Hows this article from BB on Pro BBers and Prostitution

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This man spends $30,000 on Growth Hormone alone! He injects and orally takes steroids everyday, and the interviewer didn't even bother writing the list it was so long (Though he wouldn't have written the names anyway). He has to take anti-estrogens, as well as a number of steroids and prohormones for different causes, like one might increase muscle hardness, one might improve vascularity, etc. He goes on for a few paragraphs explaining all the drugs he uses, and for each drug name, they put a [blank]. His blood pressure and cholesterol are high. He constantly has to get them tested. He says he spends about $60,000 a year on drugs. He also makes a statement that might shock you. He says that almost every bodybuilder takes them! The top ten, he says, are all "jabbing" themselves with the same drugs. He also states that none of them has an inkling of training sense and they never train hard at all, and they are half-asleep while training. He says the drugs do all the work. He then tells about how people are going to die soon because of their prolonged use. He claims he will keep taking drugs until he wins, or they beat him. He also states that it isn't just steroids, but other drugs as well. Most bodybuilders take cocaine, because it suppresses you appetite, and they also take speed.

Prostitution

Now is where it starts to get disturbing. He claims that some of the bodybuilders are gay prostitutes! That is where I just got totally shut down. He says he is positive of it, because that is the only way they can afford all of their drugs. They make about $10,000 a month, he says. But how would he know? Well in the next line, he says, "It helps with our drug bill, and sometimes they give you drugs just for the act. Key word there is OUR. So in my opinion, there is a lot of that in the bodybuilding world, which greatly discourages me. Bodybuilders being gay prostitutes make me want to either quit, or set a different example. That is sick. He also said that carb loading is all BS. Once in a while, bodybuilders go to McDonald's or eat pizza, But rarely. The guy has to have a heart monitor and an MRI backstage every competition he goes to. It's sad. They also sell drugs on the side to help pay for their drug needs. They make almost no money, which makes it even harder to buy drugs. He claims he will die eventually (soon) if he keeps going on like this, as will other bodybuilders.

He goes to Mexico to buy drugs. He also took insulin to try and gain muscle mass, but he took too much and starved his brain and almost went into a coma. He goes on throughout the article saying how "They" want "us" to be bigger every year and "They" exploit us and make money off us while we make nothing ("They" being the judges and fans). He says he gets a lot of girls, that isn't a problem for him. He also says that he feels bad about kids always seeing protein powders that say, "Take this and you'll look like [blank]", and all the training schedules of the pros that just lead to overtraining and shattered dreams, because kids don't realize that it's all drugs.

Set a Good Example

Well, first of all, I feel no pity for the bodybuilders. It is their problem they are on all those drugs. Believe me, it is a mutual thing that they take so many steroids, because if just one took them, the rest wouldn't really be forced to. Why? If the judges saw a guy a good 70-100 pounds bigger than everyone else, with the knowledge we have about drugs today, they would pick up that one guy in a hurry. If 5 or six people start taking them, then it looks like they are the only ones who are working hard, do you follow? So I don't think they are "forced" to take the drugs, because if nobody took any drugs, everyone would relatively be in the same ballpark. As for the money, I am glad they get paid nothing, because if they got paid a lot, that would just motivate them to take more drugs. What drug addict wouldn't want to get paid to take drugs? If you don't pay them anything, that is that much less they have to spend on drugs. Remember earlier when I said I could either quit or set a different example? Well, I'm not going to quit, and what kind of an example would I set? So, I decided that bodybuilding was still for me, I will just never be as big as the pros, because I am not going to take steroids. I am going to start training going by the basics of nutrition and training, but not following in the pros' footsteps, because that is just discouraging.

Exploitation

As for the exploitation, he complained that the magazines were partly responsible, he says, "they are selling us". Well, if everyone were to do the same thing and stop taking drugs, the expectations would be different, and as for them selling you, if you don't do interviews with them and you don't let them take pictures of you for their magazines, what do they have? Which pro is going to give all the kids tips? Nothing, and nobody. That way, they have to pay you more. I think that this could be changed just as easily as it was started. There are some of you that will sympathize with him, and that is ok, but I show no sympathy. He stated that the bodybuilders have to sacrifice their pride with the drugs and prostitution. I have more pride than to go that low, why should they have any less? I do feel that it is a sad thing that they had to resort to that, but I think they could have avoided it. I do sympathize in the fact that I feel bad for what they have done to themselves, but they don't seem to be changing anything.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats pretty sick i guess they just close their eyes lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard these rumors before, but they are still disturbing none the less

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I realize that pro-bb'ing is a personal choice, but every now and then when I see a pro-bb'er in a magazine I sometimes feel sorry for them. They don't make the kind of money that the NFL, NBA, or whatever makes due to a much smaller crowd. At the same time, all of them use high amounts of anabolics to achieve the look that they want. The old school bb'ers like Arnold, Larry Scott, etc don't really reflect long-term effects, b/c back in the day they only took a fraction of what Cutler, Coleman,etc take.

I know at the end of the day that all those IFBB pros are passionate about what they do, but what good is being Mr. Olympia once you are already dead @ 50 ?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard swharzanegger was a prostitute...from a reliable source.
A gay prostitute? I just can't see that...but I guess it's totally possible. Who's the girly-man now, Arnie?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
couldn't they find rich old chicks or something?

beallio

beallio

Awards
Set a Good Example

Well, first of all, I feel no pity for the bodybuilders. It is their problem they are on all those drugs. Believe me, it is a mutual thing that they take so many steroids, because if just one took them, the rest wouldn't really be forced to. Why? If the judges saw a guy a good 70-100 pounds bigger than everyone else, with the knowledge we have about drugs today, they would pick up that one guy in a hurry. If 5 or six people start taking them, then it looks like they are the only ones who are working hard, do you follow? So I don't think they are "forced" to take the drugs, because if nobody took any drugs, everyone would relatively be in the same ballpark. As for the money, I am glad they get paid nothing, because if they got paid a lot, that would just motivate them to take more drugs. What drug addict wouldn't want to get paid to take drugs? If you don't pay them anything, that is that much less they have to spend on drugs. Remember earlier when I said I could either quit or set a different example? Well, I'm not going to quit, and what kind of an example would I set? So, I decided that bodybuilding was still for me, I will just never be as big as the pros, because I am not going to take steroids. I am going to start training going by the basics of nutrition and training, but not following in the pros' footsteps, because that is just discouraging.
QUOTE]

Similiar to a prisoners dilemma in game theory...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've heard the gay prostitution allegations several times, even in MD. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that but how low must your self esteem be that you have to get rammed up the a$$ and suck c0ck to get juiced up in an extreme fashion.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard the gay prostitution allegations several times, even in MD. It wouldn't surprise me if they did that but how low must your self esteem be that you have to get rammed up the a$$ and suck c0ck to get juiced up in an extreme fashion.
Pretty low. I'm sure most of the top pros have serious self-esteem issues. I'm sure Zoloft is in their drug mix somewhere.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was thinking they would be the more man role in the homo activity, like some rich yuppy girly man would pay thme big bucks.

On another note, there are alot of homosexual bber out there.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't a better way to make money simply be "drug dealer"?? Think of how many gym rats hang around them that are willing and routinely take MORE juice than they do. I guarantee a lot of pros deal to pay the bills. A lot of amateurs deal to pay the bills too.

As for prostitution, I don't see straight guys going for that when there are other options available. I wouldn't be surprised however if some are willing to do nude photoshoots, or sell nude videos or photos to gay dudes. Not really any different than some chick posing nude in Penthouse for some really skeezy guys to wank off to.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't a better way to make money simply be "drug dealer"?? Think of how many gym rats hang around them that are willing and routinely take MORE juice than they do. I guarantee a lot of pros deal to pay the bills. A lot of amateurs deal to pay the bills too.

As for prostitution, I don't see straight guys going for that when there are other options available. I wouldn't be surprised however if some are willing to do nude photoshoots, or sell nude videos or photos to gay dudes. Not really any different than some chick posing nude in Penthouse for some really skeezy guys to wank off to.
Well, I'd think that being a drug dealer is easier to get caught, is treated more harshly if you do, and probably doesn't earn any more. And I think you're wrong about the gym rats taking more than they do. Some of these guys are measuring in grams what you measure in milligrams just to keep that extra 70-80lbs over their genetic max on them. Its not a simple linear "200mg of test a day gives you an extra 20lbs, so to cover 80lbs you need 800", its harder and harder to keep that on, plus you start to add more and more ancilliary stuff, to combat aromatization, hair loss, etc.

I'm betting that some of these guys are dropping 10-15k a month in keeping their "job". Cause remember too that they can't take a chance of the crap being something else, or nothing at all since their "lives" depend on it. So they need to get every batch of everything tested every time. I bet some of them spend $2000 in testing alone a month. Plus doctor bills :D its not like they have health insurance, but i'll bet they get a lot of blood tests.... that could be 600-800 a month easy too.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading about purple posing trunks as a signal to the ghey judges that if that contestant won, he was available..you know..in the pump up pen..if you get my drift.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah pro bb'ers take a ton of drugs, but at the end of the day it is still genetics that is the determinant of how these guys look.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'd think that being a drug dealer is easier to get caught, is treated more harshly if you do, and probably doesn't earn any more. And I think you're wrong about the gym rats taking more than they do. Some of these guys are measuring in grams what you measure in milligrams just to keep that extra 70-80lbs over their genetic max on them. Its not a simple linear "200mg of test a day gives you an extra 20lbs, so to cover 80lbs you need 800", its harder and harder to keep that on, plus you start to add more and more ancilliary stuff, to combat aromatization, hair loss, etc.

I'm betting that some of these guys are dropping 10-15k a month in keeping their "job". Cause remember too that they can't take a chance of the crap being something else, or nothing at all since their "lives" depend on it. So they need to get every batch of everything tested every time. I bet some of them spend $2000 in testing alone a month. Plus doctor bills :D its not like they have health insurance, but i'll bet they get a lot of blood tests.... that could be 600-800 a month easy too.
10-15K a month?!?! WTF ARE YOU SMOKING?!!

Look, I'm not gonna talk prices, but I'll say this. If someone is taking a ton of stuff, they aren't going to be buying it from a pharmacy, they are going to either be making it themselves or getting it from a friend in bulk who makes it themselves. Making the stuff costs a couple grand for a full year's supply FOR THEM. For your average guy, a couple HUNDRED for a full year round supply.

I have friends from all walks of life. Some are in the DEA. The profit margins on AAS, based on STREET prices is well over 10 times the cost of production. In some cases over 20 times. That's a 1000%-2000% markup. One of my DEA buddies said that the stuff is so cheap to acquire, the powders cost less than the oil and alcohol does.

WTF is a bodybuilder going to make as a prostitute?? A few hundred per assram? Maybe. Maybe if they are more well known they could make a grand or two. Selling AAS they can make tens of thousands a month with little effort. As far as risk goes, no one is going after smalltime dealers, so as long as they don't build a large distribution business, they aren't likely to be looked at. Heck, a lot of these guys supply cops with steroids.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Gay for Pay.. it's kind of well known actually. I used to train at Gold's Venice and the posing room was where some of that went down from what I was told.

Tiberius, wtf are you smoking? Most top level BBers don't use fvckin' UG lab **** and definitely don't make it themselves. They do get Pharm **** and pay top dollar, or people who stand something to gain for their success pay top dollar. ie sponsors.

Last edited:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Mexico baby. That's where all your wildest dreams can come true.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
Gay for Pay.. it's kind of well known actually. I used to train at Gold's Venice and the posing room was where some of that went down from what I was told.

Tiberius, wtf are you smoking? Most top level BBers don't use fvckin' UG lab **** and definitely don't make it themselves. They do get Pharm **** and pay top dollar, or people who stand something to gain for their success pay top dollar. ie sponsors.
And you know HOW many pro bodybuilders?

I won't name names, I will say there are a couple east coast big guys I know personally, and know what their operation and main source of income is.

The ones that go with pharm tend to go with Mexico. Unless they have reliable sources of income that far exceed the average pro, they don't go with pharm unless they are SELLING pharm.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
your east coast guys are comparative brainiacs then... the ones I knew enough to strike up a converstion with aren't too clued in to know what a cosolvent is. That's actually a good thing considering what kind of focus is on the A.A.S. users/distributors.

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
your east coast guys are comparative brainiacs then... the ones I knew enough to strike up a converstion with aren't too clued in to know what a cosolvent is. That's actually a good thing considering what kind of focus is on the A.A.S. users/distributors.
If you know how to read a cake recipe, you know more than enough to whip up a batch of yummy steroids.

All the instructions anyone would ever need are online and easy to obtain, easy to read, step by step. You don't have to know anything about what you're mixing, you just have to know what to mix.

You give UG labs more credit than they deserve.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Tiberius, no I am giving BBers less credit than they deserve.

Plus a lot of them are pretty snobby in regards of UG labs and think that pharm grade is the dope sh1t. Possibly rumblings of elitism. :)

People would be kind of sticking their heads out if they were still frequenting/posting on boards that deal with controlled substances these days regardless.

I'm all natty and don't know **** from **** about brewing. All my numerous posts on the subject in the past were strictly role playing and for the purpose of entertainment.