How is estrogen eliminated from the body?

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Ok, so I understand how AI's work, but my next question is when estrogen reach uncomfortable levels how is the hormone actually eliminated from the body?

It's seems like everything I read is focused on stopping the production of more estrogen, but what kind of time frame are we looking at for lowering active estrogen in the body? It would seem to me that if your levels are high enough to cause sides, dosing your AI wouldn't do much of anything immediately, but would only be felt when E levels actually drop.

Are there any supplements or chemicals to speed up the metabolism and elimination of estrogen from the body?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/estrogen-blocker-aromatase-inhibitor-info

I dont know if you want to eliminate estrogen because you still need alittle you just want to reduce it. I know you said you already read info on AI's but check out Strong Supplement Shops info page on them. Some of our products are discontinued but you can see search and read up on the products and ingredients in them.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Thanks for the read, I was mostly wondering where and how estrogen is processed out of the body? Basically where and how is it taken out of circulation. I've seen that the liver plays a role and that it is then passed out through the intestines, but can be reactivated in the intestines by certain bacteria and put back into circulation.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the read, I was mostly wondering where and how estrogen is processed out of the body? Basically where and how is it taken out of circulation. I've seen that the liver plays a role and that it is then passed out through the intestines, but can be reactivated in the intestines by certain bacteria and put back into circulation.
in short, it's metabolized in the liver and excreted as waste through your gi system. Dietary fiber and overall healthy gi tract allows for it to go through without being reabsorbed. Poor guy health can allow it to be absorbed and not excreted.

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
Put very simply estrogens (there are three main endogenous forms; estradiol- most active, estrone and estriol) are mainly eliminated in urine after undergoing hydroxylation by CYP450 enzymes before being conjugated into water soluble metabolites. Some estrogens are eliminated in faeces as hyroxylated forms with bile salts.

As far as I'm aware DIM and I3C have been found to increase the 2-hydroxylation of estrone and estradiol by enzyme induction through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor which essentially shifts two arms of the primary metabolic pathway to increased production of less estrogenic metabolites.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok, so I understand how AI's work, but my next question is when estrogen reach uncomfortable levels how is the hormone actually eliminated from the body?

It's seems like everything I read is focused on stopping the production of more estrogen, but what kind of time frame are we looking at for lowering active estrogen in the body? It would seem to me that if your levels are high enough to cause sides, dosing your AI wouldn't do much of anything immediately, but would only be felt when E levels actually drop.

Are there any supplements or chemicals to speed up the metabolism and elimination of estrogen from the body?
E is actively eliminated. An AI can lower estrogen 50%+ after just one dose. The myth of lagtime is a myth

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Put very simply estrogens (there are three main endogenous forms; estradiol- most active, estrone and estriol) are mainly eliminated in urine after undergoing hydroxylation by CYP450 enzymes before being conjugated into water soluble metabolites. Some estrogens are eliminated in faeces as hyroxylated forms with bile salts.

As far as I'm aware DIM and I3C have been found to increase the 2-hydroxylation of estrone and estradiol by enzyme induction through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor which essentially shifts two arms of the primary metabolic pathway to increased production of less estrogenic metabolites.
very informative post.