Hyde’s Strength Odyssey

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I have. There’s some old niggles mainly in the left knee from some dumbass squat 5x a week program I did when I was like 21. Because the Bulgarians were champions. And their best trained like dumbf*cks because their coaches didn’t understand how to program, so they just expended bodies and the handful that didn’t die in a few years set some records.

So of course, I needed to try that

Sleeves & mobility work keep things happy enough. Cissus has some great effects on blood sugar and metabolic health I believe. I just remember gagging down spoonfuls of Nutraplanet’s bulk. Like a foul woody dirt tea lol
Yeah I don’t think you can program that eastern bloc gulag grit lol. Gotta try though huh? 🤠
I 100% have to agree about the metabolic boost. I could feel my body running hotter and faster even at rest throughout the day. If I ever cut you bet your azz I’ll be utilizing. It’s one of those things I only intend to do as needed once or twice a year.
I found the taste pleasant. Reminds me of wheatabix cereal. I enjoy this because it is bland and obtuse, and well... birds of a feather.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG

Vincent Dizenzo said this book really helped him finally reach a 600lb raw bench. So far, I gotta say it has been worth far more than the $7 I spent on eBay!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
06/19/20 - Day 47, Wk1 Speed Bench
BW 261.0

Jumping Jacks
x25
Agile 8

Cable Facepulls
50 4x25

ss w/

One-Arm Cable Tri Ext
30 2x25/arm overhand, then underhand

BB Skullcrushers
45,80x15
95 2x15 PR

Bench
45,45,65x20

Back Extensions
BW 3x20

Today officially begins the peaking mesocycle, aka Death March. Supposed to be speed bench but just focused on mobility, accessories and flushing the pec - which did NOT hurt on the skulls like last time or when I pressed the empty bar explosively, which is awesome news to test next Wednesday.

Last day of 30mg Rad140. Tomorrow begins M1A at 45mg til the meet!

View attachment 194904

Momma said I could grow up to be anything I really wanted, so I became a ghostly elemental samurai
Cough cough, 60mg

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cough cough, 60mg
Plan is to add the rest of that DMZ at 40mg the last 2 weeks as well. Trying not to feel like death here too soon man!

Also, dropping the 200mg/wk of Masteron out, slightly bumping test from 400 to 450/wk and HCG is bumped from 250iu twice per week to three times now. Scalp has been extra itchy even with Nizoral and the anabolics will be more than enough horsepower with the testosterone to bring me home strong. If I can save my hair for a few more years I would sure like to.

Next 4 weeks will be:
-450mg test e
-750iu HCG
-15mg Mk677 5 on/2 off
-45mg M1A
-40mg DMZ (last 2 weeks only)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cough cough, 60mg
Plan is to add the rest of that DMZ at 40mg the last 2 weeks as well. Trying not to feel like death here too soon man!

Also, dropping the 200mg/wk of Masteron out, slightly bumping test from 400 to 450/wk and HCG is bumped from 250iu twice per week to three times now. Scalp has been extra itchy even with Nizoral and the anabolics will be more than enough horsepower with the testosterone to bring me home strong. If I can save my hair for a few more years I would sure like to.

Next 4 weeks will be:
-450mg test e
-750iu HCG
-15mg Mk677 5 on/2 off
-45mg M1A
-40mg DMZ (last 2 weeks only)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You like your stacks like you do your traps, beefy

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You like your stacks like you do your traps, beefy
well I guess if less than 2ccs of oil/wk and some orals is your idea of beefy, then I suppose so!

I have just found stacking orals to provide more bang for the buck w/ more manageable sides than maxing out the dose of 1. And I’m 260lbs, so a full 30% heavier than a 200lb man.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know if that’s a lot of oil lol doesn’t seem like it but I was looking for a way to complement your physique again without crossing that line yanno 🖤

Can’t wait to see your peak then the comp!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don’t know if that’s a lot of oil lol doesn’t seem like it but I was looking for a way to complement your physique again without crossing that line yanno 🖤

Can’t wait to see your peak then the comp!
I got that bag-of-milk physique contest locked down my man I am pretty excited too. Cross your fingers the wheels stay on the wagon!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/22/20 - Day 50, Wk1 Deadlift
BW: 265.0

Bike 5 min
Agile 8

Deadlift, Ohio deadlift bar w/ cerakote
135,225,315,365,405,455x1
+belt
495,545,575,605,630x1 PR

Adjustments.JPG

Just a baby 2lb PR, but a lifetime best! Classes were beginning at this gym so I had to bounce, but will finish the training tonight or tomorrow.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Baby 2lb PR...but when you hit 628 it was fully peaked on your 3rd attempt in a competition setting. Soooo...id say 630 in the gym fully fatigued is something you should be slightly more stoked about. If you had a history of shitty meet performances and always set a ton of 1rm PRs in the gym only to fall 30lb shy of it on meet day I’d get your reservations but that isnt the case. COME ON BRO.

The way the sun is shining on your left hand almost gives off the perception that youre hooking that too. I almost got double amped.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Baby 2lb PR...but when you hit 628 it was fully peaked on your 3rd attempt in a competition setting. Soooo...id say 630 in the gym fully fatigued is something you should be slightly more stoked about. If you had a history of shitty meet performances and always set a ton of 1rm PRs in the gym only to fall 30lb shy of it on meet day I’d get your reservations but that isnt the case. COME ON BRO.

The way the sun is shining on your left hand almost gives off the perception that youre hooking that too. I almost got double amped.
Hahaha oh I am pretty stoked! Meet attempts will be tentatively planned as 567.7, 611.8, & 650.4.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NICE PR!
How ya like that Ohio bar vs the Texas bar? Want to give the Ohio a feel sometime

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Way late but I’m gonna follow. Think I got the gist. Get big and lift heavy

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NICE PR!
How ya like that Ohio bar vs the Texas bar? Want to give the Ohio a feel sometime
Same thickness as Tex DL essentially but less slack. Not quite as much assistance. The zinc version has super aggressive knurling - torn me all 3 times I’ve used one. The cerakote paint tones that down more like a Tex would feel. It’s a quality bar.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was wrecked all day yesterday. 8 months since I have pulled a max. Mental hangover, achey, no appetite or energy - the usual. As I historically often get hurt trying to do more deadlifting within 24 hours of deadlifting, and I really care most about my squat Friday, I bagged the rest of the session to maximize recovery. I got the training effect I needed. Took some phosphatidylserine and curcumin, tried to eat as much as I could, slept in.

After work today I did this, just flushing everything and getting mobile for tomorrow morning’s bench:

Pushups
Band Pulldowns
Band Pullthrus
Agile 8
Jigsaw everything
Bird Dogs
Band Tris, Rear Delts, Bis
Bike 10min

Plus a 10 min bike session earlier on after a meal. In-Laws gave me this awesome early bday present a few weeks back and been using it 1-3x a day for recovery/blood glucose management:

IMG_3747.JPG

Quiet, folds up in the corner, I can stay inside & sit right under the ceiling fan!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/24/20 - Day 52, Wk1 Bench
BW: 263.4

Cable Facepulls, Tris, Lats
Med Ball Slams

Bench
45,135x5
185, 225x3
255,285,305x1
+full commands
325,345,360x1 PR

vs doubled Minibands
215 2x5

DB Rear Delt Flyes
35 2x12

DB Hammercurls
35 2x15

DOH Powerbar Holds
315x2 max holds

8lb PR! We were extra conservative with attempt selection to protect the pec from any excessive straining - no pain or issues. Used a 17” bench height and powerbar with full commands to practice for the meet. Feeling strong!

Adjustments.JPG

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I’ll be got dayumed! Thatta boy!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotta be lovin this PR wave! Solid work brotha
Well I’ll be got dayumed! Thatta boy!
Thanks fellas! I am a meet lifter, so lifetime bests in training bodes well for comp.

Tomorrow is squat to max - the most exciting day of the training cycle IMO. I am looking forward to it and really focused on eating big today to keep my weight up. On that note - time for another meal!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fuggin internet. Double post.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks fellas! I am a meet lifter, so lifetime bests in training bodes well for comp.

Tomorrow is squat to max - the most exciting day of the training cycle IMO. I am looking forward to it and really focused on eating big today to keep my weight up. On that note - time for another meal!
Exactly my thoughts when I gave you crap the other day about the DL PR.

Go get it tomorrow man. Only need 510 for a 1500lb gym total...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/26/20 - Day 54, Wk1 Squat
BW 264.0

Jumping Jacks
x25

Agile 8

Distance Jumps
2x3

Squat, Texas Squatbar
55 2x3
145x3
235x2
325, 415x1
+belt, sleeves
465,505,555x1
580x1 PR
600x1 PR

vs Light Bands
335 3x3

Today, I set a 38lb lifetime PR and became a 600lb raw squatter. I can’t explain how I knew I was going to do it, only that I would. My unpeaked gym total this week was 1,590lbs. Time to taper down and dial in technique - let’s go!!!

Adjustments.JPG

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s hyooge, hats off!

LESSSGOOOOOO

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. I am really pleased with this accomplishment!

Meet director emailed everyone saying these meets are super small due to COVID19 (normally they sell out) so they’re doing them both on Saturday July 18th now. But because they’re tested & open, they can’t combine them - so I will be in a single 9-man flight starting my meet between 1-2pm. Never been in a single flight meet, so this is definitely gonna shake things up! No real rests between finishing your attempts and warming up for the next lift, so this is going to move much more like the pace of a strongman show. I also will have to weighin the morning of comp because we are closing on our house Friday afternoon and I can’t get to even the evening weighins on time.

I am 20 days out, so I will need to start pushing my training pace some as well as add a bit more conditioning work to be able to survive this meet.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Single flight sounds hectic. Any “day of” anabolic enhancers planned?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Single flight sounds hectic. Any “day of” anabolic enhancers planned?
I doubt it; more hormones often mean later faster heart rate and subsequent exhaustion sooner for me - a good bottle of ammonia is all I really need. It’s almost a Pavlovian response now - when the bottle comes out, I’m not fucking around anymore!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
06/29/20 - Day 57, Wk2 Deadlift
BW 267.2

Agile 8

Box Jumps
2x3

Deadlift, Ohio deadlift bar
135,225,315,405x1
+belt
475,525,575x1

Doesn’t look like much, but it took all of my will to even get up and go make this 90% pull after maxing all last week - definitely still feeling the neurological burnout, heavily. And of course there’s no AC, and it was 90+* heat index, so I was sweating so fast I couldn’t even stay hydrated. Half a gallon of carb drink + electrolytes just sitting in my gut feeling like I ordered one of everything at Taco Bell.

And the death march continues ☠

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That sounds miserable. Nice pull given how fatigued you are. Has to be nice to know youre good for 575+ on damn near any given day you walk in the gym.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds miserable. Nice pull given how fatigued you are. Has to be nice to know youre good for 575+ on damn near any given day you walk in the gym.
Yeah honestly could have just as easily pulled 600 I’m sure. I didn’t use any baby powder or ammonia. So I got that goin’ for me

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
07/01/20 - Day 59, Wk2 Bench
BW 263.8

Band Facepulls, Lats, Pecs
DB Hammercurls

Monster Miniband One-Arm Tri Ext
2x25/arm overhand

Light Band Pullthrus
3x15

30 sec Squat

Explosive Paused Push-ups
3x5

Bench
45,95,135x5
185,225x3
255,285,315,335x1
vs minibands
225 2x5

Average Band Hi Rows
4x15

BB Skullcrushers
45,75x12
95 2x18 PR

Monster Miniband One-Arm Tri Ext
2x25/arm underhand

Monster Miniband Pullaparts
4x30

DOH Axle Holds
225x2
275x1

Sleep has been very hit or miss, so I slept in this morning and trained at home in the AC tonight after work - awesome session, and it felt like the first one in ages where I was able to get a real bit of work in. 335 was self-unracked and still felt very easy.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work in here sir.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work in here sir.
Thank you! It is all coming together better than I could have expected.

So I have been on 45mg M1A the last 12 days, along with the 450mg test e. It’s been a miserable force-feeding battle to get even 200g protein & 3,000 calories in, of primarily liquid and processed foods. I nearly puked staying up til 12:30 last night getting down a couple cups of cottage cheese. Antacid use is also beginning to exceed one Pepcid Complete per day.

Meet is 16 days out, so I am taking a little break from M1A for 6-7 days starting today. Picked up some home-brewed 1-Test Cyp aka Dihydroboldenone a while back, so added 100mg of that to my shot of test this morning - if the PIP isn’t crippling like it’s supposed to be, I will do that again Sunday to help make up the gap in total mg.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh boy! Interested to see about that DHB pip. Hopefully it’s smooth for ya

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh boy! Interested to see about that DHB pip. Hopefully it’s smooth for ya
Just to update: 9 hours later and 0 PIP. I mean none, which is less than plain test often for me. It’s allegedly 100mg/ml and it was mixed with test in same glute shot, so maybe that helped. Or maybe it’s fake lol

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to update: 9 hours later and 0 PIP. I mean none, which is less than plain test often for me. It’s allegedly 100mg/ml and it was mixed with test in same glute shot, so maybe that helped. Or maybe it’s fake lol
Fake! Just like those plates you’re using!!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
07/03/20 - Day 61, Wk2 Squat, Wk3 Pull
BW 267.0

Jumping Jacks
Agile 8
Jigsaw
Hammercurls

Distance Jumps
2x3

Squat, Texas squat bar
55 2x3
145,235,325,415x1
+belt & sleeves
465,505,545x1

Deadlift, Ohio deadlift bar
225,315,405x1
+belt
505 3x1

All my squats felt heavy today - 545 was harder than 600 last Friday! Too cashed out to do the banded squats so decided to get my 80% pulls in now - I’m 15 days out and obviously fatigue is plenty high so not doing any favors holding them off til Monday. It was also 90* so this was good training for the meet experience in Indy. All that’s left is some accessories Monday and 80% squat & bench singles Wednesday, thankfully.

Still no PIP from the DHB

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lets goooooo. Time to dissipate some fatigue and throw DOWN!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lets goooooo. Time to dissipate some fatigue and throw DOWN!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
06/06/20 - Day 34, Wk4 Bench
BW 261.0

Band Facepulls, Tris, Pecs, Lats
Squat 30 sec hold
DB Hammercurls 15x25
Ball Slams 2x5

Bench
45,95,135x5
185x3
225,255x2
285 4x2, 1x9 PR

1-Board
270 2x5

BB Rows
135,185,225,245x12

BB Shrugs
245,275x15

Yoke Pull-ups

Big & strong as ever - a good day of training!
What's a yoke pull up

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
What I wanna know is how hard are pullups at 260lbs. I can get 4-5 with a 45 plate and that only puts me at 245 and it's hard as hell. Only the first 2-3 are strict the other 2 take everything I got. I tried with 75lbs extra on me and could only do singles