Unanswered How much protein first meal of the day after 16hour fast and how much post workout? Intermittent fasting 200grams+ protein aday

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
Hey

I eat 200grams protein a day usually
i fast for 16 hours
break my fast with 60g protein meal
20gram protein snack
60g protein dinner
WORKOUT
60g protein post workout (last meal)

should i eat more protein when i break fast or post workout?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just add an even amount to each meal.

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
is 60g,60g,20g, workout, 60g --- FAST
fine then?

mindsanabolic

mindsanabolic

Awards
is 60g,60g,20g, workout, 60g --- FAST
fine then?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It honestly probably doesn’t matter. I’d personally just split it relatively evenly between however many meals I was eating in that time period.

Your current proposed plan is fine and if it seems sustainable just stick with that.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Post fast you should eat precisely 36.2 grams of protein.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I heard it was 38.6?
Sticking with 36.2. Can you prove me wrong?

Anything over 36,200 mg of amino acids doesn't get used. Your body can only absorb 36,200 mg protein in a meal, so you just crap out the rest.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay. Saying your body can only absorb so much at once and you crap out the rest is insanely stupid. If that were the case you could eat 10k calories a day mostly being protein and cut body fat and lose weight. That is not the case at all. It goes to different biological functions over a certain amount but there are plenty of variables as to how the protein you eat is used. Obviously through a process turning to fat is one result. But you certainly don't crap it out.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Okay. Saying your body can only absorb so much at once and you crap out the rest is insanely stupid. If that were the case you could eat 10k calories a day mostly being protein and cut body fat and lose weight. That is not the case at all. It goes to different biological functions over a certain amount but there are plenty of variables as to how the protein you eat is used. Obviously through a process turning to fat is one result. But you certainly don't crap it out.
Your internet sarcasm meter is crazy broken.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, since the jig is up...you don't have to weigh your protein with a milligram scale either. Just eat guys and hit your protein goals for the day, week, month, year.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey

I eat 200grams protein a day usually
i fast for 16 hours
break my fast with 60g protein meal
20gram protein snack
60g protein dinner
WORKOUT
60g protein post workout (last meal)

should i eat more protein when i break fast or post workout?
I think it's okay.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To build a meal plan focus on getting enough protein first, enough carbohydrates to match your activity level, and round out the rest of your calories with fat.
.6-1g of protein per lb of bodyweight
4 Calories per gram.
Depends on leanness and training volume. If you are leaner or train harder, you need more protein.
Builds muscle (anabolism).
Spares muscle (anti-catabolism).
No justification in literature for more than 1g/lb.
1-3g carbohydrates per lb of bodyweight
4 Calories per gram.
Depends on activity level.
Provides energy for training (glycogen).
Prevents muscle loss (anti-catabolism).
Directly stimulate anabolism (via insulin).
10-25g fat minimum per day
9 Calories per gram
Needed for health and physiological function.
Calorie buffer to round out diet. Easy to get more calories by eating more fat.
Muscle breakdown and growth are continuous and smooth processes. ProvenPeptides. This means it is advantageous to have a steady stream of nutrients available. If nutrients aren't in the GI tract, they will be pulled from other tissues (e.g. no aminos in GI tract means muscles will be broken down). This won't make a bad diet good, but it will make a good diet better.

Last edited:

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also,
6 Egg Whites And 2 Yolks Will Provide The Body With
  • 26.5 grams of protein
  • Zero carbohydrates
  • 5.23 grams of fat 2.7 grams of that is unsaturated fat (good fats)
  • 153 calories

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It honestly probably doesn’t matter. I’d personally just split it relatively evenly between however many meals I was eating in that time period.

Your current proposed plan is fine and if it seems sustainable just stick with that.
Yes,

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For someone who is trying to burn fat -- and most people doing IF are -- having a protein intake closer to 30% total calories is a must.

Protein is one of those macronutrients that does not change based on goals, activity, or experience.

When it comes to carbs and fat, I usually play with these numbers the most. For example, on workout days, I'll tend to have more carbs because I want muscle glycogen available after a workout and for the next day's workout. ProvenPeptides.

On non-workout days, I usually only have carbs at night to help with sleep, but this isn't always the case. A lot of times it based on how much activity I have done that day, or how busy I am.