How Can I INCREASE Aldosterone?

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
Yes, you read that write, I want to INCREASE not lower, my Aldosterone levels.

Blood test result came back as very low.

I struggle to hold salt, and hence my pumps suffer big time. Even adding salt doesn't really seem to help.

Anyone know any ways to achieve this? Apart from Estrogenic licorice.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
You may consider a low dose glucocorticoid, just for symptomatic relief. Licorice extract is excellent if you're trying to hold water naturally, but you must use the real extract with Glycyrrhizin, not the DGL stuff. (it's not that estrogenic really)

But as far as mending your adrenals, do you have more background details to share? The things to consider depend on the nature of the cause.

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
You may consider a low dose glucocorticoid, just for symptomatic relief. Licorice extract is excellent if you're trying to hold water naturally, but you must use the real extract with Glycyrrhizin, not the DGL stuff. (it's not that estrogenic really)

But as far as mending your adrenals, do you have more background details to share? The things to consider depend on the nature of the cause.
Appreciate the response dude.

I will DM you.

P

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Do NOT take glucocorticoids, they will suppress your HPTA. Also, stay away from Licorice extract. It is highly estrogenic. I personally immediately gain fat, have water retention and gyno begins manifesting. It is nothing to mess around with. How are your cortisol levels? Have you done a 24 hour saliva cortisol test? If you can balance this, it may help your Aldosterone increase.

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
Do NOT take glucocorticoids, they will suppress your HPTA. Also, stay away from Licorice extract. It is highly estrogenic. I personally immediately gain fat, have water retention and gyno begins manifesting. It is nothing to mess around with. How are your cortisol levels? Have you done a 24 hour saliva cortisol test? If you can balance this, it may help your Aldosterone increase.
Yo man!

Thanks for the response.

You're spot on.

I did some tests and found that I was bordering on anaemia which is fkd.... I've been taking too many things that chelate Iron.... and been donating blood.

Since correcting this Iron deficiency I have not been craving salt.

I also respond ultra well to the Cyproheptadine rebound on day 4 after dosing.

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
Cyproheptadine is a nasty drug for adrenal function. You should stop taking it immediately. It has a negative effect on Aldosterone secretion because it is an antiserotoninergic drug.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7017408

Try 5-HTP 200mg daily. It can help increase Aldosterone.
https://dm5migu4zj3pb.cloudfront.net/manuscripts/112000/112128/cache/112128.1-20150304083310-covered-253bed37ca4c1ab43d105aefdf7b5536.pdf
I know Cypro acutely makes me feel like ****, but it always acts as a resetter for me.

I take it, feel like **** for 3 days and then I can this amazing rebound effect that lasts for weeks.

Man I never knew that about 5-HTP, but raising serotonin is something I definintely do not want.... It will worsen PSSD.