Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Big thanks to Iconic Formulations for the opportunity to use & review their flagship preWO, All Out Ultra (Blue Hawaiian flavor).

IMG_9445.JPG

You know it’s going to be interesting when the serving size is a 24 GRAM scoop! This thing is loaded:

IMG_9444.JPG

Still, mixed up my very first serving this morning in 12 cold ounces of water, and it dissolved perfectly with just a couple shakes.

IMG_9444.JPG

I’m going to get this out of the way right now: this stuff tastes awesome. It looks, smells, & tastes like a tropical juice drink - reminds me of the stuff I had in Jamaica on my honeymoon. Coconut, pineapple, and a bit of curaçao flavor made this something great to wake up to on a warm, humid morning. So if you get on a high horse about how your pre tastes, rest easy knowing All Out is one you’ll savor. I actually tried to slow down it was so enjoyable to sip, but I didn’t fare much better than a kid with a Capri Sun packet. Looking forward to dose #2 tomorrow!

@delsolrob

Attachments

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In on this ride…..looks like a great profile, definitely loaded. My old butt could probably get away with 1/2 scoops on that one.😜

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Following along I’m excited to crack mine open!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_9443.JPG

Took my first serving, a full scoop, this morning about 35 minutes before training on an empty stomach with a few other typical staple supplements for that time of day (Ubiquinol, Nattokinase, Creatine, etc). Then I drink a big serving of EAAs, eat a Rice Krispy bar on the way to the gym, and drink carb powder throughout training. So everything absorbs pretty quickly, and I try to get right into it without having to wait for any real food to digest.

I was a little worried about the glycerol in All Out Ultra, as historically it has bothered my gut some. However, this was a total non-issue. Totally normal happy gut feel before & during training. I was also worried the big 3.2g dose of Beta-Alanine would drive me crazy, but I had just your typical BA head itching on the way to the gym ~20 minutes after ingestion and was good to go by training.

I had solid energy throughout, and noticed some significant rep improvements on both the high-rep widegrip benchpress and my db tricep extensions from the last time I did them. One of the nicest things about this so far is that All Out definitely did seem to contribute to a great productive session, but I never “noticed” it. I had energy throughout, good endurance & pumps, without my heartrate ever feeling stimmed up or the pumps being crippling/counterproductive. Good first impressions!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I probably won’t include all of my training in here, but for reference this is what today’s training looked like:

5/21/24
BW 244.8 yesterday

Couch & Pigeon stretch
Band Pullaparts, Flyes, Tris, Presses
One-leg Deadlift
Lat Tie-in Stretch

Widegrip Benchpress
45x15,5,5
95,155x15
185,190x25

DB Rolling Tri Ext
35x15
50 2x15

Chin-ups
NG 12,10
V-grip 12,12

Rope Cable Tri Pressdown
40 2x25

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/22/24

Hip/psoas stretch
Bird Dogs
Cat Camel
Ankle Mobility
Lunge stretch
BW Squats

SSB Squat
65,155,205,255,295,205x10

Hi Handle Kabuki Trapbar
155x15
205 3x15 standing on 2, 4, & 5 mats

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini x35,25,25

Successfully added a lot of total squat volume tonight, like 40%, over a Sunday session that otherwise looked extremely similar. Whether that is primarily from improving specific conditioning, being better hydrated later in the day/more meals, or from All Out is irrelevant - because it’s very likely all 3 factors combined. But 40% is 40%, and I will take that win any time I can!

I cannot safely lift heavy with my back at the moment, so I have to keep things light for lower body and just do the work. So the formula for All Out Ultra truly compliments my current training goals.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I cannot safely lift heavy with my back at the moment, so I have to keep things light for lower body and just do the work
Same! I've realized now I'm not going to break any world records or be a professional bodybuilder so I keep things fairly light due to past back injuries coming back if I go too heavy.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today is a regular rest day.

Took a half scoop in 10oz water with ice. Partly to maintain some beta al and peak O2 intake, but also as a delicious pick-me-up.

It really is that damn tasty.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Took a half scoop in 10oz water with ice. Partly to maintain some beta al and peak O2 intake, but also as a delicious pick-me-up.

It is very tasty and mixes very well! I’ll have to try it with a full shaker and ice.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
All-Out looks like a great ingredient profile. Not too cracked out on Stims.
Just the right amount actually...
I'm most interested in seeing the impact on mental faculties, to be honest.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve heard it said from more than one top lifter that it’s better to come back a month late than one day too early from an injury!
I would definitely agree with this statement! I've learned the hard way too many times on rushing it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like this might be a winner.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

half scoop isn't a bad idea. I'm usually a bit cautious with preWO's cause the tingles drive me insane if I'm not lifting lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
half scoop isn't a bad idea. I'm usually a bit cautious with preWO's cause the tingles drive me insane if I'm not lifting lol
Made the tingles today milder; I’m getting used to that more already.

Today’s training was good!

5/23/24

Band Cuban Press
Couch, Pigeon, hamstring stretch

Bench
45,135,185x5
225x3
255x1
280 4x3, 1x9

1-Boardpress
230 2x12

DB Hammercurls
25,30x12

Incline CS DB Rear Delt Flyes
30 2x12

I was definitely recovering faster between my 4 triples today, getting through them faster before my AMRAP without suffering any performance decline doing so.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Made the tingles today milder; I’m getting used to that more already.
I'm tempted to throw down a scoop in like a full 24oz shaker that I could sip over a round of golf and see how that goes...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm tempted to throw down a scoop in like a full 24oz shaker that I could sip over a round of golf and see how that goes...
You'll be running around the course rather than riding in the cart!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
*Neither Iconic Formulations nor any of its representatives or affiliates is responsible or held liable in any fashion for the loss of any artifacts related to or resulting from diving into a pond for overshot/wayward balls after full scoop consumption at the golf course.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
*Neither Iconic Formulations nor any of its representatives or affiliates is responsible or held liable in any fashion for the loss of any artifacts related to or resulting from diving into a pond for overshot/wayward balls after full scoop consumption at the golf course.
Very good disclaimer to put note on that ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Had some bad training Sunday morning; I was doing rear foot-elevated DB split squats for sets of 10/leg and basically I think I went too hard - couldn’t get my heart rate to ever really come down. I was happy hitting the 50s, because that’s a hard movement on my knees historically and I have never been able to lift much weight on it due to knee problems.

I also think I consumed too much water and wasn’t getting my carb powder in me well since it was effectively too diluted.

This morning, 5/28, was better again - benched 195 & 200 for sets of 25 on Widegrip Bench, a personal best for that. Feeling like my lactic threshold has been creeping up a little lately. A good day!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
no comment in regards to lost balls. however I will say I definitely nursed that shaker lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/29/24
BW 246.6

Hip/psoas stretch
Ankle Mobility
Bird Dogs
Low back/hamstring stretch
KB Suitcase Carries
KB One-leg Deadlifts
BW Lunges & Squats

SSB Squat
65x10
175,225,265x8
305,285x6
265x8
225x12

Pallof Press

Last week I had very bad (and very uncharacteristic) insomnia taking All Out at 5pm for my weekly evening training session. I normally have to avoid extended release caffeine on that night to get to sleep by 11pm, so it appears nothing has changed in that regard.

Took a half scoop at 2pm today to keep some of the ingredients loaded, which was nice finish to the work day, then did a typical mild regular caffeine supplement at 5pm before this. I plan on doing that going forward on Wednesdays.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah we are usually in bed by 9pm or earlier, I don't imagine a 5pm dose of the preWO would lead to good sleep for me it's pretty strong lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yeah we are usually in bed by 9pm or earlier, I don't imagine a 5pm dose of the preWO would lead to good sleep for me it's pretty strong lol.
Same here. I'm usually in bed by 8:30 probably don't fall asleep until 9 or 9:30 and then up at like 3:30 or 4 most mornings. I don't take any caffeine past 9:30am.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here. I'm usually in bed by 8:30 probably don't fall asleep until 9 or 9:30 and then up at like 3:30 or 4 most mornings. I don't take any caffeine past 9:30am.
I'm bad about caffeine. I'm tempted to get one of those at home soda makers. I don't drink caffeine at night, but during the winter it's not uncommon for me to make a 2pm coffee at work, or have a sugar free redbull. My wife and I do tend to stock up on sparkling water at home though and when I have that, I'll often reach for it over other beverages.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5/31/24

Hip/psoas stretch
Cat Camels
Band Cuban Press
Couch, Pigeon stretch on bench

Bench
45,45,135x5
185x3
215,245x2
265x1
285 4x3, 1x8

1-Boardpress
235 2x12

Took a 2/3 scoop yesterday afternoon for work, and got to enjoy a full one this morning before this. Seems like I am getting more accustomed to the BA tingles with the frequent use. Didn’t have the time to do extra stuff today after benching, but I felt good for it!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
BA tingles with the frequent use
I love the BA tingles! Especially after a break from using it for awhile.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really don’t, but I also recall generally having way more issues with them when I was younger. All Out doesn’t seem to be so bad; any inconvenience of them now is definitely offset by how great this product tastes. I look forward to taking All Out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
any inconvenience of them now is definitely offset by how great this product tastes. I look forward to taking All Out.
That's good to know! Taste is definitely the top comment I've seen on this product.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/2/24
BW 249.6

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs w/ my son on my back
Lunge stretch

Seated DB Press
25x10
35 5x10 w/ 60 sec rests

Incline CS DB Rear Delt Flyes
20 6x10 w/ 60 sec rests

Buffalo Bar Squat to 16” box
55x5
+light bands
55,105,195x3
215,235,255x8

3” Hi Handle Trapbar
95x5
145,195,245x10
+30 chain x10
+60 chain x10

Incline Band Tri Extensions
Minis 4x15

Incline CS DB Curls
20 3x12

Cat Camel

Some low back stuff, shoulders & arm fluff, and partial range squats & pulls - long, excellent garage session. Mixed up some All Out, then enjoyed the perfect 70* weather. Definitely had a good sweat & pump going!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/4/24

Band Rear Delts, Lats, Tris, Presses
Cat Camels
Hip stretch
Couple Dips & Pull-ups
DB Lat Tie-in stretch

Widegrip Bench
45,95,135,175x15
205x25 PR
210x26 PR

DB Rolling Tri Ext
30x12
50 2x20

One-arm Cable Tri Pressdown
30 2x23 overhand
20 2x25 underhand

Band Pullaparts
Monstermini 3x35

Shoulder Ext Rotation stretch
Pallof Press

This was awesome; really happy to be seeing my high-rep Widegrip taking off like this. I really feel like between the specific conditioning of just doing higher reps for weeks in a row plus adding in the All Out, I am primed for this - and I intend to cash in! 210x26 wasn’t even failure, just did an extra one for good measure. Looking forward to taking out 215 next week!

As an aside, I took a 3/4 scoop while working yesterday afternoon to help keep things loaded, then my full scoop today preWO. I really think this formula is one that benefits from the routine use.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really don’t, but I also recall generally having way more issues with them when I was younger. All Out doesn’t seem to be so bad; any inconvenience of them now is definitely offset by how great this product tastes. I look forward to taking All Out.
I'm 50/50 like I mentioned. I hate them when I'm driving to the gym if they kick in early. But like today when I was getting changed AT the gym, and just just just barely started feeling them coming on it was perfect timing. if I'm lifting, I don't feel them at all.

As an aside, I took a 3/4 scoop while working yesterday afternoon to help keep things loaded, then my full scoop today preWO. I really think this formula is one that benefits from the routine use.
no tingles from that? When I took that scoop golfing I nursed it over like 3hours so I didn't have tingles, but if I were to pound it I know I would.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
no tingles from that? When I took that scoop golfing I nursed it over like 3hours so I didn't have tingles, but if I were to pound it I know I would.
Oh I get tingles every time.

I do run hotter than most people, and sweat more than average, so I think that has something to do with it possibly as well.

But it was still delicious on ice and made my work day finish stronger.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/5/24

Cat Camel
McGill Curl Ups
BW Squat

Squat to 16” box, powerbar
45,135,225,275,315,345x6
+belt
365,385x6

5” Hi Handle Trapbar, beltless
150,240,330,350,360x5

V-grip Chin-ups

CS Tbar Row
90 3x12

Evening training, so I enjoyed a 3/4 serving at 2pm to get some goodies in and help me pack for a trip tomorrow. Won’t be training likely the rest of the week, so I got a stout back/legs session in while I could.

Something worth noting - you really have to weigh this preWO out to get the dose accurate. Anything with glycerol, it’s mandatory. Today was 18g, but normally I do the full 24g when it’s directly before training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Something worth noting - you really have to weigh this preWO out to get the dose accurate. Anything with glycerol, it’s mandatory. Today was 18g, but normally I do the full 24g when it’s directly before training.
that's a great idea, I should get a food scale at work.
I often wonder when chipping dried up product if you're actually ending up with a bigger dose by the time you scrape out a full scoops worth because it's packed together and more dense.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
that's a great idea, I should get a food scale at work.
I often wonder when chipping dried up product if you're actually ending up with a bigger dose by the time you scrape out a full scoops worth because it's packed together and more dense.
With this product, my experience has been that you need over a full scoop (not packing it) to get the 24g. I basically don’t even look at how I fill the scooper now; I set my shaker of water on my scale, zero it, and keep scooping powder in until it hits 24.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
With this product, my experience has been that you need over a full scoop (not packing it) to get the 24g. I basically don’t even look at how I fill the scooper now; I set my shaker of water on my scale, zero it, and keep scooping powder in until it hits 24.
Going to do this tomorrow!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sound like this one is worth a shot for sure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
6/10/24
BW 247.8

Cat Camel
Bird Dogs
Hip Stretches
Side Planks
BW Squats

RFE DB Split Squat
30,60,90,110x10 (total weight)

Hacksquat
230,270,320x8

GHR
2x15

GHD Sit-ups
2x12

Good Girls
50,70,90x15

Hoist Cable Legpress
300,340x20

Back from a short vacay for the wife to compete last weekend, and back to the gym! Had a cup of coffee + a half of scoop of All Out Ultra and headed to the commercial gym.

The pumps on just a half serving were obscene today. My adductors were so pumped during split squats it was painful just sitting on the bench before the last set; by the end of good girls it was totally nasty. Finished things off with a couple light sets of legpress to flush things out and waddled out like a true bro 🦵

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
it was painful just sitting on the bench before the last set
That's when you know you're getting in a good workout though!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hyde Supplement Logs 160
Hyde Cycle Logs 101
Hyde Supplement Logs 69
Hyde Supplement Logs 73
Hyde Workout Logs 8985