lat Pulldowns
110,143x20
165x12
187x10

GHR
3x12

Lying Leg Curl

Same. I like the blood pump and CNS stimulation from the full and slow eccentric portion to really get after it

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s the best part of waking up.
I feel mentally BBQ’d. I wasn’t psyched up or anything; I just think the spinal loading probably has something to do with it.

Yesterday shot the last of the primo, probably ~250mg for the week (along with 15mg Trest Ace, & 30mg test e which I’ve been doing about eod). Today was just 15mg Trest Ace.

We had the family get together for my wife’s grandpa Saturday and actually lost a lb, so I really put the hammer down yesterday.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We had the family get together for my wife’s grandpa Saturday and actually lost a lb, so I really put the hammer down yesterday.
how's she doing with all that? getting some closure?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to your base line meet results. Keep up the good work!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can't wait to see how you do at the meet!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Signed up for a warmup meet 4 weeks from now on Sunday, June 5th, just a couple hours away. No weight cut; just rolling in at whatever I weigh in the Open 275 Raw class to set a current baseline before doing another comp about 15-18 weeks from now at end of blast.

The gym is supposed to be air conditioned, a full 60 lifter meet, and they said they’ll be using the new Kabuki bars for all 3 lifts - should be a cushy way to knock the dust off
You are going to crush it

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
These sessions, they cause me to ache just reading them!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the encouragement everybody

how's she doing with all that? getting some closure?
Good, thank you. The family had a celebration of life in lieu of a funeral, and it was a really positive experience. It brought all his kids together at once for the first time in years; between that and some of them getting to meet my toddler for the first time everyone had a really nice time.

These sessions, they cause me to ache just reading them!
I’m glad they don’t look too weenie, because they are definitely causing me to ache! But that’s what it takes to get better

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trestolone has been treating me really well the last week, other than getting hot after some meals, which is normal for many methyls for me. A little bit more intense emotion, a bit more energy and libido, but again these are normal AAS things I’m used to accommodating to.

Been doing 30mg testosterone e eod, and on those days just 10mg Trest Ace, and 15mg on the days in between - bumping the Ace to 15mg daily. Obviously I pinned Primo E at 200-250mg/wk the last 2 Sundays. Taking 11mg Exemestane about e3d & 100mg P5P twice/day and gyno seems happy.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trestolone has been treating me really well the last week, other than getting hot after some meals, which is normal for many methyls for me. A little bit more intense emotion, a bit more energy and libido, but again these are normal AAS things I’m used to accommodating to.

Been doing 30mg testosterone e eod, and on those days just 10mg Trest Ace, and 15mg on the days in between - bumping the Ace to 15mg daily. Obviously I pinned Primo E at 200-250mg/wk the last 2 Sundays. Taking 11mg Exemestane about e3d & 100mg P5P twice/day and gyno seems happy.
Yeah Trest is an amazing compound when you can figure out how much you can run without too many sides. It really can do a lot even on a lower dose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/11/22
BW 251.2

6 min walk
Band Pullaparts, Pressdown, Rows, Facepulls

Widegrip Bench
45 4x5
95,135x5
195,215,235,255,275x6
300x5

CG 2-Boardpress
245x12
265x10

Band Pressdown
Light x100 straight

One-Arm Low Row on Reverse Hyper
125 4x15

Broke out some new wraps for the top set of super widegrips. These Constrictors are great; softer than the Kraits so you can crank them more revolutions, which ended up making a crazy cast that was almost instantly painful. They will go mild to wild based on how tight you wrap:

IMG_6450.JPG

Extra workout Monday was mowing, yesterday was my son’s gymnastics, today planning some band delt work and abs in the living room. Illinois summer is in full effect and the humidity in the garage this morning was the real deal. Gymnastics last night was easiest it’s been for me, and I believe my conditioning has been improving overall, despite running out of GW0742.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They pay you for that endorsement?

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the encouragement everybody

Good, thank you. The family had a celebration of life in lieu of a funeral, and it was a really positive experience. It brought all his kids together at once for the first time in years; between that and some of them getting to meet my toddler for the first time everyone had a really nice time.

I’m glad they don’t look too weenie, because they are definitely causing me to ache! But that’s what it takes to get better
We did the same just recently, a celebration of life is definitely the way to go.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice extra wide-grip benching, some hefty weight there!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5/9/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

SSB Good Mornings
65,155,245x5
295,315x3
+belt
365,385x3

Snatchgrip Deadlift
135,225,315x3
+straps
385x3
+belt
435x3

Lat Pulldowns
110,143x20
165x12
187x10

GHR
3x12

Lying Leg Curl

Concentric only are harder if you really stay true to a good morning, but it’s easier to drop the hips under to get better leverage when you do concentric only than when you do the whole movement.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Solid wide grip! Those wraps look intriguing
Super happy I picked them up.

They pay you for that endorsement?
I’m just sick of all this overpriced fad crap, a lot of which doesn’t even stack up in quality. Elite has been making quality wraps for 20 years for like $20 on sale, and they put out really useful content for free constantly to try to help people.

You vote with your dollar. I’d rather pay less and get more.

Concentric only are harder if you really stay true to a good morning, but it’s easy to drop the hips under to get better leverage when you do concentric only than when you do the whole movement.
Makes sense.

I have a video of the 405x3; watched again & I definitely was not cheating it that way. But those concentrics were on a straight bar, and these were on an SSB, so the weight hanging so much further out/up was the X factor.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I just opened the garage up to start venting it for tonight’s training. 95* index out and I was pouring sweat by the time I’d set the bands up - gonna be a tough one!

Also put the new strong blue bands from EFS on, and I had to basically get them in the front rack position to get them up on the bar. I have 200lbs of weight on the back of the yoke and it was lifting the front up when unracking the bar with them. So I added 130lbs to the front to keep her pinned down.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I just opened the garage up to start venting it for tonight’s training. 95* index out and I was pouring sweat by the time I’d set the bands up - gonna be a tough one!

Also put the new strong blue bands from EFS on, and I had to basically get them in the front rack position to get them up on the bar. I have 200lbs of weight on the back of the yoke and it was lifting the front up when unracking the bar with them. So I added 130lbs to the front to keep her pinned down.
Those strong blues are no joke.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Man already 95 up there….gonna be a hot summer. Down here in Georgia we only hit 85, but we’ll get ours this summer.🔥

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s actually quite cool this week on Florida.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/12/22
BW 251.8

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks

GHR
2x12

Boxsquat, powerbar
45x5
135x3
vs Strong bands (+200 at top)
45,135x3
185,235x2
+belt
275 4x2

Conventional, deadlift bar
225,315x1
vs short Monster Minis (+90 at top)
315 8x1 w/ 30 sec rests (3 doh, 5 hook)

GHR
2x12

Reverse Hyper
125 3x20

Ab Wheel
2x15

Running a strength-speed wave on boxsquats these 2 weeks, to help me build my capacity to strain longer against heavy weights in prep for the upcoming meet. Added ~65# of tension this week over last while cutting some volume, and will add a pair of monster minis for an additional 63# at top next week. Added the bands on deadlift to bolster my hookgrip, but also found they helped me pack my neck and keep it in a safer position.

IMG_6460.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got caught up on your log. Been slightly inactive lately on purpose. Holy sh!t you’re moving some weight now, boy! Keep it going
This time last year my back was blown out coming into that last meet. I was patient, took the time off from spinal loading as needed to rehab, but never strayed from the path. Now here I am, at least as strong, on less drugs, AND without back pain.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just impressive is all I can say !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quite the set up !

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is already zero leverage on that band. You lift the bar and it’s -10. Lol.. Jesus Christ. That’s just inducing pain over pain..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The walkout is seriously no joke with those heavy blues!

Rotated in 240mg/wk of Mast E to replace the Primo E now that it’s gone.

Joints are feeling extra crunchy, so I switched my joint supplement from Joint Support XT to Orthogen. Joint Support XT was sold out, and I remember Orthogen working quite well. It tastes bad in every flavor, you have to mix a powder daily, and it’s nearly twice as expensive per serving, but it is probably the most loaded profile out there.

Friday I trained grip. Pretty sure I was momentarily closing the #3 with each hand finally!

Warmup x10
GG2 x5,6,7
GG3 3x1
GG2 x12

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/13/22
BW 253.2

Walk with family

Band Warmup
Explosive Push-ups

Dynamic Benchpress, powerbar
45x10,5,3
+minibands
45, 95 2x3
165 9x3 split over closish, comp, wide

EZBar Rolling Tri Ext on Floor
67x10
117 4x10

Low Incline DB Tate Press
35 2x18

Seated DB Military Press from mouth level
35x25,30

Lying Horizontal Band Rows - SQUEEZE!!!
-2 bands choked to top of yoke
Average x25
Strong 2x15

Seated DB Laterals ss w/ Rear Flyes
20 2x20 each

Bench was moving FAST! Climbing my staircase to the moon, one step at a time. Big pull in the morning.

IMG_6468.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/16/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges

GHR
2x14

Rackpull from very bottom pin, weightlifting bar
-1.5” above a pull from the floor’s height
135x3
225,315x1
+hookgrip
405x1
+belt
455,505,555x1
585x1 PR, bit soft/quick lockout (callus tore)

Frontsquat
45x5
135,185,235x3
+belt
285,315x3

CG Cable Low Row
143,187x15
231 3x10

Fathandle Pulldowns
143 3x12

First time pulling 6 plates in many moons, maybe since July of ‘20. Cost me the callus on my right thumb, but I needed to prove to myself my grip is there now & so is the strength. This is the toughest possible position to pull from for me because it’s nearly full ROM but I don’t get the same leg blast off the floor, & since it’s from pins all the weight takes up at once instead of progressively with a deadlift bar.

Being able to pull this now unpeaked, with 3 more weeks of drugs, extra rest, & the Kabuki bar I expect to go over 600 in comp.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/16/22

6 min walk
Bird Dogs
Side Planks
Glute Bridges

GHR
2x14

Rackpull from very bottom pin, weightlifting bar
-1.5” above a pull from the floor’s height
135x3
225,315x1
+hookgrip
405x1
+belt
455,505,555x1
585x1 PR, bit soft/quick lockout (callus tore)

Frontsquat
45x5
135,185,235x3
+belt
285,315x3

CG Cable Low Row
143,187x15
231 3x10

Fathandle Pulldowns
143 3x12

First time pulling 6 plates in many moons, maybe since July of ‘20. Cost me the callus on my right thumb, but I needed to prove to myself my grip is there now & so is the strength. This is the toughest possible position to pull from for me because it’s nearly full ROM but I don’t get the same leg blast off the floor, & since it’s from pins all the weight takes up at once instead of progressively with a deadlift bar.

Being able to pull this now unpeaked, with 3 more weeks of drugs, extra rest, & the Kabuki bar I expect to go over 600 in comp.
That callus went through a lot of total weight before it ripped off…… that’s impressive pulls !!!
Looks like your hitting your sweet spot leading up to the competition. 👍

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking Strong Hyde!!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
View attachment 216373

Here’s the setup with the ballast added up front - had to use little weights so it wouldn’t interrupt the band path.
From the other day, this draft just popped up!

I used to have mine rigged similarly — nearly flipped the rack over before doing so, lol. Since then got some weight holders up front and some more weight. Now I just need to use the damn bands. Impressive work here!

For today:

Tremendous pull off the pins! Crazy strong!