MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats Hyde sounds like you had a great showing as well as having a great time!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sweet pics! the Conan wheel must have been tough with the lump in the road. also looks like the bar is flexing, Had to be hard to lift it high enough.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Conan looks turrible

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks fellas!

Conan looks turrible
It’s basically just how much discomfort can you take. Strength matters, but it won’t get you anywhere if you give up under the load. If descending under a big squat is like jumping off a scary cliff far above water, Conan’s is like putting your hand on a hot burner and seeing how long you can keep it there.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
04//29/18

Startrac Chest Supported Row
45,70x12
90x8
115 5x5

Incline Bench
165x10
185x8
205 3x6

Seated DB Military
40,55x12
70x12,6,8

Tri Pressdown
1x100
2x25

Lat Pulldown
2x20

Felt beat up but got some upper work in.

05/01/18

30 reps each - Back Extensions, Push-ups

Barbell Clean & Press
45,95,125x5
145x3
165,175x2
185,195x1

SSB Parallel Boxsquat
112x5
202,252,302x3
342 6x2

SSB Squat
342 2x3

Standing Pulldown Abs
4x20

Facepulls
3x12

Tri Pressdowns
2x20

Forearms still ache from Conan’s and back still recovering so passed on deadlifts & chins/rowing. Just kind of did what I wanted tonight.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great pics and last nights lift looked fun too!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/03/18

Back Extension
30 reps

Rear DB Flyes
15 2x20

Powerclean & Press
Did at least double the work of Tues
195 was top single, kept botching 205

Strict Press
135x5
155 4x5

NG DB Bench
50,70,80,90x10
100x8

Chins
3x10
3x7

Zero equipment used and just working on trying to build my powerclean as well as shoulder power.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m starting a true cutting cycle today. I am ready to lean out some - I need a better spot to grow from than 25% bf.

8 weeks
-OL’s 11kt @ 2 full pumps/day divided
-Var 20mg/day
-S23 15mg/day last 6 weeks

-Toremifene 30mg/day
-Boladiol 4-8mg preWO whenever I feel I need an androgen/estrogen bump

Muscle Gelz Androhard (estered androsterone & epiandro) perhaps as well if I want more DHT power. Clen could get incorporated, as could any dry oral at the end, but the plan is to stay mild for now - fat loss with strength retention is the goal, and all 3 compounds directly support that. Bloods will be pulled at the end to see how much Torem can help maintain LH, if at all, while on.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m starting a true cutting cycle today. I am ready to lean out some - I need a better spot to grow from than 25% bf.

8 weeks
-OL’s 11kt @ 2 full pumps/day divided
-Var 20mg/day
-S23 15mg/day last 6 weeks

-Toremifene 30mg/day
-Boladiol 4-8mg preWO whenever I feel I need an androgen/estrogen bump

Muscle Gelz Androhard (estered androsterone & epiandro) perhaps as well if I want more DHT power. Clen could get incorporated, as could any dry oral at the end, but the plan is to stay mild for now - fat loss with strength retention is the goal, and all 3 compounds directly support that. Bloods will be pulled at the end to see how much Torem can help maintain LH, if at all, while on.
Sweet, looking forward to your progress. I have been thinking about S23 lately too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
S23 is allegedly the most suppressive SARM there is, and the supreme cutter.

Sweet, looking forward to your progress. I have been thinking about S23 lately too.
This is my 4th day on the vertical diet, & only deviation has been Jason’s Deli salad bar for dinner Wednesday. Last night we saw Infinity Wars (which is the best Marvel movie ever btw) and I didn’t have trouble passing on the deep-fried cheesecake chimi w/ berry sauce & cream cheese frosting my gf had ordered - that’s how I know I’m ready to do this

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, that is where I am right now too. Just keep doing the right things avoid the wrong and progress happens...

What are the specifics of the vertical diet?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
S23 is allegedly the most suppressive SARM there is, and the supreme cutter.

This is my 4th day on the vertical diet, & only deviation has been Jason’s Deli salad bar for dinner Wednesday. Last night we saw Infinity Wars (which is the best Marvel movie ever btw) and I didn’t have trouble passing on the deep-fried cheesecake chimi w/ berry sauce & cream cheese frosting my gf had ordered - that’s how I know I’m ready to do this
Mmmmmm cheeeeeesecake!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mmmmmm cheeeeeesecake!!
it's funny this was mentioned actually. Tomorrow is my Carbnite so I will be pounding down goodies and had already decided I was going to go to House of Pies to get a big piece of turtle cheesecake!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice, that is where I am right now too. Just keep doing the right things avoid the wrong and progress happens...

What are the specifics of the vertical diet?
Stan Efferding’s steak & rice protocol. You try to cover as much of your daily micro needs as efficiently possible, with a focus on easily digested foods, and after those are met you scale calories with steak and white rice. Due to cost I am using 90/10 ground beef and some potroast vs ground bison/sirloin and flank - cheaper to eat 90/10 with a cap of Var than it is to get better beef! Looking at Bison you can just forget it.

I throw a cup of jasmine rice in the cooker with a diced sweet potato, bell pepper, handful of spinach and some baby carrots, adding beef stock & Morton Lite salt for extra NaCl & K. Pair with some beef and that’s the foundation of the diet.

I will obviously eat any extra veggies I desire, but hunger hasn’t been an issue. Fruits like kiwi or berries periworkout if I want them, and a cup of 100% cranberry juice in my intra drink. Periworkout nutrition isn’t changing any otherwise. Been doing the cranberry for a couple weeks now. Good for the kidneys and the thyroid - it’s about $1/cup, but again still cheaper than better beef!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/05/18

Rear DB Flyes & Hammercurls
15,20 2x20

1 Powerclean + Hang Cleans
115,155,165,175x5

Powercleans
185x5

Incline Bench
45,95,135x8
185x5
215 4x5

Seated DB Military
45,60,70x10
75x7
60x10

Lateral Raises
20x15
25x12

JM Press
115 3x10

Did my pressing day today so I’d have a fresh back for events and maybe deadlift tomorrow visiting Jakkd gym up in Chicagoland. Can’t believe it only being day 2 on but I was very pumped after this session!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/06/18

-Seated Arm-Over-Arm Sled Pull 60ft
2 light runs speed & technique (290 sled)

-Carry Medley 100ft each implement
380 frame
190 keg
225 sandbag (died halfway down)

-Did 1 more just the keg & frame

-Car deadlift, front handles
Sets of 5 working up, then a top max single

-Flip & Drag Medley
540 Tire x3
Frame Drag 380 x80ft

-Hercules Hold
Warmed up to one max hold @ 135/hand

-Stones 54”
215,235,245x3
285x5 failed loads - slipped off the ledge every single time; extension was easy tho & was in flats instead of boots so I felt good about it

Went to Jakked Hardcore Gym up in Aurora, IL today, Jswain’s old stomping grounds. Tons of equipment; everything you could need or want. Great group this morning. Feeling beat up after 5 hours in the gym & 4 hours in the car, but had a blast!

Gonna be awkward in short sleeves at work tomorrow...

IMG_1525657651.254364.jpg

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome, was there some of the strongman group there too or just the PL guys? They both have their big group mornings Saturdays but sometimes Sundays some guys will come in either if they missed the Saturday or just want more. With all the shît they have there it's pretty damn easy to spend too much time there lol. Good place, I miss it. Its too bad Eric, Tim and some of the other high level Strongman guys left.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, was there some of the strongman group there too or just the PL guys? They both have their big group mornings Saturdays but sometimes Sundays some guys will come in either if they missed the Saturday or just want more. With all the shît they have there it's pretty damn easy to spend too much time there lol. Good place, I miss it. Its too bad Eric, Tim and some of the other high level Strongman guys left.
Yeah both groups were going, plus the general machine area was reasonably poppin too, so it was quite the environment for a bit! I wanted to jump in on the power crew’s cambered bar chain squats in between the event work, but I’ve only got so much to give in a session and I knew it would tax me hard.

Yeah having a few heavyweight guys around can really raise the level of the environment. This guy Chris lifting with us hit a 400 stone to 54” with no tape or tacky, and the car deadlift I hit for a top single he pulled for 10 reps

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah both groups were going, plus the general machine area was reasonably poppin too, so it was quite the environment for a bit! I wanted to jump in on the power crew’s cambered bar chain squats in between the event work, but I’ve only got so much to give in a session and I knew it would tax me hard.

Yeah having a few heavyweight guys around can really raise the level of the environment. This guy Chris lifting with us hit a 400 stone to 54” with no tape or tacky, and the car deadlift I hit for a top single he pulled for 10 reps
Chris is a cool dude. Him and Eric were the two strongman guys I shot the **** with the most. Then another guy that I cant remember his name off the top of my head (brandon maybe...).

I always wanted to squat with them on Saturdays but I worked 9 to noon so it never worked out. I think i would have benefited from the intensity they bring to Saturday squat days.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/08/18

Rear Delt Flyes, Hyperextensions, machine chest press, cable rows, tris

Seated Military
45,95,115,135x8
160 5x5

Widegrip Bench (2” past comp grip)
135 4x20

Tri Pressdown
2x20

Feeling smashed after Sunday so took it slow ‘n easy today - low back was still fried & everything stiff. Took a lot to get everything loosened up!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You lift?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You lift?
Come with me if you want to lift

05/09/18

Back Extensions, GHR
2x15 each

Rear DB Flyes
15 2x20

Front Squat
45,135,235,275,315x5

Lowbox Squat
225 5x10 wanted to die

Why I thought 5 sets of 10 on deep squats with no rebound would be alright is beyond me - put me on the floor! ?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Put the respiratory system to work!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Brutal! 5x10 squats with or without rebound sounds like hell. If you want cardio, just hit the treadmill.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big but boring my ass! Sorry I remember doing the 5x10 on squats and dead lifts and man that is punishment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No kidding! I figure I need to be better conditioned to keep pushing for inevitable high rep events so either high reps or short rests has to be a component of training at times.

Actually not as sore as I would have expected, but that has the be the cycle. Day 7 on 2 pumps 11kt, 20mg Var, & just added 15mg Ostarine & 4 pumps Androhard yesterday. Already seeing effects.

My stash is getting out of hand so I’m gonna have some fun with this run. Got enough orals to kill a bull elephant.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Recovery for days!!!! Gotta love it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Recovery for days!!!! Gotta love it!
I’m looking forward to the progression! Been too long since I’ve been on any gas.

Fasted for about 22 hours - man that cuts my energy. Did manage a nice 25 min walk today at lunch. Dinner was 8oz top sirloin & 3oz teriyaki chicken breast fresh off the grill and then 3 different burritos from Tbell - 2k calories even, and it was all delicious ?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I’m looking forward to the progression! Been too long since I’ve been on any gas.

Fasted for about 22 hours - man that cuts my energy. Did manage a nice 25 min walk today at lunch. Dinner was 8oz top sirloin & 3oz teriyaki chicken breast fresh off the grill and then 3 different burritos from Tbell - 2k calories even, and it was all delicious ?
Dude im really hungry right now and just reading that made it worse lol

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man that sounds tasty. I have been craving TB lately. I havent had it in probably nearly a year and driving past one regularly has been giving me the itch lately. Any personal favorites or new menu items youve tried and thought were good? I'm thinking im gonna get myself some this weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love the Mexican pizza and the xxl grilled stuffed burrito with double meat.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I fasted about the same but I am having a heck of a time getting it in but about to do a mini carb up. Can’t eat much else right now. Stomach is too tight from the preworkout and I need some easy calories.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man that sounds tasty. I have been craving TB lately. I havent had it in probably nearly a year and driving past one regularly has been giving me the itch lately. Any personal favorites or new menu items youve tried and thought were good? I'm thinking im gonna get myself some this weekend.
I fasted about the same but I am having a heck of a time getting it in but about to do a mini carb up. Can’t eat much else right now. Stomach is too tight from the preworkout and I need some easy calories.
Bean Burritos with no onion are actually very reasonable for a fast carb source (384 cal, fats fairly reasonable) - they’ve always done me well. Had one of those, a Beefy 5-Layer & a Cheesy Bean & Rice. 1,400 calories and around 50-60g protein. The sirloin and chicken was only 600 or so cal and ~83g protein

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/11/18

Hypertension, Rear Db Flyes
2x20 each

Frontsquat
Bunch of warmups through 225

Axle Clean & Press
45,95,135x5
155x3
175x1

Continental Axle Clean & Press away
185,195x1
205x3
215x3 PR

Axle Strict Press
165 4x5
135x16 total reps in Mastodon’s “Bedazzled Fingernails”

Db Curls
20,25,30,35x15

Man did the soreness hit hard today, especially in my right adductor. Took forever to get loosened up enough to clean - poorly at that. I was a fan of the “Mastodon Method”. Just kept rest-pausing for the duration of the entire song. I have been told the “AC/DC Method” is equally effective

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 pumps Androhard yesterday. Already seeing effects.
Is Androhard similar to what Sustain Alpha was or Dermatr3st, as a test base?

My stash is getting out of hand so I’m gonna have some fun with this run. Got enough orals to kill a bull elephant.
I hear ya.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I hear ya.
Androhard is basically transdermal DHT if I remember correctly. Great for trying to cut as well as strength and performance.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I hear ya.
Androhard is basically transdermal DHT if I remember correctly. Great for trying to cut as well as strength and performance.
Musclegelz Androhard is a transdermal cream carrying Androsterone & Epiandrosterone with esters attached so bloodlevels stay much more stable vs the traditional short half life of those compounds as orals. They would serve a role similar to Masteron in a cycle. Primarily to increase sexual function, neural drive & strength, fat burning, muscle hardening, positive mood & energy, decrease water retention, and competes with estrogen to help prevent gyno. DHT hormones are the bomb.

Androhard is a crazy value. 240ml bottle for like under $50, will last 8 weeks at least.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
05/12/18

Medley, 40ft strip
-460 Yoke
-205 Farmers
-200 Keg Carry

2nd one
-Yoke down & back, keg, then farmers

Last one
-225 farmers, keg, yoke, then carried the farmers 80ft back

Deadlift, stiffbar but no shoes
135,225,315,365x4
415 6x4 in 8 minutes total

Ghr
2x15

Medleys were fun! Felt slow on farmers but haven’t touched em in eons. 415 felt heavy on pulls but I literally did 6 sets of 4 @ 78% with only ~1 min rests so that’s probably an all-time best for work capacity in such a small window on deadlift.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also joints have been creaky last couple days so took 8mg Vitality Boladiol preWO for some aromatization and intensity. Between that and some Black Label Society I was really feeling the fire today!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Also joints have been creaky last couple days so took 8mg Vitality Boladiol preWO for some aromatization and intensity. Between that and some Black Label Society I was really feeling the fire today!
Never liked Black Label Society til i saw them live. Great show

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So that's a cool dose.
Looks like I need a few more bottles because the caps I got are 2mg each.
Does it work fast enough for preworkoout

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never liked Black Label Society til i saw them live. Great show
They have a ton of material, some lousy and some is gold. Been A Long Time has always been a favorite deadlift song of mine:

https://youtu.be/2liryRs15uI

So that's a cool dose.
Looks like I need a few more bottles because the caps I got are 2mg each.
Does it work fast enough for preworkoout
I have the same Vitality Labs stuff - I specifically bought it as a preWO; half life is supposed to be like 4 hours. Think like Mentabolan or oral Trest dosing. I’m not running it as a cycle.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have a ton of material, some lousy and some is gold. Been A Long Time has always been a favorite deadlift song of mine:

https://youtu.be/2liryRs15uI

I have the same Vitality Labs stuff - I specifically bought it as a preWO; half life is supposed to be like 4 hours. Think like Mentabolan or oral Trest dosing. I’m not running it as a cycle.
Sweet
Ill eat 6 mg on Monday and squat

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gf has started working with new coaches closer to us now that Chad doesn’t live in the area. It’s remote but they will still be more accessible to us.

Her split is much more of a bro split as far as movement organization (vs nearly full body every session) and it’s way more likely I could recover from it than what she was doing with Chad, so I will be trying to follow her structure for now. 5 days a week so that will be harder, but should keep me more active for this cut and honestly it looks fun (4 days based around the bench dead press squat and then bodybuilding accessories, plus a 5th events only day).

Excited!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gf has started working with new coaches closer to us now that Chad doesn’t live in the area. It’s remote but they will still be more accessible to us.

Her split is much more of a bro split as far as movement organization (vs nearly full body every session) and it’s way more likely I could recover from it than what she was doing with Chad, so I will be trying to follow her structure for now. 5 days a week so that will be harder, but should keep me more active for this cut and honestly it looks fun (4 days based around the bench dead press squat and then bodybuilding accessories, plus a 5th events only day).

Excited!
That sounds like a good workout.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a good workout.
Should make for slightly shorter sessions, aside from Sunday, and take advantage of the extended protein synthesis at my disposal right now. Plus we’re both on diets too so kinda adds some team momentum to her prep.