How many of you guys actually compete

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering how many of you guys actually compete in Strongman. And what contests you have coming up. I just competed in a contest in Columbia SC and have the beast of the east in Myrtle Beach SC coming up in April.

anadrol75

Awards
In powerlifting not strongman. You live in S.C. ? I live in the upstate area of S.C.

Luke Whippo

Awards
I've done 6-strongman comps all in Waldorf MD

I'm doing the mid-atlantic strongman in may (in waldorf) and will do the "maryland strongman" in the summer........some big weights to be carried for us 200lbers in these shows, and the 231+ guys for an am. contest!!! lots of fun indeed.

Old Poser

Awards
I've done 2 strongman shows, > 10 olympic lifting meets, and > 15 track and field (throwing) meets since 2000. I'm in my mid-40's.

Firm believer in

'It doesn't count if it ain't done in a meet'.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready to start competing again, I did a lot of meets at 198 when I was in my 20's, now I'm trying to get down to 240. Problem is I took so many years off my lift's aren't real competitve for 240, a few meets should help it along. By the way I'm in Sumter, nowhere in between ya'all.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I've done 6-strongman comps all in Waldorf MD

I'm doing the mid-atlantic strongman in may (in waldorf) and will do the "maryland strongman" in the summer........some big weights to be carried for us 200lbers in these shows, and the 231+ guys for an am. contest!!! lots of fun indeed.
What are the events/weighgts. My training partners might be going to the maryland show. He's a 231 lber like me.

Anytime

Awards
I'll be doing the pro-am in Oklahoma on May 20th in the 231's. It will be my 15th or 16th show...I think, have lost count!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
i did powerlift for 6 yrs, ..i loved it

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I'll be doing the pro-am in Oklahoma on May 20th in the 231's. It will be my 15th or 16th show...I think, have lost count!
Sweet man, any chance of turning pro.

Anytime

Awards
Sticks: Maybe if the 19 other guys competing have bad days!!

This is my first comp in a year and a half. Life got in the way for a while. I'm just looking forward to getting back into it and seeing how I stack up in Tulsa.

Good luck in your training in the upcoming comps!

Luke Whippo

Awards
What are the events/weighgts. My training partners might be going to the maryland show. He's a 231 lber like me.

I don't know when or what the "maryland" will be yet, he hasn't put it out yet.

shouldn't be much differant than the mid-atlantic, but who knows?

farmers/yoke med. 260 an arm/715yoke for lights
290an arm/785 for heavies

axle for reps (no jerks, no continentals allowed) 215/255 clean ea. rep

tire 680 12-flips ea. group (rough for a light)

keg med. 3-kegs 20yards out and back ea. (all well over 200)

stones 6-stones 240-340lights 240-355heavies