Hup A tolerance??

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For a while preworkouts with Hup A, typically 100mcg, had a very pronounced effect on me. 1.5 servings of those PWOs having a noticeably greater effect from it. But I never took these ones so regularly as to get used to it.

I recently acquired some SNS Hup A and started taking 1-2 caps with PWOs that didn't include it already. The first couple times only did I even notice the effect with the caps. I seemingly built a tolerance extremely quick.

So I know 300-400mcg can be taken in a day, but is it okay to take that much at once trying to achieve that noticeable nootropic effect? This tolerance built so fast I'm a bit bummed thinking I need a break from it already.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps adding alpha gpc will insure the effects? I mean, if choline is low, and therefore we have less acetylcholine, then the amount spared by hup a may be less significant. Pure conjecture here

Sent from my iPhone using AnabolicMinds mobile app

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Perhaps adding alpha gpc will insure the effects? I mean, if choline is low, and therefore we have less acetylcholine, then the amount spared by hup a may be less significant. Pure conjecture here

Interesting thought. And honestly a bit more than I may understand on how these work. But worth me doing a bit of actual research into it.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
So yeah, basically alpha gpc is more likely to convert to acetylcholine than say phosphatydylchine of choline bitrarte. Acetylchole is involved in feeling alert and muscle contraction. Huper a stops u from breaking down some acetylcholine, resulting in more being available. I scored some acetylcholine on ebay; not sure it was being sold legally, since i cant get it anywhere now. Anway, i was taking taking like 600mcg hup a and lost benefit after a few days, but when i switched to sns 99% extract and had been on alpha goc at like 3gs a day, i can even tolerate taking 200mcg of huper a; splitting headaches, muscle twitching to name a few of the issues, but i was wired and i felt like flexing all the time before things got miserable

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So yeah, basically alpha gpc is more likely to convert to acetylcholine than say phosphatydylchine of choline bitrarte. Acetylchole is involved in feeling alert and muscle contraction. Huper a stops u from breaking down some acetylcholine, resulting in more being available. I scored some acetylcholine on ebay; not sure it was being sold legally, since i cant get it anywhere now. Anway, i was taking taking like 600mcg hup a and lost benefit after a few days, but when i switched to sns 99% extract and had been on alpha goc at like 3gs a day, i can even tolerate taking 200mcg of huper a; splitting headaches, muscle twitching to name a few of the issues, but i was wired and i felt like flexing all the time before things got miserable

600mcg huperzine at one time? I strongly advise people not to do this.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You actually "feel" Huperzine? I always thought it was too subtle to actually notice.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, like i said it used to be id feel it for a day or two then it would fade by day three, which prompted higher doses that didnt do anything. Now i cant tolerate any because its so strong; im guessing the issue was i didnt have to choline in my system to appreciate it

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, like i said it used to be id feel it for a day or two then it would fade by day three, which prompted higher doses that didnt do anything. Now i cant tolerate any because its so strong; im guessing the issue was i didnt have to choline in my system to appreciate it

I wouldn't take more than 200mcg at one time, with or without a choline source. I don't see a need, and you're just likely to run into some adverse effects, as you noted. It's an effective acute AChE inhibitor at 100-200mcg.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll probably just use it less frequently to see if it resets my tolerance.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll probably just use it less frequently to see if it resets my tolerance.
It's also possible that some of the benefits (AChE inhibition) still persist, but you don't quite "feel" it as much anymore. If I recall, there are a handful of studies that noted benefits with regular huperzine supplementation. I suppose it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. If you want to feel it as a part of a pre-workout, then that may be a good idea, but if you're looking for potential cogntive/nootropic benefits, it may still be beneficial to take it as a part of a regular stack.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's also possible that some of the benefits (AChE inhibition) still persist, but you don't quite "feel" it as much anymore. If I recall, there are a handful of studies that noted benefits with regular huperzine supplementation. I suppose it depends on what you're looking to get out of it. If you want to feel it as a part of a pre-workout, then that may be a good idea, but if you're looking for potential cogntive/nootropic benefits, it may still be beneficial to take it as a part of a regular stack.
Thanks for the insight man.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

600mg is an absurd amount - you'd hit big problems dosing that for any prolonged period of time. Strongly advise against

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Considering the half life of hup a, we only suggest 100-200mg