How does ths look?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alright... I started my bulk at about 135....up to about 150 at 5'9, nuttin to write home about, but progress is progress, jsut lookin to see hat you guys think of the diet and workout right now..... thanks for any input

Breakfast 7 a.m
1 cup oats
banana
10 oz milk
3 whole eggs
3/4 cup egg whites
some cheese or candian bacon
p/c/f - 60/90-100/20-24

meal 2 - 10-1030
8 oz chicken
2 oz dry ezekiel pasta or 1 1/4 cups brown rice
couple cups veggies
1/2 T Oil
p/c/f - 55/65/15-20

Work out - 1

Work out shake - 1 scoop hydrowhey
1/2 scoop casein
1 scoop waxy maize
p/c/f - 40/5/2

Post workout 330-4
some form of meat either pork, chicken, lean red meat, or fish
salad
1 ounce avocado
2 T light olive oil italian dressing
4 oz sweet potato
p/c/f - 55/45/15-20

late night meal - 7-730
usually a blend of lean meat and some eggwhites stirfried with sum veggies and oil
p/c/f 45-50/10-20/18-23

Before bed - 1030
1.5 cups cottage cheese
1T PB
1T almond butter
3/4 oz cheese (jsut cuz i liek it :))
p/c/f - 45/13/20-25

Totals - p/c/f - 300/300/100

Workout split -
Chest/Tris - sometimes chest/abs if my arm day was close to it
Back/Bis
Shoulders/Traps
Off
Arms
Legs
off

sometimes do abs on off days

not including warmups the workouts are suually about 1.5 hours, i drink exten throughout and start sippin on my protei shake towards the end and finish it usually about 15-20 min before i stop lifting....

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I think protein is a bit high, would keep it around 1.5g per 1lb BW and replace calories with some more good fats or even some carbs if you are not sensitive and don't gain fat easily.

3 days of upper body in a row seems a bit OTT. I would put legs at the start of your week, possibly splitting up Quads and Hamstrings if you lack development like me.

I have started a day of deadlifts German Volume style with Hamstrings afterward.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
could u give me an example of your split and training?

primetime74

primetime74

Awards
I agree, you dont need quite as many grams of protein. You dont have the size yet to require that much protein. Stick to 200-225 for now. Amp up your carbs with a lil more fats.

I assume you really want to focus on bringing up your arms. Right now Id suggest working on gaining the mass, then look to refine the arms and what not. Dont over do things. Gains come over time, once you gain weight the arms will grow.

Legs
Back/bis
off
chest
shoulders/tris
off
off

This schedule lets you focus on gaining size. Youll have ample rest. Dont forget to hit the legs hard. They release the most hormones, plus are the biggest muscles in the body. Too many lifters cop out on leg day and go half ass.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i def. bust my ass on leg day, as a matter of fact my hams are still killin me from 3 days ago haha.....woudlnt i be bad training chest an then shoulders seeing as that the tris are heavily involved in both? What would u say is a good # of carbs? i was thinkin bout ogin up to 350, i jsut dont wanna up the carbs too fast in fear off too much fat gain, i dont think im really prone to it but id rather be on the safe side

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
i def. bust my ass on leg day, as a matter of fact my hams are still killin me from 3 days ago haha.....woudlnt i be bad training chest an then shoulders seeing as that the tris are heavily involved in both? What would u say is a good # of carbs? i was thinkin bout ogin up to 350, i jsut dont wanna up the carbs too fast in fear off too much fat gain, i dont think im really prone to it but id rather be on the safe side

Aslong as your nutrient timing is in order, (e.g. carbs before/after workout) you should be able to minimize fat gain.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea and my split is:-

sumodeadlift + back
chest + forearms + calves
Cardio/Rest
Standard deadlift + hamstrings
Shoulders + Biceps
Quads + Triceps
Cardio/Rest

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
good point.....i cold def add more carbs post orkou i think, it aroudn 55 grams right now in my chake and only 45 in teh meal so i could bum the shaek to aout...70? and the meal to about 60?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
tats a very interestingsplit, different for sure, i liek it houg, its always been hard for me to seperate quads and hams cuz it seems liek ur using them both at teh same time, but i would like to try it so i can hit eachwith alot of intensity

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
tats a very interestingsplit, different for sure, i liek it houg, its always been hard for me to seperate quads and hams cuz it seems liek ur using them both at teh same time, but i would like to try it so i can hit eachwith alot of intensity
Yea man its good to try new things after a while. For Quads day I only squat/front squats which is not enough to stimulate my hamstrings, so I save the energy and hit them hard on their own.

Yea get more carbs in post workout. Maybe just have a protein shake then a big ass meal 15 - 20 mins later with 80+ carbs e.g. some pasta + salmon etc...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yea that would save me money from the waxy maize....

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
about an hour and ahalf a little longer now that i got a trining partner so we gotta switch wieghts and what not

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Limit your workout to 1hr not inc any PWO cardio. 1hr 30min is a bit too much and can be counterproductive. Maybe drop out some sets, cut time in half, stop checking the hot ass on the treadmill :) etc.....

You need to find a good balance between intensity and volume.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
stop checking the hot ass on the treadmill ....hha u caught me lol..... u make good points cuz im def not as intense after being there an hour....... how bout like an hour then some post workout cario every now and then?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Yea just keep the lifting to an 1hr and its up to you about PWO cardio. Some do it on their off days.

primetime74

primetime74

Awards
Overall the best thing anyone can say is to experiment with different diets, work outs, etc. Take in what info you read here, mags, sites, etc. Try your own philosophies. Take note of what works best for YOU. Everyone is different. Some respond better to higher reps, some lower, some more carbs, some less, etc.

I try to keep my work outs at around a hour if going for lower reps with heavier weight. If Im working more moderate weight with less rest I try to be done in 45 or a lil less. No matter what try not to go much over a hour. Personally, when I rest too long I lose focus and that energy/attitude. I cant do like some guys and rest 5 mins between sets. When you get use to a higher pace your body will adapt and you can lift near the same weights. Its better to not go much over a hour because your over doing it at that point.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i agree with ur rest periods, i notice now that i have a partner i rest longer and lose focus much easier unless im pushin him

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to reply so late. So i'm not sure when you're getting in your food after your workout but i'd say don't necessarily just stick to a certain time. Best time to have your post workout meal is an hour after. For me it was hard to get in some whey right after my workout and then have my stomach be ready to eat an hour after (it just felt like the whey shake put a coating around my stomach) but i forced myself to and in the long run i feel it was very beneficial.

Also, good post above on making sure your w/o only lasts an hour long.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yea i usually do 1-1.5 hours, usuall ynot hungry but make sure i have a large meal after for sure