how much whey in a day??

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
How much do u guys think. I really cut back a lot on the amount of shakes I take in. I find a feel much healthier and my skin has like a new clearness to it. Been eating mire cottage cheese, chick peas n such. I always have 50 grams post is there any benefits to whey prior to workout over say 7oz of chicken?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i dont feed into meal timing anymore so i dont use a pre meal, my answer would be that whole food is always better in my opinion but chicken takes longer to digest..

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
i dont feed into meal timing anymore so i dont use a pre meal, my answer would be that whole food is always better in my opinion but chicken takes longer to digest..
Yea I'm not exactly to meal timing believer. When you puke n you kno exactly what came out and really how long ago you ate it kinda puts things into perspective..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive trained fasted for a while now and feel an over all improvement in my workouts, i do use purple wraath intra though

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I cannot stand cottage cheese :) Nothing wrong with chicken instead of whey, just not right before workout for digestion reasons of course.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I cannot stand cottage cheese :) Nothing wrong with chicken instead of whey, just not right before workout for digestion reasons of course.
I never liked it till I added honey n fruit. Its good to add to shakes too. 12 grams of protein in half cup! That's insane

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i eat cottage cheese right out the tub....large curd..

indysoccer16

indysoccer16

Awards
  • Established
I have cut shakes out unless I am low on protein for the day from whole food sources and there is no difference in how I feel or am gaining. My strength if anything has increased more since I have switched to only worrying about getting my protein from foods.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use 3 scoops on workout days 1 scoops pre workout with a cup of Greek yogurt and 2 scoops post workout. I off days I might use 1 scoop with pre fast.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
There is really no benefit to diff protein types when they have similar absorption values but for me I need the shakes I have very little time to eat during the day and my appetite sucks lol. I never have whey before a workout tho for some reason having a carb source with whey before a workout makes me feel pretty tired during the workout I prefer some rice and chicken preworkout..

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
There is really no benefit to diff protein types when they have similar absorption values but for me I need the shakes I have very little time to eat during the day and my appetite sucks lol. I never have whey before a workout tho for some reason having a carb source with whey before a workout makes me feel pretty tired during the workout I prefer some rice and chicken preworkout..
Yea um with u on the chicken n rice pwo.

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I usally only have 1 scoop with fruit blended together post training,then a whole food meal 2hrs later,sometimes i make a whole food meal post(today)but use foods easier to digest(greek yogurt,pumpkin,ect)find i recover from mu training better with faster acting souces,training is high intensity(deloading this week)with complexes,swimmming,running so on,so i depleat more then a typical bodtbuilding routine,guess it depends on the stlye of your training for best choice.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As much as YOU need to get in your protein.

Thing2594

Awards
They say since whey is absorbed faster it pulls the body out of that "catabolic" state your in post workout. I honestly don't buy into that bollsheet. I think it wouldn't alter your results at all. In the end it all boils down to busting your butt and having your diet tight. There are coaches like Scott abel who don't have many of their clients on whey unless getting in enough food is a problem.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
They say since whey is absorbed faster it pulls the body out of that "catabolic" state your in post workout. I honestly don't buy into that bollsheet. I think it wouldn't alter your results at all. In the end it all boils down to busting your butt and having your diet tight. There are coaches like Scott abel who don't have many of their clients on whey unless getting in enough food is a problem.
Yea lots of pros eat steak post workout .. good point