• Established
  • RockStar
Me too dude.

Make 10k more then last year
Bench 405
Extend my side business from 10 clients to 20
And don't die lol
Not dying is also on my list 😬

actually my main goal this year is to learn to live more in the present moment. So much of my life is “ok on to the next goal” and I want to appreciate where I currently am more

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow you guys really set the bar higher than me. I just want to deadlift a lifetime PR over 500lbs and end the year still married but hey not dying sounds good too

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Dustin I would try the zyn but I truly believe it will just get me back to dipping. I have to do this gradually and slowly to I make sure it sticks. I’m okay with dragging this out in order to lessen any withdraw symptoms and also “relapsing” I truly wish you luck with quitting again as well!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dustin I would try the zyn but I truly believe it will just get me back to dipping. I have to do this gradually and slowly to I make sure it sticks. I’m okay with dragging this out in order to lessen any withdraw symptoms and also “relapsing” I truly wish you luck with quitting again as well!
At the end of the day I think it’s like picking a training program; the one you will stick with is most effective.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've always felt that when you have a addiction, weaning off doesn't help the cravings, but if you put your foot down and just stop, deal with the torture for 7-10 days and then it kinda passes. Obviously this is my experience and everyone will have different ways to quit or cope. But I do think if you put it into perspective. 2 weeks of misery is worth years of not having to deal witj it any more. Also, just like logging your cycle or diet, you could start a quit smoking log or something like that. I feel like when your under the spotlight you make yourself more accountable for your actions. It might help. Ultimately the choice is yours. If you do decide to make a log then tag me. Or go to my thread and put the link in. It's basically just a chat room witj random bullshit and a few oddball updates on cycles and training.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Totally random but I haven't had any in two days now lol and I have some in my truck so it's not like I ran out.

I agree cold turkey is better

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I took the first step a few days ago. I started mixing 75% 20mg with 25% 6mg.
I will do this for a week or two then start adding more 6mg and less 20mg..

esthercozydoze

esthercozydoze

Awards
Congrats on taking that first step! Your plan to gradually decrease nicotine levels sounds like a solid strategy. Have you considered exploring alternatives like the Elfbar Pods to help ease the transition further? Keep up the positive momentum!

Last edited:
Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Anyone can quit anything, You just have to want it bad enough... I abused booze for 40 years.
Literally from my first drink I was hooked. (Age 13 to 53). Of course it progressed over time, but the last 20 years of boozing was 5-6 days a week (hard stuff and beer) even bringing Reds Wicked Ale in my shaker-cup to the gym, etc.

Just went cold turkey (which I don't recommend) heart rate took off dangerously (ambulance ride) etc...
That was 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Once you break the cycle you may not even want it or crave it.
I do not... And I can still go to a bar, sit and have wings and a Heineken Zero, and im not tempted or affected.
(Though the first month of drying out was tough).
The thought of booze now sort of makes me ill... I was just wrapped up in it.

Now Nicotine may be different, I don't know... Never smoked tobacco...
A friend smoked for 30+ years, just said "**** it" and quit. However, he still likes and uses those nicotine lozenges.
He just likes Nicotine. But his lungs and health have improved greatly... Its been 20 years now he hasnt lit up..

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have quit many things. Cocaine, alcohol, opiates, and nicotine. The worst “coming off” feeling was from opiates. Felt like you hadn’t worked out in 5 yrs and did a full body workout and tried to set PR’s for 1 rep max on all lifts w nausea and a fever. But the opiates don’t “call me”. Alcohol I miss but it led to coke. If I don’t drink, I keep my nose clean so I can def live w that.
I ripped 2 packs of butts a day and quit cold turkey. I also dipped on long drives to not smoke as many butts. My wife still smokes. So the temptation is always there. I have to do something “all in” when I do it.
Just quit man. It is the best thing you can ever do for yourself.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have quit many things. Cocaine, alcohol, opiates, and nicotine. The worst “coming off” feeling was from opiates. Felt like you hadn’t worked out in 5 yrs and did a full body workout and tried to set PR’s for 1 rep max on all lifts w nausea and a fever. But the opiates don’t “call me”. Alcohol I miss but it led to coke. If I don’t drink, I keep my nose clean so I can def live w that.
I ripped 2 packs of butts a day and quit cold turkey. I also dipped on long drives to not smoke as many butts. My wife still smokes. So the temptation is always there. I have to do something “all in” when I do it.
Just quit man. It is the best thing you can ever do for yourself.
You must my my long lost brother... Thats me to a T.
I either do something "all in" or I don't do it at all...

Even the music/band thing. I did it for 35 years seriously, when I stopped, I dont even touch a guitar these days.
And I got 6 or 7 of 'em here in my office staring at me...

Weird

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You must my my long lost brother... Thats me to a T.
I either do something "all in" or I don't do it at all...

Even the music/band thing. I did it for 35 years seriously, when I stopped, I dont even touch a guitar these days.
And I got 6 or 7 of 'em here in my office staring at me...

Weird
Brother from another mother???

At least now, my “all in” is w family, working out, and work.
Were you in C.S.D.O.? I use to see a lot of local bands play at bars vfw’s, legions, am vets, etc

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Brother from another mother???

At least now, my “all in” is w family, working out, and work.
Were you in C.S.D.O.? I use to see a lot of local bands play at bars vfw’s, legions, am vets, etc
No, but we would play with them on occasion back in the early 90's, they have been at it for decades...

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I'm not tryna sound like a dick.. but I just quit. I just decided enough was enough and quit. First week was hard, second was still hard.. after a month I didn't care. I even worked around smokers and vapers the whole time and never once gave in.

I had some effed up symptoms for a while but I got over it all within a month. For anyone reading this who wants to quit smoking or vaping - you can do it, just fuckng quit! And don't quit on the quitting part that's all there is to it. For me the only helpful thing I needed was reading the timeframe of what happens to your body when quitting. Motivation to keep going. But discipline is what will get you through period.