Huperzine A

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Going to be on a stim break soon and wondering if Huperzine A will benefit me at all? I know it won't give me a rush of energy or any other profound effects. From what I've read it enhances your memory and thought process which is pleasing to me. However would Huperzine A be potent enough to "feel" it? By this I mean increased focus and sense of well-being. I know when I was taking Modafinil I definitely felt that "amphetamine-like focus" without the "stim rush". My friend down at the supp store gave me a bunch of Hup A to try out, which is why I'm asking.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I take huperzine a 200mcg with egcg 400mg 3x per day, I never saw any real noticeable nootropic effect from the huperzine in the sense of focus or energy or anything, but I do feel it made me a little 'sharper' through the day. If you already have it, won't hurt to give it a shot I just noticed that it gives me a slight headache if I take it on an empty stomach

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I've never "felt" it per se, but I've heard it is effective in a good Noot stack. I think if you are going to use it, it is supposed to be used with a Choline source though??? I may be wrong.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I did a write-up on HUP-A in the noot section if you wanna check it out:

This is the title...

KB's Guide to the Nootopia: HUP-a

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Link for the lazy?? :D

Sn8ke EaTeR

Sn8ke EaTeR

Awards
Puts me to sleep

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Puts me to sleep
There is some research on hup-a improving REM sleep.

However, anecdotally, many report disrupted sleep patterns with hup-a.

Sn8ke EaTeR

Sn8ke EaTeR

Awards
Interesting.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
I think I'll run it at 400mcg a day to see if I respond to it well.

Sn8ke EaTeR

Sn8ke EaTeR

Awards
hbspeed88

hbspeed88

Awards
Huperzine A works as a reversible Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter responsible for things like learning and memory. Because Huperzine A is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (inhibits the enzyme that degrades acetylcholine), it would work synergistically with a choline source like CDP Choline or Alpha GPC. This way you can optimize brain acetylcholine levels; you have a choline source like Alpha GPC (A-GPC breaks down into free choline and reacts with acetyl-coA via an enzymatic reaction to produce acetylcholine), whilst inhibiting the enzyme that breaks the neurotransmitter down. You could also try a racetam, which are believed to act upon acetylcholine receptors and stimulate their function. Anecdotally, stacks like the following work very well!

Try this as a stack for a starting point:
Phenylpiracetam: 100-200mg
Huperzine A: 100-200mcg
Alpha GPC: 300-500mg

Sn8ke EaTeR

Sn8ke EaTeR

Awards
Makes sense. Prescriptions that have anti-cholergenic effects make you sleepy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VersatileGG Supplements 10
ChocolateClen Nootropics 28
MidwestBeast Serious Nutrition Solutions 10
VWMeatHead IGF-1/GH 10
muscleupcrohn Nootropics 22