How long before Accutane works?

gynopuff

Awards
Hey guys i was just wondering who has ranthis and how long did it take to work or at lest start working?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Haven't you asked this same exact question before?

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
I've been on it for probably 3 or 4 months and the effects are finally in full action. Lips got hella dry and chapped within the first month. I started at 20mg if I remember correctly and after the first month up until now I've been at 40mg.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
it takes a while for it to build up in a persons' system - could see a difference in 3 months, or might take 6 months.

do you know what caused your acne? was it a particular PH you ran?

gynopuff

Awards
it takes a while for it to build up in a persons' system - could see a difference in 3 months, or might take 6 months.

do you know what caused your acne? was it a particular PH you ran?
I cycled test dmz s4 8 months ago and pct as well but got cystic acne when i got off barley any acne while on. I got bloods e2 was at 36 fre t 13.9 idk what to do I'm getting scars I'm freaking out.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
The dmz will have altered your hormones natural state so it may take a little time for that to balance man.
Try to stay hydrated, at least 4 litres of water a day with no flavouring in it. Eat clean (no sugar products). If you are taking the accutane now give it time to act and you'll be ok.
I hate to say this but there is no quick cure, especially for cystic acne. Do your best to shower asap after sweating (don't sit around in sweaty gym clothes - go home and shower). Use a foaming facial cleanser on any acne prone areas. Avoid scented body wash or scented bar soap. Use a clean towel to dry off and wash your pillow case and bed sheets at least twice per week. Eat lots of leafy greens and get plenty of sleep.
You're body isn't happy right now so treat it well and let it balance out.
Try not to panic, you will heal and the scars can be minimized. Give it time and stay clean and hydrated.

gynopuff

Awards
The dmz will have altered your hormones natural state so it may take a little time for that to balance man.
Try to stay hydrated, at least 4 litres of water a day with no flavouring in it. Eat clean (no sugar products). If you are taking the accutane now give it time to act and you'll be ok.
I hate to say this but there is no quick cure, especially for cystic acne. Do your best to shower asap after sweating (don't sit around in sweaty gym clothes - go home and shower). Use a foaming facial cleanser on any acne prone areas. Avoid scented body wash or scented bar soap. Use a clean towel to dry off and wash your pillow case and bed sheets at least twice per week. Eat lots of leafy greens and get plenty of sleep.
You're body isn't happy right now so treat it well and let it balance out.
Try not to panic, you will heal and the scars can be minimized. Give it time and stay clean and hydrated.
You think the dmz 8 months ago is still effecting me?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've ran it twice.. once at 16 through a doctor when I had horrid acne.. noticed major improvements after 1 month. I stayed on for 8 months through my doctor, I went from 40mg up to 160mg before my LFTs were to elevated to continue.

I ran it again about 2 years ago for bodybuilding purposes, much less severe acne. I ran 20mg and I was happy after 20 days or some.. my first LFT panel was so-so at 30 days, but at 60 days.. I wasn't happy with my LFT panel results so I stopped.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
It'll take a while. First thing you'll notice is dry lips and it'll get worse as time goes on. Lip balm will be your best friend for a while. Your face will get so dry and you will definitely need a good thick moisturizer or the skin around your lips and nose will get flaky and painful.

Cetaphil or the daily advanced lotion worked great for me.

jaakonpallo

Awards
For me quite fast, after 2 weeks and improvement starts , but that's only improvement and doesn't mean it's fully gone as it takes sometimes months for that. Don't give up , accu helps guaranteed. When I used it got really depressed cause I thought it's not gonna work at all , depression could have been a side effect or it could have been both witch I'm more inclined to believe so keep that in mind. But depression definitely went away as soon as face started look to better from acne.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it really depends on the person and the starting dose. I usually notice it by the end of the 1st month with drier skin. Also you may or may not break out during this time. It's normal. It's hell but it's for the best.

Also your hair may or may not thin out as well and fall out more than usual during showers. Usually it goes back to normal after.